Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)

• 365 replies

Foad

Re: Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »
My dad is about your age (69). Sometimes I try to  imagine him sitting on a computer writing nasty messages from a made up persona “fxck off and die”. Then I just can’t. His name is Pete. He would find it just ridiculous to have people know him as foad. My dad does like baseball and at times likes to talk about it. But he wouldn’t understand why a person his age would want to be a tough guy on the internet. But you be you.
I occasionally find your little blog funny. But only when you mention me. Your analysis is almost always wrong because you are so biased.
My spelling sadly is getting worse. The only time I write anything is on my phone. Nothing i type on my phone is that important. I am ok with it.

Of course slingblade, you spelled cupboard "cupard" for two years because you type on your phone and not because you're functionally illiterate. Regarding your intense powers of deduction, I turned 60 two months ago, which was a trip because my liver died in 2006. I've never thought about good old Pete sitting on a computer if for no other reason than the logistics but I'm happy he's doing well at his advanced age even though the only notable thing about him is that he has weak sperm and you're lucky he doesn't live in Vermont. Whereas mine is terrifically powerful and by all accounts tastes delicious, but then I eat a lot of papayas.

« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2019, 06:09:53 PM »
Yeah it was so important to management that as Tony likes to say he was shit canned.
Like St. John's management has never made mistakes regarding coaches?

Allow me to make a quick list off the top of my head (others feel free to add on):

1) Forcing retirement due to age (I don't even think it's legal anymore) on Joe Lapchick costing us Lew Alcindor. We probably never have or will recover from this epic blunder.

2) Firing Fran Frischilla because he exposed his genitalia and entertained other offers.

3) Firing Jarvis midseason directly leading to the Steel City Sexcapade.

4) Firing Hollywood after a highly successful (for us) five seasons and coming off an Ncaa bid year.

5) Letting Mullin go coming off an Ncaa bid season.

I'm sure there have been others.

Marillac

« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2019, 06:29:26 PM »
True. But Anderson got another job. Imagine if the providence job opened and someone suggested Chris mullin. Their  fans would riot. Besides you and a few old timers on here the entire basketball world looks at him as a joke.

Lol Who has ever left St. John’s and got a job remotely close to Providence?! You’d have a better chance jumping off the Grand Canyon and undertaking an Iron Man Triathlon career than surviving coaching at St. John’s with a coaching career after.

That was a good one.

Marillac

« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2019, 06:37:55 PM »
My dad is about your age (69). Sometimes I try to  imagine him sitting on a computer writing nasty messages from a made up persona “fxck off and die”. Then I just can’t. His name is Pete. He would find it just ridiculous to have people know him as foad. My dad does like baseball and at times likes to talk about it. But he wouldn’t understand why a person his age would want to be a tough guy on the internet. But you be you.
I occasionally find your little blog funny. But only when you mention me. Your analysis is almost always wrong because you are so biased.
My spelling sadly is getting worse. The only time I write anything is on my phone. Nothing i type on my phone is that important. I am ok with it.

I’m curious where did Pete go wrong. If not on sports forums, where was he spending his time? It’s obvious he wasn’t helping you with your studies.

You must have had a sibling he strongly preferred over you. Pete Jr. perhaps?

TONYD3

« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »
Of course slingblade, you spelled cupboard "cupard" for two years because you type on your phone and not because you're functionally illiterate. Regarding your intense powers of deduction, I turned 60 two months ago, which was a trip because my liver died in 2006. I've never thought about good old Pete sitting on a computer if for no other reason than the logistics but I'm happy he's doing well at his advanced age even though the only notable thing about him is that he has weak sperm and you're lucky he doesn't live in Vermont. Whereas mine is terrifically powerful and by all accounts tastes delicious, but then I eat a lot of papayas.
60? Thought you were older. You seem older. I hope you get on the Anderson train. I want you to get that last big hard on, you deserve it.
Back to basketball. Don’t worry about shot selection and defensive sliding. Coach Mullin didn’t worry about it. Look how great he did.

TONYD3

« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2019, 06:48:56 PM »
I’m curious where did Pete go wrong. If not on sports forums, where was he spending his time? It’s obvious he wasn’t helping you with your studies.

You must have had a sibling he strongly preferred over you. Pete Jr. perhaps?
Tell us again how 25 games under .500 in the big east makes Chris mullin a below average coach. What if he was only 10 games below .500? Tell us why bowling green is a quality win and Vermont is the worst loss in school history? How did last years staff get better with age? Tell us professor
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:50:47 PM by TONYD3 »

Foad

« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2019, 07:05:34 PM »
60? Thought you were older. You seem older.

Exactly slingblade, I'm smarter than my years. If you weren't dumber than yours you'd have realized that.

I want you to get that last big hard on

Yes I know, asked and answered, you often post about your fascination with my throbbing blood engorged man meat. I'd ask what you imagine me doing with it but this is a family forum.

Marillac

« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2019, 08:13:52 PM »
Tell us again how 25 games under .500 in the big east makes Chris mullin a below average coach. What if he was only 10 games below .500? Tell us why bowling green is a quality win and Vermont is the worst loss in school history? How did last years staff get better with age? Tell us professor

I get it now. Pete liked Mullin and Pete Jr. more. Now you lash out irrationally when you think someone likes Mullin as well because it’s easier than telling Big Pete you are jealous of his relationship with your brother. Tell him over Thanksgiving, sport.

If it backfires then just tell the whole house you’ve been flirting with an older guy online and been promising him a hard on for a year. Burn that bitch down. This is Thanksgiving Tony finally gets the attention he deserves...one way or another!

SJUFAN

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2019, 01:09:46 AM »

That same team with pre season BE player of the year candidate Ponds and Defensive player of the year in Simon finished as one of only 4 BE teams to qualify for the Ncaa tournament. You must be omitting other very positive aspects of the season.  As you know if not for the ever rare "clockgate" scandal, we finish 3rd I believe.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle. He finished in 7th place. That doesn’t change his moment of glory as a St. John’s Men’s basketball Coach. Leading us to one post season tournament in 4 years....a play in game to boot.

Two outstanding talents selected as 2nd team All-BE candidates and a couple of others that look pretty good. Compared to what Mullin started with we look like Tark's UNLV.

The same two talents who finished in 7th place last year with a better supporting cast. What Mullin inherited his first year is not relevant.

If was still here we would have been picked to finish much higher.

You mean after he demonstrated his ability to brilliantly navigate the most talented roster in the BE to a 7th place finish?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:25:43 AM by SJUFAN »

Tha Kid

« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2019, 06:00:09 AM »
Oh man can we stop the mullin discussion?

Amazing johnny.  Hall of fame basketball player. Made an NCAA tourney as coach. 

But let’s not start comparing coaching chops.  Does no one here good as he is and should be forever revered...allow all of us to overlook, whether consciously or not, all of his many shortcomings as coach.  And that’s the last I hope to ever have to criticize him.
"I drink and I know things"

TONYD3

« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2019, 08:04:23 AM »
Exactly slingblade, I'm smarter than my years. If you weren't dumber than yours you'd have realized that.

Yes I know, asked and answered, you often post about your fascination with my throbbing blood engorged man meat. I'd ask what you imagine me doing with it but this is a family forum.
I have used to age thing like 4 times already. You say I don’t get to you. But it’s kind of easy. In a few months if I suggest that you are 70 or 80. Remember I really know how old you are. Even if you were 70 years old, who cares?
Just wondering how come shot selection didn’t get mentioned in your previous 100 blogs? If you didn’t notice it before, maybe you are senile
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:06:59 AM by TONYD3 »

Poison

« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2019, 08:35:02 AM »
Big test for UVM tonight. They play at Virginia.

TONYD3

« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2019, 10:49:34 AM »
Big test for UVM tonight. They play at Virginia.
Going to Mohegan this weekend. Not sure I want to see us play Virginia. They completely shut Syracuse down last week.
Side note Vermont is 2 places ahead of Arizona state according to ken Pom

Poison

« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2019, 11:09:40 AM »
Going to Mohegan this weekend. Not sure I want to see us play Virginia. They completely shut Syracuse down last week.
Side note Vermont is 2 places ahead of Arizona state according to ken Pom

We need UVM to have a good showing. Virginia plays the best defense in the country. That, is 40 minutes of hell.

goredmen

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »
We need UVM to have a good showing. Virginia plays the best defense in the country. That, is 40 minutes of hell.

What exactly do we need UVM to have a good showing for?

Marillac

« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2019, 01:16:08 PM »
That, is 40 minutes of hell.

40 minutes of hell is reading posts about how Anderson is so amazing and Mullin is so horrible when they are two wins apart as coaches with the exact same roster.

« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »
40 minutes of hell is reading posts about how Anderson is so amazing and Mullin is so horrible when they are two wins apart as coaches with the exact same roster.

Awesome pointing at things that are unprovable to help prove a point.

Let’s say you’re right and anderson got us 2 more wins last year. Would that not have been significant in a 30 game college basketball season? Probably a 7 seed.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »
Anderson don't draw up plays, his defense has a lot of holes against a well coach experienced team, Anderson needs superior athletes to win, getting beat by Vermont is a indication of how the season will go, was hoping this team was better than that.

Marillac

« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2019, 02:16:28 PM »
Awesome pointing at things that are unprovable to help prove a point.

Let’s say you’re right and anderson got us 2 more wins last year. Would that not have been significant in a 30 game college basketball season? Probably a 7 seed.

How many things are “provable” on sports forums? Essentially nothing.

The difference between Mullin and Anderson is a relatively small one. My issue — and the motivation behind my nonstop trolling lately — is how ridiculous and irrational the Anderson supporters are. He’s not Pete Carril. He’s never been known as an Xs and Os guy. In fact, it’s always been quite the oppsite. He tries to make games ugly and frenetic.

He’s a good coach. He’s got a philosophy I can get behind. He has the benefit of decades of coaching experience that our last coach didn’t. But he’s flawed. He was just fired. Our fans can’t do middle ground, though. We have a messiah complex as a fan base.

« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2019, 02:25:26 PM »
How many things are “provable” on sports forums? Essentially nothing.

You’ve made a career out of it ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.