Arizona Game Discussion

• 236 replies
Re: Arizona Game Discussion
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2019, 03:13:15 PM »
He's been awful every other game. It's an amazing anomaly he's played above his average against best teams.

Wtf are you talking about?  Awful is such a stretch
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2019, 03:17:33 PM »
Wtf are you talking about?  Awful is such a stretch

I am not a Rutherford guy at all, but I have to agree with you here. He’s played well in at least half the games.

He is an emotional player which I like. His skill set is gross but he’s fiery.

« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2019, 03:26:28 PM »
I am not a Rutherford guy at all, but I have to agree with you here. He’s played well in at least half the games.

He is an emotional player which I like. His skill set is gross but he’s fiery.

Agree pretty much all around. He’s certainly not great or even good. But saying he’s been awful all year shows a complete lack of appreciation for anything other than scoring the ball.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2019, 03:34:34 PM »
He's been awful every other game. It's an amazing anomaly he's played above his average against best teams.

He may be awful, but he’s not afraid to take the last shot. It’s clear Anderson wants the ball going to the basket in late game situations. Neither LJ or Heron is capable of doing that. This is why we’ll see Rutherford or Dunn taking these last shots.

Marillac

« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
He may be awful, but he’s not afraid to take the last shot. It’s clear Anderson wants the ball going to the basket in late game situations. Neither LJ or Heron is capable of doing that. This is why we’ll see Rutherford or Dunn taking these last shots.

Dunn should take every last shot down one or two. I’ve never seen a kid with less of a conscience. He can go 0-10 and not hesitate for his 11th. Williams misses one or two and he double clutches his next shot.

Johnny23

« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Rutherford's shown up in the biggest games with some nice minutes. He's done his job for the most part. Solid.

« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
12-0 was a fraud. That’s what I thought at the time. We beat a bunch of cupcakes playing well in maybe 3 of those 12 games. The thought of coach lazy ass getting an extension made me sick to my stomach.
You know he was a fraud also. You tried hard to pump him up. Bowling green was not a good win. The people on this board that you convinced that it was are the ones you should call stupid.
Our current team has issues, because Anderson had to fix (rebuild) the team. We should have a better PG then Rutherford. That’s more on mullin then Anderson. Next year we will have 2 good PGs.
We have great fans. They just want to win. We are 11-2 with 2 very good out of conference wins and no bad losses. I have raised my expectations. I was hoping for the NIT bubble. Now I expect more.
I love the hire of Anderson and have said so from the beginning. However if LJ decides to quit tomorrow and we start the big east 0-11. I may change my opinion. But that’s not what I am expecting.
Our team can certainly go .500 in conference and that would put us on the bubble. With Anderson probably winning big east coach of the year. In my opinion that’s reasonable. If he doesn’t hit that mark it will be close. This is not a last place team.
Anderson is not the messiah. He is just a hard working capable basketball coach. We went from having by far the worst coach in conference to having one of the better ones. That’s not a 2 game a season difference. Our school and fans shouldn’t have to settle for almost ok to appease a bunch of senior citizens, (lazy ass was awful- 20-59 is not close to ok)

If you are still not enjoying this team and don’t see the positives and foundation for long term success I feel bad you.
The lack of appropriate, well earned and deserved respect that you and others of your ilk show for the Babe Ruth of the basketball program you purportedly love is a disgraceful embarrassment.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

ras

« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »
Dunn should take every last shot down one or two. I’ve never seen a kid with less of a conscience. He can go 0-10 and not hesitate for his 11th. Williams misses one or two and he double clutches his next shot.
I like Dunn, but he’s not efficient.

« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
I like Dunn, but he’s not efficient.
True, statistically, he has room for improvement. But, at the end of the game, he's like Dwight Hardy in that the ball has to be in his hands. The West Virginia game has to be the best ten seconds to end the game we've seen from one individual in a long time. He'll learn to dish more when he recognizes 1-3 drives.
Dunn is the type of player CMA talks about; tough, hustler, competitive.

SJUFAN

« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2019, 06:45:28 PM »
The lack of appropriate, well earned and deserved respect that you and others of your ilk show for the Babe Ruth of the basketball program you purportedly love is a disgraceful embarrassment.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

You speak of respect, how about you start showing our current coach some and stop referring to him as CFC? He should have been the first choice. We are lucky to have landed him.

« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »
You speak of respect, how about you start showing our current coach some and stop referring to him as CFC? 
Why? "CFC" is not disrespectful at all.  It's factual and neutral.  I'm infamous around here for referring to coaches and players by bad nicknames and have been doing it for many years. I've called him "the Razorback" as much as I've used "CFC".  Is that disrespectful too?

You're projecting your caveman, "Anderson good...Mullin bad" one way or the other backwards thinking onto my posts where it's not applicable.  I have said nary one negative word about him since he's been hired.

Mullin was my coach and I supported him.  Anderson is my coach and I support him. If CFC has the misfortune to qualify for the Ncaa tournament I'll support the next coach the same way.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:44:22 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2019, 08:41:50 PM »
Greatest player in school history. Calling him coach lazy ass is being unduly complementary.

« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »
Greatest player in school history. Calling him coach lazy ass is being unduly complementary.
I think you need to buy a dictionary and look up the word "complementary".  I'm quite sure it means something different than you think it does.

« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »
I think you need to buy a dictionary and look up the word "complementary".  I'm quite sure it means something different than you think it does.
Much more evolved than that, I use Siri. Perhaps you can look up sarcasm in your dictionary.

« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2019, 09:49:25 PM »
You speak of respect, how about you start showing our current coach some and stop referring to him as CFC? He should have been the first choice. We are lucky to have landed him.
Trust me on this and this comes from someone who got beyond pissed the first time Mullin sat on the scorers table. I've met Carmine. Met him at BEB party I'm pretty sure ( brain foggy back in the Norm years ) but definitely sat to his right on the Lavin Sly Fox Nova trip plus have seen him at games after. Carmine is most definitely a FAN. He might love Mullin but no matter who the coach is he will get on board at some point and he never roots against a coach. Well Norm I forget but that was like year 4 or 5 and Norms own mom said he sucked I think at the party :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:50:31 PM by mjmaherjr »

cjfish

« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »

Very lucky. We are the graveyard of coaching careers

« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2019, 10:12:25 PM »
Trust me on this and this comes from someone who got beyond pissed the first time Mullin sat on the scorers table. I've met Carmine. Met him at BEB party I'm pretty sure ( brain foggy back in the Norm years ) but definitely sat to his right on the Lavin Sly Fox Nova trip plus have seen him at games after. Carmine is most definitely a FAN. He might love Mullin but no matter who the coach is he will get on board at some point and he never roots against a coach. Well Norm I forget but that was like year 4 or 5 and Norms own mom said he sucked I think at the party :)
No doubt Carmine is a great guy he just needs to take down the Mullin posters from his bedroom walls. I'm sure the Mrs. would be appreciative.  :)

« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »
Much more evolved than that, I use Siri. Perhaps you can look up sarcasm in your dictionary.
What's this Siri you speak of? 

"the use of irony to mock or convey contempt."  I get it yet it has no place on a St. John's message board when it's aimed at the legend. Please take it to the Syracuse and Georgetown boards where it belongs.

« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »
No doubt Carmine is a great guy he just needs to take down the Mullin posters from his bedroom walls. I'm sure the Mrs. would be appreciative.  :)
No way! Mullin, Farah Fawcett and Dark Side of the Moon side by side forever.

« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »
We need another bus trip like that one of these days.