Arizona Game Discussion

• 236 replies

Poison

Re: Arizona Game Discussion
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »
I'm sorry his nickname offends you. It is not the least bit offensive. Suck it up and deal with it.

Carmine, you’re the one acting butt hurt over Mullin getting fired. Your name for Coach Anderson is a pathetic response.

If you love Mullin so much, you’re free to support the next team he coaches.

SJUFAN

« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2019, 09:44:00 PM »
No it's not. It's truthful, factual and I like it.  It's not my fault that 2 or 3 or 4 other coaches were floated offers before the Razorback accepted the offer.  It's not Anderson's fault either.  It's not disparaging at all and implies nothing negative about his abilities as a coach or as a representative of the University. 

If the only evidence you can present of me "picking" on the coach is the silly nickname I sometimes call him - then you have nothing.

Stop attempting to validate the rationale behind why YOU believe it isn’t when others are telling you it’s disrespectful. It’s ignorant. Similar to those old timers who don’t see why the old Redmen logo is offensive.

SJUFAN

« Reply #222 on: December 27, 2019, 12:11:46 AM »
I'm sorry his nickname offends you. It is not the least bit offensive. Suck it up and deal with it.

For starters it’s not his nickname, it’s what you refer to the best coach we’ve had since Louie. The fact you remain steadfast on your ignorant position tells me more about you than anything.

goredmen

« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2019, 02:06:54 AM »

Man it is snowflake city around here. On a forum where 70% of the posts are dissecting the flaws that specific 18-22 year olds have at basketball, people are complaining about calling a 60 year old guy Coach Fourth Choice. Good grief everybody needs to lighten up.

My only issue with the nickname is I think he was actually the third choice. Only Hurley and Porter were formally offered the job before Anderson. But this is splitting hairs.

Also, Anderson joked about being the third choice for SJU. “I was my third choice on my wife’s side. I was the third choice for and I didn’t turn out bad.”

Anderson was at least the third choice for this program in April. Maybe being told to F off by our first two choices will turn out to be the best thing that happened to this program in decades. Maybe Anderson will meet the same fate as everybody else we've had this millennium. Either way, the nickname is factual or close to it.

Poison

« Reply #224 on: December 27, 2019, 11:00:22 AM »
Man it is snowflake city around here. On a forum where 70% of the posts are dissecting the flaws that specific 18-22 year olds have at basketball, people are complaining about calling a 60 year old guy Coach Fourth Choice. Good grief everybody needs to lighten up.

My only issue with the nickname is I think he was actually the third choice. Only Hurley and Porter were formally offered the job before Anderson. But this is splitting hairs.

Also, Anderson joked about being the third choice for SJU. “I was my third choice on my wife’s side. I was the third choice for and I didn’t turn out bad.”

Anderson was at least the third choice for this program in April. Maybe being told to F off by our first two choices will turn out to be the best thing that happened to this program in decades. Maybe Anderson will meet the same fate as everybody else we've had this millennium. Either way, the nickname is factual or close to it.

You’re right, it was funny enough once that even Coach Anderson joked about it himself. A joke is funny once. Maybe twice. At this point, it reeks of hurt feelings. So, you’re right, the Mullin kool-aid drinkers are true snowflakes.

« Reply #225 on: December 27, 2019, 11:28:41 AM »
Here is how it goes....we all wanted Hurley, some wanted Cluess or bust....when we heard other names floated after those two, none of us were excited...then luck and a divine intervention ensued...Capel makes the call to Craig that will in my opinion changed thee way we will look at St.johns basketball for the next decade..As I sat frustrated and hopeless that we would end up with someone like Moser even after he turned us down, reports started surfacing about Mike Anderson...being a college basketball fan, I knew about his history and I was instantly revitalized...he in fact was the third choice and maybe not even top 10 after all the shenanigans, but in the end he ended up being the best choice at the moment...I graduated from St.Johns in 93 and I was an athlete there as well...from one alumni to all on this site....We got this hire right....
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 11:30:08 AM by Johnnies93!! »

TONYD3

« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2019, 12:02:18 PM »
You’re right, it was funny enough once that even Coach Anderson joked about it himself. A joke is funny once. Maybe twice. At this point, it reeks of hurt feelings. So, you’re right, the Mullin kool-aid drinkers are true snowflakes.
At least carmine is still around. A bunch of snowflakes left after Arizona.

SJUFAN

« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »

Carmine stated that the lack of “well earned respect” some on this board shows Mullin is a disrespectful embarrassment. All I’m saying is if he isn’t going to extend that same position to CMA then STFU about others.

The argument about it being factual doesn’t somehow make it ok. If your friends wife was a whore and your friend joked about it “once” does that then make it ok for you to refer to her as the whore? The debate turned into whether or not referring to coach as CFC is disrespectful or not, he can do it all he likes but understand that it is.

Poison

« Reply #228 on: December 27, 2019, 02:32:59 PM »
Here is how it goes....we all wanted Hurley, some wanted Cluess or bust....when we heard other names floated after those two, none of us were excited...then luck and a divine intervention ensued...Capel makes the call to Craig that will in my opinion changed thee way we will look at St.johns basketball for the next decade..As I sat frustrated and hopeless that we would end up with someone like Moser even after he turned us down, reports started surfacing about Mike Anderson...being a college basketball fan, I knew about his history and I was instantly revitalized...he in fact was the third choice and maybe not even top 10 after all the shenanigans, but in the end he ended up being the best choice at the moment...I graduated from St.Johns in 93 and I was an athlete there as well...from one alumni to all on this site....We got this hire right....

Welcome Johnnies93!!

Local high school coaches have taken notice. They love that he holds every player accountable. They love that he’s creating a basketball culture that is proud of defense. Recruits may not be top 50 yet, but they either will be, or it won’t matter.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:33:41 PM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #229 on: December 27, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »
Welcome Johnnies93!!

Local high school coaches have taken notice. They love that he holds every player accountable. They love that he’s creating a basketball culture that is proud of defense. Recruits may not be top 50 yet, but they either will be, or it won’t matter.
I am ok never going after a 5 star recruit again. Harrison I believe was in the 40’s. That’s the kind of guy we need. A guy to small or slow for the NBA that will stay 4 years.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:40:00 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2019, 04:13:07 AM »
Carmine, you’re the one acting butt hurt over Mullin getting fired.

I'm not the least bit hurt by the Mullin resignation. As a fan I've come to expect such things. I just thought that it was a mistake. Same as I thought the Mullin hire was.
Your name for Coach Anderson is a pathetic response.

It is not a response. Pathetic or otherwise. If the Razorback has continued success they'll be chanting it at the games; "CFC...CFC...CFC"

« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2019, 04:17:00 AM »
Stop attempting to validate the rationale behind why YOU believe it isn’t when others are telling you it’s disrespectful. It’s ignorant. Similar to those old timers who don’t see why the old Redmen logo is offensive.
You've just compared a nickname about the skin color of a native population decimated by the white man to the benign inoffensive nickname "Coach fifth choice".  Congratulations!

« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2019, 04:20:07 AM »
For starters it’s not his nickname
If I say it's his nickname - it's his nickname. I'm the nickname authority around these parts.
it’s what you refer to the best coach we’ve had since Louie.
Are you sure it's time to make this claim before the conference portion of the season has begun and 13 games into his tenure?
The fact you remain steadfast on your ignorant position tells me more about you than anything.
What does it tell you?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 04:47:39 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2019, 04:23:01 AM »
Slam dunk. Argument over. The nickname stays.

« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2019, 04:37:05 AM »
Carmine stated that the lack of “well earned respect” some on this board shows Mullin is a disrespectful embarrassment. All I’m saying is if he isn’t going to extend that same position to CMA then STFU about others.
This is a St. John's basketball fan site.

One is the greatest, most beloved by fans, most revered figure in the long history of the program. The other is a reverse carpet bagger that no one knows form Adam who's been here all of 8 months. Good point!
The argument about it being factual doesn’t somehow make it ok. If your friends wife was a whore and your friend joked about it “once” does that then make it ok for you to refer to her as the whore? The debate turned into whether or not referring to coach as CFC is disrespectful or not, he can do it all he likes but understand that it is.
One is a derogatory term meaning "prostitute". A much maligned profession in our society that draws ire in polite company.

The other consists of three innocent words that aren't derogatory at all gently mocking the fact that several other coaches were floated offers prior to CFC. Good point!

Poison

« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2019, 10:11:41 AM »

I'm not the least bit hurt by the Mullin resignation. As a fan I've come to expect such things. I just thought that it was a mistake. Same as I thought the Mullin hire was.
It is not a response. Pathetic or otherwise. If the Razorback has continued success they'll be chanting it at the games; "CFC...CFC...CFC"

You are kidding yourself. Just move on. You’re wrong on this one.

Coach 20/52 was never disrespected like Coach Anderson. His nickname, as you can clearly see, is also an undeniable fact.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:27:18 AM by Poison »

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »
Move on fellas. Next game is almost here
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle