• 286 replies
West Virginia Game Discussion
« on: December 03, 2019, 10:48:21 PM »
Lets get it going
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

jsk

Re: West Virginia Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 11:42:55 PM »
This will be a good match to show where we are at this point. Hopefully we learn from the St Peter’s game. Put on the work boots and leave the flip flops at home!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 11:51:05 PM »
MSG Beer something like $13 for a BPA which means mjmaherjr will be minus $39.

Take that to the bank and bet it

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:18:43 AM »
MSG Beer something like $13 for a BPA which means mjmaherjr will be minus $39.

Take that to the bank and bet it
They could at least throw in the pretzel stick.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 07:42:07 AM »
Biggest game of the yesr and the toughest oppnent we will have played so far.

Im interested to see the substitutions as a lot of guys minutes will be cut way back.

This will give us a good idea of where this team is at.

wpc77

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:46:27 AM »
Wish we had steere for this game.  Roberts and Champagnie will need to shine on D and in rebounding against their front line

Johnny23

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »
Wish we had steere for this game.  Roberts and Champagnie will need to shine on D and in rebounding against their front line

No doubt. WVU is a physical and improved team. I don't see us winning this one but just want to see some good fight and progression.

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »
No doubt. WVU is a physical and improved team. I don't see us winning this one but just want to see some good fight and progression.
I am so tired of losing. I really want to win this game.

Johnny23

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 11:05:03 AM »
I am so tired of losing. I really want to win this game.

Would be a nice holiday surprise. Don't see it but would be sweet. Also for some of those saying (not you) that it's a good test, I agree with that but I also think it's too early to truly give a fair assessment of our squad. I think we need to reserve that report card until late January-early Feb. It's still too early with Anderson implementing a new system. It takes time.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
I really wanted St. John's to recruit Emmitt Matthews on WVU. He was looking for an offer and didn't have much interest at the time and his Dad is from Queens and still has family here. We could have had him if we pursued.

Staff thought we had too many guys between Simon, Heron, LJ, Clark. I would have chased Trimble out or not taken Eli Wright in a heartbeat.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 01:34:00 PM »
I really wanted St. John's to recruit Emmitt Matthews on WVU. He was looking for an offer and didn't have much interest at the time and his Dad is from Queens and still has family here. We could have had him if we pursued.

Staff thought we had too many guys between Simon, Heron, LJ, Clark. I would have chased Trimble out or not taken Eli Wright in a heartbeat.
I wish Chris mullin or anyone from his staff would write a book one day. I would love to hear their perspective on went on here. I have no idea who emmitt Mathews is but I would bet my life he is better then brian Trimble.

QuanMan

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 01:58:28 PM »
We need this win in the worst way. This team plays hard, tough and is in tip top shape yet the fan base is asleep and the lackluster schedule has rewarded their efforts with little appreciation. I know last night was St. Peter's on a Tuesday but being in the stands it was apparent the crowd was noticeably bad. This would give the season the jolt needed to spark both the team and the fanbase.

Just saw last night's attendance was the lowest since 2008.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:03:31 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »
WV by 14.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 03:18:25 PM »
I wish Chris mullin or anyone from his staff would write a book one day. I would love to hear their perspective on went on here. I have no idea who emmitt Mathews is but I would bet my life he is better then brian Trimble.

Missing out on local talent is nothing new. It’s certainly not something Mullin owns. In my lifetime, only Lou and Fran landed NY talent.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »

We gotta beat WVU. Beating all the light weights, but losing to all the p5, vermont games, would be crappy to me.

If that happens, then that probably continues in big east play.

Beat WVU some way, some how, and get confidence that we could beat a p5 team.
Then beat Brown, and Albany (are they as good as Vermont? I know they made the ncaa tourny recently.), that's 10-2. Getting steers back for Albany and will have him vs. Arizona.
If we beat them somehow (but Heron can't be a no show), our confidence will be through the roof. With confidence anything can happen.

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 07:05:39 PM »
We gotta beat WVU. Beating all the light weights, but losing to all the p5, vermont games, would be crappy to me.

If that happens, then that probably continues in big east play.

Beat WVU some way, some how, and get confidence that we could beat a p5 team.
Then beat Brown, and Albany (are they as good as Vermont? I know they made the ncaa tourny recently.), that's 10-2. Getting steers back for Albany and will have him vs. Arizona.
If we beat them somehow (but Heron can't be a no show), our confidence will be through the roof. With confidence anything can happen.

Albany must of had a ton of guys graduate.  They were good but this year have already lost to lehigh, quinnipiac snd manhattan.  We should kill them.

It looks like wvu and az will be our only tough oponents b4 big east play opens.  If we win 1 of those 2 games id be thrilled.  We will be underdogs in both.

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 08:43:23 PM »
Missing out on local talent is nothing new. It’s certainly not something Mullin owns. In my lifetime, only Lou and Fran landed NY talent.

Will never have an Ernie Lorch / Riverside Church type pipeline again.   

wpc77

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 10:40:31 PM »

"Ernie Lorch" and "pipe". Yuk.

goredmen

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:18 PM »
Thinking we'll be dogs by about a FG

Poison

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 11:26:03 PM »

I don’t think we’re off to a bad start. We have two local recruits for next season, and we may already have the biggest sleeper in the city.

Champagnie is as good as any freshman we’ve had since the Jarvis years.