Arizona Game Discussion

• 236 replies

cjfish

Re: Arizona Game Discussion
« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2019, 01:17:01 PM »
I really don’t think Mullin liked coaching. He said he took the job because he was obligated to. The job is time consuming, stressful, took him away from his family and west coast friends. Recruiting involves kissing ass , not to mention competing w a bunch of cheaters. I think he’s happier now, then he was when he was coaching.

Sju is the graveyard of coaches and I’m sure he is done with coaching

« Reply #201 on: December 25, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »
You have no problem taking a shot at the AD. But not the hero. Can’t make it up
You really don't possess much of a grasp of the English language and it's usage and nuances. 

If it's a "shot" it's the most minor of shots and I use the phrase "if anything" at the beginning recognizing that it might not even be a condemnation and if it is, to temper it.

Poison

« Reply #202 on: December 25, 2019, 03:17:26 PM »
You really don't possess much of a grasp of the English language and it's usage and nuances. 

If it's a "shot" it's the most minor of shots and I use the phrase "if anything" at the beginning recognizing that it might not even be a condemnation and if it is, to temper it.

I think what Tony is annoyed about and I imagine others are as well, is seeing you defend a terrible coach while at the same time pick on a good one.

TONYD3

« Reply #203 on: December 25, 2019, 03:20:43 PM »
I think what Tony is annoyed about and I imagine others are as well, is seeing you defend a terrible coach while at the same time pick on a good one.
Yes

« Reply #204 on: December 25, 2019, 04:01:07 PM »
I was just as excited as everyone. I taped the press conference. I got to CA early, sat in the third row. Next to mulllin’s family. 1 row ahead of Matt’s wife. I still have pictures on my phone from the St. Thomas game. I heard about Slice for years. Was very excited he was with us also.
That lasted until the game started. Words can’t describe how bad it was. 3 statues and a kid stomping his feet. It was the most ridiculous thing I ever saw. Instead of Deangelo Harrison and dom pointer we had this shit. I kept quiet on this board for a few weeks.
I didn’t want to start a fight. (That’s probably unbelievable now)  After incarnate word, I completely had enough. It was obvious the hero wasn’t doing any coaching. Neither was slice. After 5 games I didn’t even see Matt cough.
You all know what happened next. 20-59. Which is worse then norm’s record. Under the circumstances it is actually better then I would have guessed. He was that bad. Whatever love some of you may have for him. I have equal hate. Lazy ass is way to nice of a name for him.
Factor in slice, Mitch, and St. Jean, how many losses did those men contribute to?

I might not agree with Tony on a lot but I cant ague with this because literally the first time I saw mUllin sit on a scorers table well especially the second time I pretty much knew what we were in for

Noe for people who want to say we improved over the 4 years I wont argue with that. It's my opinion we would have absolutely sucked this year and with the same exact roster as we have now CMA would absolutely run circles around Mullin till he started babbling like Walton. No question CMA works harder ( Mullin on record he preferred the Larry Bird model which in college is beyond stupid but Mullin would probably make a good nba coach or at least competent ) and CMA is on campus a helluva a lot more than Mullin and this comes from a Current SJU Coach of another sport who I know

But it is what it is. I much more enjoy watching these kids scrap and fight for rebounds that shoot and retreat offense.

And my anger is already gone where it took me years to get over Jarvis ( luckily it only took me a year to get over Norm ). But then again I cant rule out dementia kicking in
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 04:03:41 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #205 on: December 25, 2019, 09:25:14 PM »
Show me one post..one sentence or one word even where I pick on the new coach.  And using the nickname CFC certainly does not qualify.

You and others are projecting your own feelings which I summarize thusly - "I love Coach Anderson and hate Coach Mullin", so therefore Carmine who loves Coach Mullin must hate Coach Anderson.  It very simply does not apply to me.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:29:41 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #206 on: December 25, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
Show me one post..one sentence or one word even where I pick on the new coach.  And using the nickname CFC certainly does not qualify.

You and others are projecting your own feelings which I summarize thusly - "I love Coach Anderson and hate Coach Mullin", so therefore Carmine who loves Coach Mullin must hate Coach Anderson.  It very simply does not apply to me.
up until the other day I had assumed CFC was you saying he would have been your first choice. I'm not even joking . lol

« Reply #207 on: December 26, 2019, 02:31:28 AM »
up until the other day I had assumed CFC was you saying he would have been your first choice. I'm not even joking . lol
No. It now means "coach fifth choice". It used to mean "coach fourth choice". I can't take credit for this one. Doc invented it when he first started calling him "CTC".

ras

« Reply #208 on: December 26, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »
Where has FOAD been lately?

« Reply #209 on: December 26, 2019, 12:35:58 PM »
You people who feel the need to disparage Coach Mullin must lead really sad lives. Get over it and move on. Try enjoying this season and our current coach. Of course you are the same people who will be the first to turn on Coach Anderson should this season go south.

Poison

« Reply #210 on: December 26, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »

Except it does qualify.
It’s disrespectful.

You should know that.

I don’t hate coach Mullin.
I hated the terrible job he did as a coach. I hated the utter gaul he had in thinking that he could do a job he’s never done before.

TONYD3

« Reply #211 on: December 26, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »
Where has FOAD been lately?
I hope he isn’t SAD we are winning!

« Reply #212 on: December 26, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
It’s disrespectful.
No it's not. It's truthful, factual and I like it.  It's not my fault that 2 or 3 or 4 other coaches were floated offers before the Razorback accepted the offer.  It's not Anderson's fault either.  It's not disparaging at all and implies nothing negative about his abilities as a coach or as a representative of the University. 

If the only evidence you can present of me "picking" on the coach is the silly nickname I sometimes call him - then you have nothing.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 04:01:26 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Poison

« Reply #213 on: December 26, 2019, 05:06:49 PM »
No it's not. It's truthful, factual and I like it.  It's not my fault that 2 or 3 or 4 other coaches were floated offers before the Razorback accepted the offer.  It's not Anderson's fault either.  It's not disparaging at all and implies nothing negative about his abilities as a coach or as a representative of the University. 

If the only evidence you can present of me "picking" on the coach is the silly nickname I sometimes call him - then you have nothing.

The reason why St.John’s floated offers to other coaches is because they are St.John’s and they gravitate towards terrible ideas. Like Chris Mullin.

« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »
You people who feel the need to disparage Coach Mullin must lead really sad lives. Get over it and move on. Try enjoying this season and our current coach. Of course you are the same people who will be the first to turn on Coach Anderson should this season go south.
I don't care if CMA doesn't win a game I won't disparage him as long as he works hard and obviously he would eventually be replaced if he didn't win. I don't care if Mullin never won a game it is lack of the work ethic that I have a problem with. You and others can choose to turn a blind eye to how hard he worked but I have enough info to conclude he did not work nearly as hard as the job requires. You don't have to take my word for it I really don't care and you don't have to believe I have heard from people who have worked for him and many of our previous coaches, and also from former players to obtain information that lead to my opinion.

« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »
See that just can't help yourself. You are surely a sad pathetic person who relishes attacking someone who is not available to defend himself. I feel sorry for those who have to be around you on a daily basis.

TONYD3

« Reply #216 on: December 26, 2019, 07:24:16 PM »
See that just can't help yourself. You are surely a sad pathetic person who relishes attacking someone who is not available to defend himself. I feel sorry for those who have to be around you on a daily basis.
Lazy ass had 4 years to defend himself. He choose to live in California and let Matt and a kid try and do his job for him. Every day when he chose not to work he shamed himself.

Poison

« Reply #217 on: December 26, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »

Who said it was your fault? All I’m saying is that it’s a pretty shitty thing to do to our coach. And it is. If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:36:06 PM by Poison »

« Reply #218 on: December 26, 2019, 09:23:59 PM »
The reason why St.John’s floated offers to other coaches is because they are St.John’s and they gravitate towards terrible ideas. Like Chris Mullin.
That has nothing to do with my point - but Ok.

« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »
Who said it was your fault? All I’m saying is that it’s a pretty shitty thing to do to our coach. And it is. If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.
I'm sorry his nickname offends you. It is not the least bit offensive. Suck it up and deal with it.