1/11 vs Depaul

• 107 replies

TONYD3

Re: 1/11 vs Depaul
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2020, 01:41:54 PM »
Very happy we won. Still it’s DePaul. No one is celebrating.

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »
Tony is the worst St. John's poster of all time.
Redy2Rumble? Bet you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.  :2funny:

TONYD3

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »
😂🤣😂

SJUFAN

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2020, 04:12:19 PM »
They beat last place DePaul at home in what would have been a one possession game had DP hit more than one of the free throws they were awarded when St John's senior team leader fouled a three point shooter with 40 seconds left. So no, its not at all an impressive win.

Since the forum oracle believes DePaul could win the BE I would say it’s a solid win.

Foad

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2020, 04:23:39 PM »
Since the forum oracle believes DePaul could win the BE I would say it’s a solid win.

I don't see another win until the first week in February. So it was less a solid win than a must win. Because they're looking at 4-10 the rest of the way.

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »
Congrats on the win, Depaul is a good team this year, they will win a good share of BE games,  I think the Johnnnies win the next one.

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »
I don't see another win until the first week in February. So it was less a solid win than a must win. Because they're looking at 4-10 the rest of the way.

Your right it was a must win as I feel Wednesday night is as well....I think all true Johnnie fans still want to dream of a trip to the big dance....with a win Wednesday night, we will keep that dream alive and Saturday should be exciting...let’s go johnnies!!!

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2020, 11:01:00 PM »
Win Wednesday and Foady disappears again
Pot calling the kettle black?

TONYD3

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2020, 11:18:20 PM »
Pot calling the kettle black?
Like I told you previously. I kind of wish the hero, and the remaining members of the cult got to experience year 5 of the Mullin experience. This time without a recruiter. Losing sucks but watching you guys make excuses for last place AGAIN would be amusing. As would you and your ilk for making excuses playing this season with 8 or less players.
Not my HERO
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 11:26:56 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:25 AM »

Why don't you DM me and we can meet up at game? Let's talk then.

jr49

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2020, 12:32:37 PM »
why would anyone be upset with having a good person, head coach and staff at sju? We lost twice to DePaul last season and were highly regarded in BE poll. Its amazing team was in playoff game with those kind of loses. What is the anger about?

Johnny23

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »
why would anyone be upset with having a good person, head coach and staff at sju? We lost twice to DePaul last season and were highly regarded in BE poll. Its amazing team was in playoff game with those kind of loses. What is the anger about?

The anger is some little pissants are butthurt that their mancrush Mullin was let go because he sucked. Plain and simple.

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2020, 02:14:41 PM »
why would anyone be upset with having a good person, head coach and staff at sju? What is the anger about?
I've yet to see one post expressing people being upset at or anger towards CFC. What are you talking about? Projection?

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2020, 02:15:04 PM »
The anger is some little pissants are butthurt that their mancrush Mullin was let go because he sucked. Plain and simple.
See above.

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2020, 02:23:37 PM »
Like I told you previously. I kind of wish the hero, and the remaining members of the cult got to experience year 5 of the Mullin experience. This time without a recruiter. Losing sucks but watching you guys make excuses for last place AGAIN would be amusing. As would you and your ilk for making excuses playing this season with 8 or less players.
Not my HERO
There you go again making wild claims and predicting a future that never has or will happen. With such certainty even. Clever debating tactic.

P.S. I kind of wish I never taught you the word "ilk".

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT MULLIN! Yes he took us to a tourney and got better each year and attendance sky rocketed. He came in with nothing here and turned it around. You have to give credit for that but he also was not a good coach and was lazy and deserved all the criticism a Coach gets. If he was any other Coach and not the poster boy and the legend of St. Johns people would not defend him as much as they do. We also should not crucify him..... He is gone its over root for this team and Coach Anderson every single topic just goes back to Mullin its terrible....... Much needed win vs a decent DePaul teams who owes wins over Iowa, Minnesota and Texas Tech. Lets go beat Providence and make Saturday a HUGE game vs Seton Hall. Just got my tickets for Saturday with 6 buddies who are not St. John's or Seton Hall fans. They are hoping for a great atmosphere at the Garden.

TONYD3

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2020, 04:11:10 PM »
There you go again making wild claims and predicting a future that never has or will happen. With such certainty even. Clever debating tactic.

P.S. I kind of wish I never taught you the word "ilk".
Familiar with the word even though I don’t usually use it. However the term butt hurt is not something that I have heard before. I love it. Makes me laugh every time.

Foad

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2020, 04:32:09 PM »
CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT MULLIN! Yes he took us to a tourney and got better each year and attendance sky rocketed. He came in with nothing here and turned it around. You have to give credit for that but he also was not a good coach and was lazy and deserved all the criticism a Coach gets. If he was any other Coach and not the poster boy and the legend of St. Johns people would not defend him as much as they do. We also should not crucify him..... He is gone its over root for this team and Coach Anderson every single topic just goes back to Mullin its terrible.......

Not every post expressing skepticism about the long term prospects of SJ basketball generally or Anderson specifically - both of which skepticisms I share - is an endorsement of Mullin, who deserves some credit for what he achieved and some criticism for what he didn't. If his name was added to the list of the words that are forbidden here discourse would improve immeasurably, because in the main the only people who mention him are the people who have animus toward him.

I think there are serious questions about Anderson's prospects moving forward,  specifically the shortcomings inherent in his fugazi system and his approach to recruiting. Those doubts have nothing to do with Mullin, about whom I think only about when his name is mentioned here by those who can't go 20 minutes without shrieking out his name like demented Tourette's patients.

TONYD3

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
Not every post expressing skepticism about the long term prospects of SJ basketball generally or Anderson specifically - both of which skepticisms I share - is an endorsement of Mullin, who deserves some credit for what he achieved and some criticism for what he didn't. If his name was added to the list of the words that are forbidden here discourse would improve immeasurably, because in the main the only people who mention him are the people who have animus toward him.

I think there are serious questions about Anderson's prospects moving forward,  specifically the shortcomings inherent in his fugazi system and his approach to recruiting. Those doubts have nothing to do with Mullin, about whom I think only about when his name is mentioned here by those who can't go 20 minutes without shrieking out his name like demented Tourette's patients.
Anderson’s recruits- Rutherford C grade. The kid has been fine. Solid player. Wish he were more talented. But he holds his own.
Champagnie- 3 star guy- B so far. Better then expected getting abused so far in big east. Had a much better game Saturday.
Sears- C - he is ok. Plays hard
Dunn- B- has been up and down. Looked great Saturday. At times he has been very good. Was dominant at times Saturday.
Under the circumstances those players seem fine. Next years class is better. That’s reality. As far as his approach to recruiting, not sure you can find fault in it. He is actually out there trying. Yesterday he was out on Long Island recruiting a 4 star kid from Brentwood
Fugazi system- absolutely makes no sense. Coach has never had a losing season. And he won’t this year.  His half court offense is weak. So was mullins. Better players will score more easily. Half court offense looked fine Saturday. Dunn was great. LJ was good. And heron was much better.

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
As far as Anderson goes we need to step back before saying he is the savior as well. I for one love his system I am all about pressure and defense. His half court offense has struggled but we also do not have the pass first point guard or a dead eye 3point shooter. Be interesting to see how the recruits are next year but we need to give him time to see what happens in first three years......Any St. Johns fan at this point of the year would have been happy with where we stand currently. As projected to finish 9th in the Big East to be 12-5 with 2 or 3 Quad 1 wins ( not sure if DePaul is one) we should be happy. Going into the year i had us at 12-5 right now as well i had us beating Vermont and Butler but losing to Arizona and West Va. We are on track in a rebuilding year based on ALL pre season projections. 2 all conference players or not when you are picked 9th out of 10 teams in a conference it is a rebuilding year......We might finish 10th we might finish 3rd the Big East is so tough but we should be happy to have came away with Coach Anderson. Lets sweep this week