Arizona Game Discussion

• 236 replies

Poison

Re: Arizona Game Discussion
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2019, 12:31:36 AM »
And Sean Miller. St.John’s haunts him still.

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2019, 12:31:37 AM »
It’s personal between me and Bill, but happy about the win!

TONYD3

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »
This is such an unfamiliar feeling as a St.John’s fan. We haven’t won these games often.
Just the beginning. Their was no curse here

TONYD3

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
Ok. Fxck him

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2019, 12:35:00 AM »
And whether they win or lose, they are so fun to watch...love the 10 man rotation....

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2019, 12:42:36 AM »
Nice team effort! Traveled to west coast and leave with a big WIN!

Marillac

« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »
Uh...LJ is a better defender as well.

That is false. LJ is better at getting steals but Heron is light years better on the ball. Anderson had Dunn guarding the SF from Vermont because he was killing LJ.

Heron can cover four positions well. LJ is the better offensive player.

goredmen

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2019, 12:51:54 AM »
Pretty wild to win a game like that shooting 40% from 2 and 15% from 3. We attempted 12 more FGs and 2 more FTs than them. That's pretty crazy considering they have a lottery big and a lottery PG. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 12:52:07 AM by goredmen »

TONYD3

« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2019, 12:54:44 AM »
Pretty wild to win a game like that shooting 40% from 2 and 15% from 3. We attempted 12 more FGs and 2 more FTs than them. That's pretty crazy considering they have a lottery big and a lottery PG. 
Defense and toughness!

« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
Ok your right. LJ is the best player. Not arguing. I like heron also

I think Heron is a better Pippen while LJ can play the role of MJ.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2019, 01:01:02 AM »
That is false. LJ is better at getting steals but Heron is light years better on the ball. Anderson had Dunn guarding the SF from Vermont because he was killing LJ.

Heron was getting beat by Lamb. I think LJ is the better all around defender. His ball pressure and deflections are just on a different level than Heron. Better rebounder. Better passer. Smarter player.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2019, 01:01:25 AM »
Crazy that Nick Rutherford's best two games this season have been against WVU and Arizona. There is literally no reasonable explanation for this but hell I'll take it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2019, 01:02:41 AM »

He is in love with Arizona basketball, but he’s gotta be on a lot of drugs. What the hell is he talking about?

Poison

« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »
Crazy that Nick Rutherford's best two games this season have been against WVU and Arizona. There is literally no reasonable explanation for this but hell I'll take it.

I gave you one possible explanation for success before ever seeing him play. He’s a 5th year senior. He’s grown. Frankly, we haven’t had many seniors recently. It explains a recent lack of leadership.

TONYD3

« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2019, 01:05:40 AM »
Heron was getting beat by Lamb. I think LJ is the better all around defender. His ball pressure and deflections are just on a different level than Heron. Better rebounder. Better passer. Smarter player.
Don’t agree. But certainly don’t want to argue. Wish heron got to play tonight. But happy we won without him. LJ was awesome. Let’s go!

TONYD3

« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2019, 01:07:21 AM »
I gave you one possible explanation for success before ever seeing him play. He’s a 5th year senior. He’s grown. Frankly, we haven’t had many seniors recently. It explains a recent lack of leadership.
And maybe he isn’t as bad as everyone around here says. Not saying he is all league. But Definitely looks like he can be Malik boothe. We don’t win tonight without him.

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2019, 01:07:44 AM »
 I don't know the behind the scenes chatter on recruiting, how other programs view these kids, whether other staffs were "laughing at us" as stated before the year, who we could have reasonably gotten to fill out the roster or the like. 

But I do know that we have a good coach, respected by his peers, who seems to know what he's doing in how to actually coach a college team, even one that has all sorts of holes and imperfections in year 1.  And that's refreshing.  This W was gratifying on so many levels.

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2019, 01:16:28 AM »
I don't know the behind the scenes chatter on recruiting, how other programs view these kids, whether other staffs were "laughing at us" as stated before the year, who we could have reasonably gotten to fill out the roster or the like. 

But I do know that we have a good coach, respected by his peers, who seems to know what he's doing in how to actually coach a college team, even one that has all sorts of holes and imperfections in year 1.  And that's refreshing.  This W was gratifying on so many levels.

Great post!

goredmen

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2019, 01:42:06 AM »
Kinda weird our 3 close games this season have had almost identical scores. 70-68, 70-68 and 70-67. First to 70 wins I guess

« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2019, 01:46:20 AM »

It's not really even debatable...but ok. LJ is better on both sides of the ball and it's not close.

Being better at steals as well as blocked shots as well as rebounding are all part of being a better overall defender. On-ball defense I still give the edge to LJ.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:50:47 AM by redstorm212 »