So March Madness

• 64 replies
Re: So March Madness
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2019, 09:01:42 PM »
The Albany game was less than half full..... a little less than the Yale game.  Albany had a nice group there who were enjoying any positive moment. 

Carnesecca looked great with a little snow before the game though!

https://imgur.com/a/0Z5iNtE
was that snow after the snowpocolypse the other day ? Was xmas bar hopping with my friends in NYC and all the sudden all the damn phones start doing that alert thing and we thought there was a terrorist attack or something

HKD

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »
was that snow after the snowpocolypse the other day ? Was xmas bar hopping with my friends in NYC and all the sudden all the damn phones start doing that alert thing and we thought there was a terrorist attack or something

Ha the first "snow squall warning". It was pretty wild that it came out of nowhere and was done in 20 minutes.  I got this pic at Bryant Park as I was walking to F train to get out to the game.

https://imgur.com/M29bWre

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2019, 09:06:25 PM »
Ha the first "snow squall warning". It was pretty wild that it came out of nowhere and was done in 20 minutes.  I got this pic at Bryant Park as I was walking to F train to get out to the game.

https://imgur.com/M29bWre
cool pic. we weren't that far from you. We had left Rolfs and were at Petes Tavern and walking past Union Square when it hit but was over because we even finished a beer at the last bar

HKD

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2019, 09:10:05 PM »
cool pic. we weren't that far from you. We had left Rolfs and were at Petes Tavern and walking past Union Square when it hit but was over because we even finished a beer at the last bar

Nice! I work near Bryant Park.  Pete's Tavern, can't ever go wrong by being there!

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2019, 09:18:41 PM »
St Johns will have atleast one vote in the Top 25 this week as I seen one persons top 25 this week had SJUBB in it

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2019, 06:38:34 AM »
They are a very good and complete team that will be dancing. Didn't look ready for the pressure we put on them. I think if game was 5 min longer we probably lose by 10.

I don't necessarily disagree, but one thing I will say is that there may have been a lot less foul calls had that been a Big East conference game.

Poison

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2019, 06:47:20 AM »
I don't necessarily disagree, but one thing I will say is that there may have been a lot less foul calls had that been a Big East conference game.

Do you think the refs are letting them play more so than other conferences? I haven’t noticed that I a long time.

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2019, 10:22:36 AM »
NET is at #48 this morning

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2019, 11:02:00 AM »
Checking in at 31 in Jon Rothstein's 45

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6a7NjWhOok/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2019, 11:18:09 AM »
Checking in at 31 in Jon Rothstein's 45

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6a7NjWhOok/

I get Rothstein's shtick, but kinda funny that he pumps his rankings all over social media days after tweeting something like this:

JonRothstein
Getting hung up on rankings this season in college hoops makes about as much sense as trying to decipher why The Godfather: Part III was so poorly done.
Both Seton Hall and Saint Mary's weren't ranked this week.
Did that affect their performance level?
Rankings = meaningless.

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2019, 11:20:43 AM »
I get Rothstein's shtick, but kinda funny that he pumps his rankings all over social media days after tweeting something like this:

JonRothstein
Getting hung up on rankings this season in college hoops makes about as much sense as trying to decipher why The Godfather: Part III was so poorly done.
Both Seton Hall and Saint Mary's weren't ranked this week.
Did that affect their performance level?
Rankings = meaningless.

Well Rankings are meaningless. Wins and losses are what matters.

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2019, 11:42:30 AM »
Rankings are meaningless but still a fun exercise.

HKD

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2019, 11:42:49 AM »
Well Rankings are meaningless. Wins and losses are what matters.

Rankings etc gets you talked about..... getting talked about makes it a tad easier to recruit. So yes it matters.

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2019, 11:50:50 AM »
Rankings etc gets you talked about..... getting talked about makes it a tad easier to recruit. So yes it matters.

Yes absolutely it's a conversation piece I think the sentiment of message GoRedmen pointed out was more towards rankings are not the end all be all and people generally get too caught up in them.

The fact we beat Arizona is what matters in the end not if we made top 25 this week.

Marillac

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2019, 11:52:22 AM »
Lol you're delusional. Arizona has a lottery pick big and a lottery pick PG. The Pac 12 has been way better this year than in year's past. They will be in easily.

We already have two non conference wins miles better than any we had last year. The BE is WAY better this year than it was last year. .500 gets us in.

Arizona didn’t look good at all. To the extent that we made that happen is tough to ascertain just 12 games into the Anderson era. It’s possible that is a consistent theme, but a lot their turnovers were unforced and their play was very sloppy—not unexpected when starting three freshmen.

They have lost three of four and had three close games at home against Penn, 7-6 Peperdine (by 2) and a a 5-loss Wake Forest prior to those four games. All three of those teams have at least four losses. They also only beat 6-loss South Dakota by 7 at home. They sprinkled in some massacres of low majors which shows how good they can be when rolling.

I’m not too high on Mannion. I think he’ll stick in the NBA eventually but he would be a foolish lottery pick with his lower ceiling. I do like Nnaji a lot, though.

But none of that really matters. Anytime a Big East team beats a big football school it’s great news.

I think this opens the door to a possible postseason berth, but I also think last place in the Big East is very much in play if not still likely.

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
Arizona didn’t look good at all. To the extent that we made that happen is tough to ascertain just 12 games into the Anderson era. It’s possible that is a consistent theme, but a lot their turnovers were unforced and their play was very sloppy—not unexpected when starting three freshmen.

They have lost three of four and had three close games at home against Penn, 7-6 Peperdine (by 2) and a a 5-loss Wake Forest prior to those four games. All three of those teams have at least four losses. They also only beat 6-loss South Dakota by 7 at home. They sprinkled in some massacres of low majors which shows how good they can be when rolling.

I’m not too high on Mannion. I think he’ll stick in the NBA eventually but he would be a foolish lottery pick with his lower ceiling. I do like Nnaji a lot, though.

But none of that really matters. Anytime a Big East team beats a big football school it’s great news.

I think this opens the door to a possible postseason berth, but I also think last place in the Big East is very much in play if not still likely.

For teams that don’t impress you (Zona and WVU) you certainly have a knack for waiting till after we make them look bad to share those thoughts. If I’m right you predicted 30 point losses to both. Now neither looks like a tourney team. Come on Now Middle ground, it’s time to be optimistic about this team.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

HKD

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2019, 12:30:57 PM »
Well SJU in other receiving votes this week in AP poll..... 4 points.  WVU and UA both ranked, and even Yale got a vote in there!

Marillac

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2019, 12:46:42 PM »
For teams that don’t impress you (Zona and WVU) you certainly have a knack for waiting till after we make them look bad to share those thoughts. If I’m right you predicted 30 point losses to both. Now neither looks like a tourney team. Come on Now Middle ground, it’s time to be optimistic about this team.

I haven’t watched either team play in a decade so my prediction even without trolling would be a complete guess. Then factor in some considerable trolling😉

DFF6

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2019, 01:46:39 AM »
Lunardi’s bracketology currently has WV as a 4 seed and Zona as a 5. Butler is a 2 seed. Beat Butler, and we should start getting respect.

Poison

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »

If you argue both sides, you are never wrong.