« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
I am 1000% right ...people leaving and u keep missing Matt A ....See ya

I just don't get the vitriol some of you guys have
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

Re: 1/11 vs Depaul
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:03 PM »
Why don’t you read your board. Not hard to figure out who the ass holes are.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2020, 08:43:17 PM »
This board is crazy today...Thank goodness the team won! What a nuclear holocaust it would be otherwise.

I thought I saw the crowd attendance was over 10,000? Is this correct?

If so pretty good for a 0-3 team facing DePaul at the Garden. If they can beat Providence this week, The Seton Hall game will be fun and the Garden packed!
Cougar O' Malley

TONYD3

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2020, 08:47:07 PM »
This board is crazy today...Thank goodness the team won! What a nuclear holocaust it would be otherwise.

I thought I saw the crowd attendance was over 10,000? Is this correct?

If so pretty good for a 0-3 team facing DePaul at the Garden. If they can beat Providence this week, The Seton Hall game will be fun and the Garden packed!
Guessing 4000. Crowd was into the game. Nothing close to 10,000

Poison

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2020, 08:47:09 PM »
So when you said

"we want a coach who holds all of our guys accountable. Maybe Coach Anderson … by benching Roberts and Champagnie … did it with a purpose in mind … in order to hold players accountable"

You weren't talking about the coach motivating the players, motivating being defined as "to provide with an incentive or a reason for doing something." Interesting take.

It’s a sample of what we hope is a system that stops players when it needs to.

Too soon to know, but I think it’s promising that the team responded today with a much stronger effort all around. We’ll see where we are at the end of February.

Mullin was an awful coach, but a great player. Good evening.

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2020, 09:13:07 PM »

We were into it is right..def sounded like more then 4K.....thought it was more, but your right, definitely not 10k.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2020, 09:14:56 PM »

That’s a bummer, hopefully it’s better next weekend.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »
Published attendance said 6,636.

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
What is fair about that? Sorry you spend time in Baltimore. I heard it’s beautiful this time of year. Go back to your hole

Noon game the Saturday of NFL playoffs following a blow out and 3 straight losses against the worst team in the big east (historically). It makes sense participation would be lower, sorry you can’t figure that.

Marillac

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2020, 11:20:48 PM »
Noon game the Saturday of NFL playoffs following a blow out and 3 straight losses against the worst team in the big east (historically). It makes sense participation would be lower, sorry you can’t figure that.

Same scenario last year with much different results.

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2020, 01:04:18 AM »

I think it’s fair to say that the haters and trolls have ramped up their posting and personal attacks since the Anderson hire.  It has led to many threads quickly devolving into unreadable garbage. Some people are getting fed up with it and overreacting a bit.

However, I think you’re doing an admirable job in a thankless position. The anger is misdirected if they are directing it toward you since you clearly are trying to limit the nonsense.  A lot of people appreciate the boards.

Winning seems to be the best way to keep the trolls away so hopefully this team wins more than it loses.

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2020, 01:12:33 AM »
Congratulations to CFC, his staff and players on the first of what hopefully will be many conference wins to come.

You can always count on Depaul.  Where would we be without them?

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2020, 05:29:29 AM »
What exactly are you doing to clean it up?  This board is a joke.  I bet a lot of posters are afraid to share because anytime Tony says something halfway reasonable or logical he gets annihilated for it.  The vitriol on this board is totally one directional.  I have been a fan of this program since 1985.  I will continue to root for the team regardless of the coach.  I would never root for them to lose because I don't like the coach.

Tony is the worst St. John's poster of all time.

Foad

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2020, 10:18:57 AM »
Btw, it is awfully quiet here today.  All the haters have gone back to their caves to console themselves.

Guessing at least a few posters got caught up in the ticker tape parade they threw for Anderson to commemorate beating Depaul at home. Traffic was insane.

Poison

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2020, 11:10:46 AM »
Guessing at least a few posters got caught up in the ticker tape parade they threw for Anderson to commemorate beating Depaul at home. Traffic was insane.

This isn’t an impressive win?
Biased much?

TONYD3

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2020, 11:14:29 AM »
Tony is the worst St. John's poster of all time.
Guy, do you watch basketball? Did you watch the last coach? Now you come around when we lose.

HKD

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
Yesterday was def a mixed bag in terms of the game.  Obviously getting that first league win is important so they got the job done.  Was happy to see Heron hit a few threes as this team desperately needs to find some consistent scoring.  Also loved how Dunn came out to start the game, with him starting you have 3 guys in starting lineup who should be able to get a shot when needed.

On D end there was way too many uncontested drives to hoop.  Running a press like SJU does you will end up giving up a few easy hoops which is fine, but once you are back and set there is no excuse for the lane to open up like that.  They need to fix some stuff on rotations etc.  They switch on every pick which is fine as well, but you can't get lost as many times as they do.  Good news is that these things are fixable. 

Foad

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
This isn’t an impressive win?

They beat last place DePaul at home in what would have been a one possession game had DP hit more than one of the free throws they were awarded when St John's senior team leader fouled a three point shooter with 40 seconds left. So no, its not at all an impressive win.

TONYD3

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »
They beat last place DePaul at home in what would have been a one possession game had DP hit more than one of the free throws they were awarded when St John's senior team leader fouled a three point shooter with 40 seconds left. So no, its not at all an impressive win.
Win Wednesday and Foady disappears again

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2020, 12:52:12 PM »
Win Wednesday and Foady disappears again

While I agree the win wasn’t life altering, it was def a solid win and hopefully one that gets us started on the right path again...I for one was nervous with this game...DePaul should have beat providence last week and with wins over Iowa, Minnesota and Texas Tech they have proved to be a high quality team...