Arizona Game Discussion

• 236 replies
Re: Arizona Game Discussion
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2019, 11:03:03 PM »
We need another bus trip like that one of these days.
I think that might have been the last Sly Fox bus trip but oh man what a fun trip that was
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:03:31 PM by mjmaherjr »

TONYD3

« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
I was on that trip. I didn’t sit at game with you guys. I like sitting close. Great game. Nova fan for some reason wanted to fight me.

SJUFAN

« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
Why? "CFC" is not disrespectful at all.  It's factual and neutral.  I'm infamous around here for referring to coaches and players by bad nicknames and have been doing it for many years. I've called him "the Razorback" as much as I've used "CFC".  Is that disrespectful too?

You made up the nickname CFC if I’m not mistaken. How is that any different than Tony nickname of coach lazy ass since it’s factual you should be ok with it. Are you?

Marillac

« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2019, 11:35:14 PM »
You made up the nickname CFC if I’m not mistaken. How is that any different than Tony nickname of coach lazy ass since it’s factual you should be ok with it. Are you?

You don’t see the difference between “coach lazy ass”’ and coach fifth choice? Anderson jokes about it himself. Mullin was considered one of the hardest workers as a player and executive.

Everyone becomes lazy here in the eyes of the delusional faction of our base.

SJUFAN

« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2019, 12:20:11 AM »
You don’t see the difference between “coach lazy ass”’ and coach fifth choice? Anderson jokes about it himself. Mullin was considered one of the hardest workers as a player and executive.

Are we speaking about Mullin as a player or a executive? C’mon he didn’t run practices, he didn’t go out to recruit, there is nothing delusional about his time as our coach. The fact that posters always have to refer to his time as a player or executive to defend his time as our coach tells you all you need to know.

TONYD3

« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »

I was just as excited as everyone. I taped the press conference. I got to CA early, sat in the third row. Next to mulllin’s family. 1 row ahead of Matt’s wife. I still have pictures on my phone from the St. Thomas game. I heard about Slice for years. Was very excited he was with us also.
That lasted until the game started. Words can’t describe how bad it was. 3 statues and a kid stomping his feet. It was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw. Instead of Deangelo Harrison and dom pointer we had this shit. I kept quiet on this board for a few weeks.
I didn’t want to start a fight. (That’s probably unbelievable now)  After incarnate word, I completely had enough. It was obvious the hero wasn’t doing any coaching. Neither was slice. After 5 games I didn’t even see Matt cough.
You all know what happened next. 20-59. Which is worse then norm’s record. Under the circumstances it is actually better then I would have guessed. He was that bad. Whatever love some of you may have for him. I have equal hate. Lazy ass is way to nice of a name for him.
Factor in slice, Mitch, and St. Jean, how many losses did those men contribute to?

« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
No doubt Carmine is a great guy 
Mediocre at best.

« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2019, 10:54:57 AM »
Nova fan for some reason wanted to fight me.
Shocker.

« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2019, 11:02:57 AM »
Just pull out that dictionary again for a moment. Oh excuse me - call Siri.

Coach Fifth Choice - Three words that carry no negative connotation.

Coach lazy ass - We have two of the three words that have a negative connotation.

See the difference.  Plus, things with numbers like fifth ( or third or forth ) have numeric values and can easily be proven or disproven. Lazy ass is opinion, not factual and can't be proven or disproven.

TONYD3

« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »

Coach lazy ass - We have two of the three words that have a negative connotation.

See the difference.  Plus, things with numbers like fifth ( or third or forth ) have numeric values and can easily be proven or disproven. Lazy ass is opinion, not factual and can't be proven or disproven.
Correct I believe he was lazy, incompetent, arrogant, stupid, and that’s why he sucked. Those things can’t be proven.
20-59 proves he sucked. Worse then norm. One of the worst records in big east history. That can be proven. Google it.

SJUFAN

« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »

So your saying CFC isn’t negative? In what universe is telling someone they were someone’s fifth choice not meant to be negative? If you introduce your wife to someone and they say oh you know you’re “her fifth choice” how is that positive? Why point that out if not to be negative? Let’s not play any games. It’s said and meant in a negative connotation. Let’s show the coach who never had a loosing record the respect he has earned and stop referring to him in that way.

ras

« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »
I’m not as harsh as Tony. But the make up of the staff stunk. The fact that Mullin and Mitch spent most of the off season in Cali and were rarely seen at recruiting events, left a bad taste for many fans. Plus the optics of having an inexperienced St Jean do much of the in game coaching. Now contrast that w CMA, Stayed on campus during summer and had constant contact w players, recruits, runs practice, does in game coaching, develops players, stresses team bb, conditioning ,and maximum effect from players. Furthermore has a complete, experienced staff. Plus is developing relationships w local Hs and AAU coaches, something Mullin promised at press conference, but did not do.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 02:22:40 PM by ras »

cjfish

« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2019, 03:46:05 PM »
I’m not as harsh as Tony. But the make up of the staff stunk. The fact that Mullin and Mitch spent most of the off season in Cali and were rarely seen at recruiting events, left a bad taste for many fans. Plus the optics of having an inexperienced St Jean do much of the in game coaching. Now contrast that w CMA, Stayed on campus during summer and had constant contact w players, recruits, runs practice, does in game coaching, develops players, stresses team bb, conditioning ,and maximum effect from players. Furthermore has a complete, experienced staff. Plus is developing relationships w local Hs and AAU coaches, something Mullin promised at press conference, but did not do.

No comparison

« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2019, 10:43:57 PM »
20-59 proves he sucked. 
I agree that is not a good conference record. You would agree that he improved his teams record every single season he coached culminating in an Ncaa tournament appearance which is an outstanding achievement for any St. John's coach. He was a coaching star on the rise when he gallantly road off into the sunset like Roy Rodgers.

P.S. I don't know why he isn't coaching another team. Probably due to his loyalty to St. John's. Most likely the only place he ever wanted to coach.

« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2019, 10:46:23 PM »
So your saying CFC isn’t negative? 
That's exactly what I'm saying. He referred to himself as "husband third choice" regarding his wife's courtship.

If anything, it's a condemnation of the AD and St. John's brass. It's not a knock on the razorback at all. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:47:03 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Poison

« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2019, 11:25:24 PM »
I agree that is not a good conference record. You would agree that he improved his teams record every single season he coached culminating in an Ncaa tournament appearance which is an outstanding achievement for any St. John's coach. He was a coaching star on the rise when he gallantly road off into the sunset like Roy Rodgers.

P.S. I don't know why he isn't coaching another team. Probably due to his loyalty to St. John's. Most likely the only place he ever wanted to coach.

The most important detail in evaluating a coach is how the team is playing at the end of the season.

We’ve finished every season on fumes since the 1999-2000 season.

« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2019, 11:36:23 AM »
The most important detail in evaluating a coach is how the team is playing at the end of the season.

We’ve finished every season on fumes since the 1999-2000 season.
The most important detail in evaluating a coach is WHERE the team is playing at the end of the season.

TONYD3

« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
That's exactly what I'm saying. He referred to himself as "husband third choice" regarding his wife's courtship.

If anything, it's a condemnation of the AD and St. John's brass. It's not a knock on the razorback at all. 
You have no problem taking a shot at the AD. But not the hero. Can’t make it up

ras

« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2019, 12:27:31 PM »

I really don’t think Mullin liked coaching. He said he took the job because he was obligated to. The job is time consuming, stressful, took him away from his family and west coast friends. Recruiting involves kissing ass , not to mention competing w a bunch of cheaters. I think he’s happier now, then he was when he was coaching.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:28:47 PM by ras »

cjfish

« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
Merry Christmas to all