Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)

• 365 replies

Marillac

Re: Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2019, 06:25:21 PM »
I don't know about historically bad loss but it's a bad loss. It's hard to say otherwise. Barring massive progress in the rest of the nonconference schedule this team is going to be bad and get smacked around in big east play. Just because you like Anderson doesn't mean you should ignore reality.

Vermont is 4-0 for the first time since 1977. That is 42 years.

In a hundred years of basketball they have NEVER beaten any of the ten Big East teams.

If those don’t qualify as historic the term doesn’t exist in college basketball. The announcer literally said it would be an historic win for them.

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2019, 06:33:53 PM »

In a hundred years of basketball they have NEVER beaten any of the ten Big East teams.

If those don’t qualify as historic the term doesn’t exist in college basketball. The announcer literally said it would be an historic win for them.

This is such a stupid point of view.  Vermont doesnt play big east teams.  Do you even know the last time vermont played a game against a big east opponent?

goredmen

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2019, 06:35:04 PM »

I wish losing to a team that is going to be a 12 seed with one of the 25 best players in college basketball would be considered a historically bad loss for us but perhaps you forgot what program this is and what we’ve experienced over the past 20 years. This isn’t even the top 10.

I guess now that Matt’s gone and Baldi doesn’t care enough to troll anymore this board does need somebody to take that spot.

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »
I wish losing to a team that is going to be a 12 seed with one of the 25 best players in college basketball would be considered a historically bad loss for us but perhaps you forgot what program this is and what we’ve experienced over the past 20 years. This isn’t even the top 10.

I guess now that Matt’s gone and Baldi doesn’t care enough to troll anymore this board does need somebody to take that spot.

Agreed.  This team is farther along then i thought they would be.  And we have a real pg too.

This is going to be an exciting season.  I think we can compete in the big east. 

goredmen

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2019, 06:41:03 PM »
Agreed.  This team is farther along then i thought they would be.  And we have a real pg too.

This is going to be an exciting season.  I think we can compete in the big east. 

I don’t know how you took that away from my post. I think we’re a 6-12 team in the Big East. I think we go 1-1 at Mohegan and lose to WVU and get crushed by Arizona

Marillac

« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2019, 06:41:50 PM »
This is such a stupid point of view.  Vermont doesnt play big east teams.  Do you even know the last time vermont played a game against a big east opponent?

They lost to Butler recently. They are 0-8 against Villanova and 0-7 against Providence. They haven’t beaten any other Big East team besides Anderson’s St. John’s team.

This was the worst coached offensive game I’ve ever seen of St. John’s in 20 years if watching regularly.

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2019, 06:53:13 PM »
Vermont got us to switch on pick and rolls far too many times and their guards abused our bigs. No help defense to speak of.

Not sure why Caraher got in the dog house 2nd half.

As much as Dunn looked light years ahead of non factor Rutherford he was still 4-12 shooting. Big time onions shot and think he gets a pass for it being his first game but we need more efficiency from him.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2019, 06:53:45 PM »

Not true...  The Catamounts have one win under their belt against a current Big East member – a 25-19 victory over Villanova on Feb. 12, 1924 in Burlington.

cjfish

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2019, 07:01:58 PM »
Dunn had a solid game.  Needed the Duke at the end around the hoop.  Not a horrible loss, VT well coached, expeienced
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:02:39 PM by cjfish »

« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2019, 07:10:20 PM »
Not true...  The Catamounts have one win under their belt against a current Big East member – a 25-19 victory over Villanova on Feb. 12, 1924 in Burlington.

LOL

I don't support trolling but this made me laugh out loud.

« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2019, 07:10:59 PM »
Dunn had a solid game.  Needed the Duke at the end around the hoop.  Not a horrible loss, VT well coached, expeienced

It was an encouraging debut for him.

« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2019, 07:13:29 PM »
Entertaining game. We have work to do.

cjfish

« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2019, 07:17:53 PM »

It's historic for them but just another loss for us.  Worst loss in SJU history....Mullin team to Niagara in the mideighties

« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »
Disgraceful. Historically bad loss.

This is the first time since 1977 that Vermont has been 4-0. This is the first time Vermont has ever beaten any of the ten Big East teams.

Unreal.

We were reduced to 35 foot threes to even be in this game where our guys had superior athletic ability.

Vermont manufactured almost every point with coaching and ball movement.

Anderson got taken to the woodshed. This is one of the most lopsided coaching performances you will ever see.

Where are all the Mullin plays streetball guys now? Wtf does Anderson plays? Bad streetball. Our next effective offensive set will be our first.
You are proving yourself quite the troll dare I say jackass. Your complete bias and hatred toward CMA no doubt bolstered in part by the fact that many posters on here like and respect him as a coach lends any of your ill considered opinions totally dismissible.

Foad

« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2019, 07:40:09 PM »
It's historic for them but just another loss for us.  Worst loss in SJU history....Mullin team to Niagara in the mideighties

Neither this game nor that game is vaguely close to the worst loss in SJ history.

« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2019, 07:42:49 PM »
I don't support trolling.

Are you sure about that?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:43:05 PM by mjdinkins »

Foad

« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »

Yes. They beat seven seed Syracuse in the NCAA tournament in 1995.

« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »
Are you sure about that?

Nice to see you

« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2019, 08:15:11 PM »
You are proving yourself quite the troll dare I say jackass. Your complete bias and hatred toward CMA no doubt bolstered in part by the fact that many posters on here like and respect him as a coach lends any of your ill considered opinions totally dismissible.

I completely agree.  No one here thinks mike anderson is a great coach, but all things considered, it was a good get for us.  Who did u want?  Porter Moser??

At this point, hes our coach for at least 3 years so whats the point of whining about him in every post? 

Lets get behind him for at least 2 years and then if we dont see big improvement, we can start the b!tchfest.

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2019, 08:18:15 PM »
I completely agree.  No one here thinks mike anderson is a great coach, but all things considered, it was a good get for us.  Who did u want?  Porter Moser??

At this point, hes our coach for at least 3 years so whats the point of whining about him in every post? 

Lets get behind him for at least 2 years and then if we dont see big improvement, we can start the b!tchfest.

Isn't the selling point on Anderson the fact that he is a great coach?