Albany Great Danes game thread

• 118 replies

Marillac

Re: Albany Great Danes game thread
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
Caraher is needed to fill the scoring void Heron’s absence creates. Dunn can’t be tasked with scoring 20...he’s far too inefficient. It has to come from Caraher and Williams with some cheap baskets from the forwards.

Poison

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2019, 04:26:37 PM »
I got a fever.  And the only perscription is more earlington.

Exactly.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »
If heron is out on Saturday, we need to put the best 5 out there from the tip. 

Dunn, figgy, penny, duke and roberts.

Thats the 5 that needs to start and play the majority of the minutes.  This is real basketball now.  AZ is big and we need to counter w/ our big lineup.

I like that line up, but I wonder if Rutherford’s defense on their star guard will be our best approach?

I don’t like him shooting threes in the first half last night, but there were times when his defense was making Albany nuts. West Virginia, too. He is not going to hit threes for us, or pop 12 footers very often, or we are in big trouble.

Still, I think we’ll see Dunn and LJ in the backcourt at times. I like them better handling the ball than Williams right now, but that may change soon.

Poison

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »
Caraher is needed to fill the scoring void Heron’s absence creates. Dunn can’t be tasked with scoring 20...he’s far too inefficient. It has to come from Caraher and Williams with some cheap baskets from the forwards.

Caraher can’t guard anyone.

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »

Correct.  The kid can shoot and has some offensive game, but he cant guard a 2 or 3 especially a 2 or 3 from AZ.  I cant see him playing much Saturday night.

Not athletic or quick enough.

Marillac

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2019, 06:07:46 PM »

I don’t think he’s a total liability. He’s a smart kid with good strength. I like him as a player.

TONYD3

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »
I don’t think he’s a total liability. He’s a smart kid with good strength. I like him as a player.
He is better then Freddy Lyson. Much better then max, Marco, or the German. But he can’t guard anyone. Don’t think he plays during conference play.

« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2019, 06:25:43 PM »
He is better then Freddy Lyson. Much better then max, Marco, or the German. But he can’t guard anyone. Don’t think he plays during conference play.

Freddy Lyson???  Hahahahaha.  Wasnt that the kid from seaford?

One of long island finest.

TONYD3

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
Freddy Lyson???  Hahahahaha.  Wasnt that the kid from seaford?

One of long island finest.
Oceanside. I liked him because he was from Long Island.

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2019, 06:36:02 PM »
Oceanside. I liked him because he was from Long Island.

Thats right, Oceanside.  I liked him too for the same reason.  Ive been in Florida for 20 years now.  Who is the last really good player to come out of long island public school??  Wally szaerbiak?

TONYD3

« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2019, 06:42:43 PM »
Thats right, Oceanside.  I liked him too for the same reason.  Ive been in Florida for 20 years now.  Who is the last really good player to come out of long island public school??  Wally szaerbiak?
Long Island schools are sending players division 1 regularly. None as good as wally

Foad

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2019, 06:49:42 PM »
The kid can shoot

Yeah, 29 percent from three, dead on balls accurate shooter.

Poison

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »
To Caraher’s credit, he made more than one hustle play on d last night.

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
St John's was much the better athletes last night, I fear Arizona will exploit the holes in the johnnies defense, especially the corner 3 ball that is the Achilles heel on all of Anderson's defensive teams. Best of luck an hope its a win for the red men

TONYD3

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2019, 07:33:29 PM »
Yeah, 29 percent from three, dead on balls accurate shooter.
Sample size is so small if hit one more 3, you would have said nothing. Great post!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:41:59 PM by TONYD3 »

Marillac

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2019, 07:45:09 PM »

Lyson was a pure shooter. Caraher can do it all on offense. The ball moves faster off his touches than anyone else. I think he’ll adjust to the speed of this level in time.

Foad

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »
Sample size is so small if hit one more 3, you would have said nothing. Great post!

Wrong slingblade. You should go back and read the response to your last post about sample size, where I explained how the math works in excruciating detail using small words that even you could understand. If Cadaver had hit one more three he'd be shooting 32 or 33 percent depending upon what one more three meant, which is not evidence that "the kid can shoot." Other than the fact that he's white there's no evidence he can shoot threes at a mid major level.

Poison

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2019, 05:08:17 AM »
Wrong slingblade. You should go back and read the response to your last post about sample size, where I explained how the math works in excruciating detail using small words that even you could understand. If Cadaver had hit one more three he'd be shooting 32 or 33 percent depending upon what one more three meant, which is not evidence that "the kid can shoot." Other than the fact that he's white there's no evidence he can shoot threes at a mid major level.

Caraher shot the 3 pretty well as a freshman. I think he needs more time to adjust, and his percentage will go up. I actually prefer him playing inside.

ras

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2019, 11:33:56 AM »
I think playing Figgy as point forward w Williams and and Dunn at guards would be helpful at times. The problem  w playing Caraher at guard is I don’t think he could defend the position.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:35:58 AM by ras »

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »
I think playing Figgy as point forward w Williams and and Dunn at guards would be helpful at times.

I like it!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.