Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings

• 178 replies

QuanMan

Re: Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 09:17:03 AM »
It would be disappointing if the students can't even come out for the season opener. I remember being at the Butler game Shamorie's freshman year, and the kid was terrific that night. Place felt packed. That was the best game they played all season.

New Year's Eve @730 is brutal for everyone. Students won't be on campus.

If we split Arizona (neutral)/Butler/@X/@GTown and are 12-4 it would be tremendous.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
New Year's Eve @730 is brutal for everyone. Students won't be on campus.

If we split Arizona (neutral)/Butler/@X/@GTown and are 12-4 it would be tremendous.

Im flying up to go to the nye game.  What a way to ring in the new year.  I think its going to be packed at carnesseca.  The place will be rockin!

SJUFAN

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 01:43:28 PM »
If the source you cited was not credible and credibility doesn't matter anyway why'd you bother citing it or anything else for that matter.

Credibility doesn’t matter with respect to the point I’m trying to make so I don’t want to get caught up in that debate. I do believe the source, however bias they may be, to be credible enough to support my position that the roster gifted to coach is considered essentially a last place roster.

If it makes people feel better stating Coach was left a second to last place roster I’ll compromise.

Foad

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 04:11:06 PM »
Credibility doesn’t matter with respect to the point I’m trying to make so I don’t want to get caught up in that debate. I do believe the source, however bias they may be, to be credible enough to support my position that the roster gifted to coach is considered essentially a last place roster.

If it makes people feel better stating Coach was left a second to last place roster I’ll compromise.

I willing to not belabor the point except to note that your explanation - that SJ was picked last because the roster that isn’t commanding glowing reviews - isn't the only explanation for why they're picked last. It seems to me a more reasonable explanation is that a new staff led by a coach whose last eight years are nowhere near as compelling as his first nine is installing a new system with a bunch of new players at a school that has a history of failure in a conference that has a bunch of coaches who've been consistently successful.

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »
I think its going to be packed at carnesseca.   
Not. It will be eerily empty like every other game thus far. 

Where have all the people gone, long time passing?

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 10:37:49 AM »
Not. It will be eerily empty like every other game thus far. 

Where have all the people gone, long time passing?
Carmine is right. The place won’t be crowded. If ponds came back for his senior year and were undefeated CA would be sold out.
We need to win some games. LJ and heron need to be stars. Fans will come.
Their is a small part of me that wished coach Mullin came back. This year would have gotten embarrassing. And he deserved that.

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2019, 12:39:49 PM »
A top 20 team in the country is coming in.  You dont think that will fill the seats?

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »
A top 20 team in the country is coming in.  You dont think that will fill the seats?
Don’t know what CA was like in the 80’s. But alumni hall is not our hinkle field house. It’s a dump. Everything about the experience kind of sucks. In the last 25 years we have played like 15 decent games there where their was actually a sellout. Mullin played the most. And he lost the most.
NY fans don’t know where or who butler is. That’s why the game is being played on campus. Fans will start coming. But need to win that game.

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 03:23:23 PM »
Don’t know what CA was like in the 80’s. But alumni hall is not our hinkle field house. It’s a dump. Everything about the experience kind of sucks. In the last 25 years we have played like 15 decent games there where their was actually a sellout. Mullin played the most. And he lost the most.
NY fans don’t know where or who butler is. That’s why the game is being played on campus. Fans will start coming. But need to win that game.

Come on.  Fans know who butler is.  It was scheduled on campus because butler was not supposed to be good.  Now that they are a top 20 team, you are getting a chance to see a real good game in an intimate enviorment.

The place will be jumping nye.  Im excitd.

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2019, 03:44:43 PM »
Come on.  Fans know who butler is.  It was scheduled on campus because butler was not supposed to be good.  Now that they are a top 20 team, you are getting a chance to see a real good game in an intimate enviorment.

Not trying to burst your bubble. It will be a fun game. I am not expecting a sellout.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »
Not trying to burst your bubble. It will be a fun game. I am not expecting a sellout.

Vermont was packed. Why wouldn’t this game be?

TONYD3

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
I am just going by my experience. Hope it is. No one with a girlfriend or a wife is going New Year’s Eve.
I cant wait for big east play. Been waiting for 4 years. If I am not working I will be there.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:07:43 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2019, 07:18:47 PM »
I am just going by my experience. Hope it is. No one with a girlfriend or a wife is going New Year’s Eve.
I cant wait for big east play. Been waiting for 4 years. If I am not working I will be there.

You will be out of there by 9:30pm.  NYE doesnt start till 11.

Foad

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2019, 07:21:36 PM »
Vermont was packed.

Attendance: 4,054 = packed. Thank goodness they didn't drag out people in offensive sweatshirts.

Poison

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2019, 07:39:07 PM »
Attendance: 4,054 = packed. Thank goodness they didn't drag out people in offensive sweatshirts.

How do you know they didn’t? You know Foad, the we will not replace you bit is amusing to the people who have replaced some old, useless white stiff.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:40:40 PM by Poison »

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »
Wasn't packed.  I went to that one.

HKD

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »

Well Phish takes over MSG for nights around NYE including that night so that game was going to be on campus.  Posted in another thread... but loved the old field house for my first game there. 

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »
Have a gander douche
https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Article/2019-2020-Big-East-Preseason-Rankings-137132736/

Congratulations on officially being recognized in the double-digit IQ section of the forum with Poison and Tony D. Your stuipidity knows no bounds.

Did you just cite to an article by one random guy who describes it as “one man’s stab at how the Big East will shake out” to back up your false claim? Hahahahahaha wow. Ho-lyyyyyy sh-iiii—tttt.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:34:40 PM by Marillac »

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »
And it's shit like this that makes you one of the biggest ***holes I've never met. It's ALWAYS a rebuilding year with a new coach, nice person, especially when the previous coach did nothing to prepare them for anyone who would follow him. Some rebuilds take less time depending on who is left and who the coach coming in is, but it's always a rebuild, douche.

You sound like a pleasant fella.

My favorite rebuild was the Elite Eight Eight team in 1998-99.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2019, 08:28:54 PM »
Well Phish takes over MSG for nights around NYE including that night so that game was going to be on campus.  Posted in another thread... but loved the old field house for my first game there.

Phish is still doing that?  They were doing that in the mid 90s when i was in high school.

Hysterical.