Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)

• 365 replies

Johnny23

Re: Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« Reply #240 on: November 19, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
How many things are “provable” on sports forums? Essentially nothing.

He’s a good coach. He’s got a philosophy I can get behind. He has the benefit of decades of coaching experience that our last coach didn’t. But he’s flawed. He was just fired. Our fans can’t do middle ground, though. We have a messiah complex as a fan base.

That's all some of us are saying. This IS the middle ground. He's a solid coach with a plan. Not the greatest, not the worst. However it has proven effective over a large body of work.

That is all.

TONYD3

« Reply #241 on: November 19, 2019, 03:16:30 PM »
How many things are “provable” on sports forums? Essentially nothing.

The difference between Mullin and Anderson is a relatively small one. My issue — and the motivation behind my nonstop trolling lately — is how ridiculous and irrational the Anderson supporters are. He’s not Pete Carril. He’s never been known as an Xs and Os guy. In fact, it’s always been quite the oppsite. He tries to make games ugly and frenetic.

He’s a good coach. He’s got a philosophy I can get behind. He has the benefit of decades of coaching experience that our last coach didn’t. But he’s flawed. He was just fired. Our fans can’t do middle ground, though. We have a messiah complex as a fan base.

For such an educated guy you should be able to add and subtract. Mullin’s record wasn’t kind of bad. It was one of the worst in conference history. Not many guys are worse. That is provable.
But it’s hard to be worse because when you are a coach that loses so many games by such big margins you get fired. Last, 8th, tied for last and 7th place gets you shit canned!
Now if you look at coach Anderson’s record, he never came close to last place.  He has a WINNING conference record at 3 schools. That’s why he has a job. That’s why he was given another chance.
Better comparisons for Mullin. Jerry wainwright, Oliver purnel, and our own norm Roberts.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 03:18:10 PM by TONYD3 »

Foad

« Reply #242 on: November 19, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »
I have used to age thing like 4 times already.

Yes I know. You have three mundane ideas you find epiphanic because you're a dimwit and you repeat them over and over because you're a bore. Whereas the only epiphanic thing you've ever mentioned is my erection.

You say I don’t get to you. But it’s kind of easy.

Me every once in a while responding to your continual humping of my leg by calling you an imbecile isn't you getting to me, it's me calling you an imbecile.

In a few months if I suggest that you are 70 or 80. Remember I really know how old you are. Even if you were 70 years old, who cares?

I mention your age constantly, who cares about your age? That's stupid even for you.

Just wondering how come shot selection didn’t get mentioned in your previous 100 blogs? If you didn’t notice it before, maybe you are senile

Actually I talk about shot selection pretty regularly, because it's pretty regularly stunk. If you didn't notice it before, maybe you are idot.

Foad

« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
What exactly do we need UVM to have a good showing for?

It could help our CBI tournament seeding.

ras

« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »
Anderson don't draw up plays, his defense has a lot of holes against a well coach experienced team, Anderson needs superior athletes to win, getting beat by Vermont is a indication of how the season will go, was hoping this team was better than that.
Anderson don't draw up plays, his defense has a lot of holes against a well coach experienced team, Anderson needs superior athletes to win, getting beat by Vermont is a indication of how the season will go, was hoping this team was better than that.
We lost the game because Figgy and Heron played below par and we missed free throws. Anderson can’t be blamed when the ball doesn’t go through the hoop. But it was just 1 game. Need a greater sample size to really evaluate him.

TONYD3

« Reply #245 on: November 19, 2019, 08:11:12 PM »
National champions up 3 with 15 minutes left over the embarrassment that is Vermont.

TONYD3

« Reply #246 on: November 19, 2019, 08:16:39 PM »
National champions up 3 with 15 minutes left over the embarrassment that is Vermont.
Vermont up 3. 12 left

« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2019, 08:17:06 PM »

Exactly.  Didnt a dude on here say the loss to vermont was the worst in johnny history?  Hahahaha.

He should get a month ban for having 0 knowledge about the game of basketball.

« Reply #248 on: November 19, 2019, 08:25:08 PM »
Lamb is unconscious.  All things considered, we did a great job on him.

« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
And again Vermont is really good, our best player played horrible, and our other best player wasn’t on either and still shouldn’t beat them if it wasn’t for free throws and a lucky double team shot.

« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2019, 08:37:23 PM »
And again Vermont is really good, our best player played horrible, and our other best player wasn’t on either and still shouldn’t beat them if it wasn’t for free throws and a lucky double team shot.

Yup.  They are falling apart here down the stretch thkugh.  3 trips down the floor and 3 bad turnovers.

Johnny23

« Reply #251 on: November 19, 2019, 08:55:59 PM »
We all knew Vermont was a very solid team. Top 35 nationally by most accounts. There was only a few on here that were painting a false narrative that a loss to Vermont at home was some huge disappointment. Far from the truth.

TONYD3

« Reply #252 on: November 19, 2019, 09:02:09 PM »
Exactly.  Didnt a dude on here say the loss to vermont was the worst in johnny history?  Hahahaha.

Worst loss in school history at least from my experience was at Fordham Mullins  first year. We had no PG except mussini (staff was to lazy to find a Rutherford). Mussini got raped basically the entire game. The team couldn’t handle Ryan rhooms, a guy Lavin didn’t want. Forgot the score I think we lost by 35 to Fordham! Coach mMullins deserved a pass, how could he be expected to compete with Fordham?
Sat court side for that embarrassment. Rosehill is cool place to see a game. 1st time our coach threatened the other coach.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:13:58 PM by TONYD3 »

Johnny23

« Reply #253 on: November 19, 2019, 09:03:27 PM »
Worst loss in school history at least from my experience was at Fordham mMullins first year. We had no PG except mussini (staff was to lazy to find a Rutherford). Mussini got raped basically the entire game. The team couldn’t handle Ryan rhooms, a guy Lavin didn’t want. Forgot the score I think we lost by 35 to Fordham! Coach mMullins deserved a pass, how could he be expected to compete with Fordham?
Sat court side for that embarrassment. Rosehill is cool place to see a game. 1st time our coach threatened the other coach.

Probably the most passion he showed in 4 years here.

« Reply #254 on: November 19, 2019, 09:25:52 PM »

You're giving him too much credit.

ras

« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2019, 09:29:03 PM »
Robert Morris first round loss in NIT during Lavin years ,when we were #1 seed was pretty bad.

TONYD3

« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »
Robert Morris first round loss in NIT during Lavin years ,when we were #1 seed was pretty bad.
Big east game vs providence when we didn’t show up was worse. Win that we were dancing. No NIT
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:31:55 PM by TONYD3 »

QuanMan

« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »
Worst loss in school history at least from my experience was at Fordham Mullins  first year. We had no PG except mussini (staff was to lazy to find a Rutherford). Mussini got raped basically the entire game. The team couldn’t handle Ryan rhooms, a guy Lavin didn’t want. Forgot the score I think we lost by 35 to Fordham! Coach mMullins deserved a pass, how could he be expected to compete with Fordham?

Neubauer's one shining moment, he and Undergrad Mass both are dead men walking.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »

Bad loss but the whole "too lazy" rhetoric on why we didn't get a player here or there needs to stop. Sometimes these players just don't exist especially late.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

cjfish

« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2019, 11:00:14 PM »
After watching Vermont play Virginia close the entire game I’d have to say losing to them was not a disgrace