Seton Hall 1/18

• 111 replies
Re: Seton Hall 1/18
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2020, 09:40:40 PM »
Was another one we could have gotten. We’re in it at the end, but Roberts missing those free throws really hurt. He played a good game though. Can’t complain too much after this one, seton hall is a very good and complete team with an excellent senior big man and Powell who is probably the best player in the country.

I thought basically everyone played well, but have to give special props to Rutherford who really gave Powell fits. Rutherford was face guarding him, denying, and did a nice job. When Rutherford came out, Powell scored 7 points in about 3 minutes.

Anyway, it was a good effort and shows that we should be able to pick up some wins in the league, at least at home. No easy games in the big East this year.

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2020, 01:07:02 PM »
What adjustment is he going to make. Seton hall could go to the final 4 and we we played them almost even with Rutherford, earlington, Roberts and Dunn. Our coach, coaches his ass off
Our last coach had them beat on the road only to have it stolen by "Clockgate".  An inadvertent whistle with 3.9 seconds remaining. Ostensibly, to adjust a timing error of .4 seconds. A game costing scandal so egregious that the conference had to issue a shoddy press release about it the following day.

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2020, 01:12:38 PM »
In year 1 of a complete rebuild. What’s he going to do?
And yes this is a rebuild
Complete rebuilds don't have 2 second team preseason all-conference players on the them. The fact that you've made this coach out to be Je*sus and blasted our hero mercilessly and now we're staring 1 and 8 or worse square in the face doesn't change that.

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2020, 01:17:24 PM »
Roberts is the worse offensive player in the BE. 
No he's not.

Wow this truly shows your inability to assess players abilities and how they impact the game.

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2020, 01:27:18 PM »
You and the rest of the The Squad that were talking about a high NIT seed with a good chance to dance have sh*t all over your faces. To your credit, at least you don’t feel the need to mock a coach we hired with no experience for “only” making the NCAA tournament in order to make your point.
Good summary.

TONYD3

« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2020, 01:29:55 PM »
Our last coach had them beat on the road only to have it stolen by "Clockgate".  An inadvertent whistle with 3.9 seconds remaining. Ostensibly, to adjust a timing error of .4 seconds. A game costing scandal so egregious that the conference had to issue a shoddy press release about it the following day.
I was at the game. I saw the bad call and thought we should have the ball. Since I was at the game I didn’t see all the replays that must have been showed.
But still We were up over 10 points with the best player in the conference who also happened to shoot over 85 percent from the free throw line with 10 minutes left in the game.
You losers can make as many excuses as you want for that game. A JV coach wins it. Instead of taking terrible 3 points shots. We should have given shamorie the ball and attack the basket. He either scores, gets fouled and scores, or gets someone else an easy basket. Coaching basketball isn’t hard, when you are winning, and have by far better players.
All this board could talk about was how we got screwed. The crying was extremely annoying. That game shouldn’t have come down to 1 call. Our team choked. As they did at Villanova, which was a game i travelled to myself because my Freind backed out on me.
That is around the time I gave myself a little break from johnnyjungle. Never did I think my absence would become a topic of conversation.

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2020, 01:38:56 PM »
I was at the game. I saw the bad call and thought we should have the ball. Since I was at the game I didn’t see all the replays that must have been showed.
But still We were up over 10 points with the best player in the conference who also happened to shoot over 85 percent from the free throw line with 10 minutes left in the game.
You losers can make as many excuses as you want for that game. A JV coach wins it. Instead of taking terrible 3 points shots. We should have given shamorie the ball and attack the basket. He either scores, gets fouled and scores, or gets someone else an easy basket. Coaching basketball isn’t hard, when you are winning, and have by far better players.
All this board could talk about was how we got screwed. The crying was extremely annoying. That game shouldn’t have come down to 1 call. Our team choked. As they did at Villanova, which was a game i travelled to myself because my Freind backed out on me.
That is around the time I gave myself a little break from johnnyjungle. Never did I think my absence would become a topic of conversation.
It's the ONLY game in which I EVER brought up officiating, and bemoan a close defeat, as an excuse because it was so extraordinary.

You cry "moral victory" as a sad mantra on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:39:43 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Foad

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »
That is around the time I gave myself a little break from johnnyjungle.

This is a lie. You disappeared after the glorious comeback victory over Georgia Tech - because you were "conflicted" by the fact that they were undefeated - and reappeared after they lost two in a row to Villanova to Depaul. I know that because I just looked. Stop lying. It's not your fault that you inherited faulty genes but it is you fault when you commit cardinal sins. Go to confession or failing that say 10 Hail Mullins.

TONYD3

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2020, 09:56:35 AM »
This is a lie. You disappeared after the glorious comeback victory over Georgia Tech - because you were "conflicted" by the fact that they were undefeated - and reappeared after they lost two in a row to Villanova to Depaul. I know that because I just looked. Stop lying. It's not your fault that you inherited faulty genes but it is you fault when you commit cardinal sins. Go to confession or failing that say 10 Hail Mullins.
Ok. You got me. I left when you said I left. Me taking a break from the fan forum was not as big an event for me as it was for you.
Remember I did post on the seton hall board. Since you brought it up 25 times. I think it is fair that you find the 1 post and post it here. It was the rivals free board. The post was on 12/30 or 12/31 here last year. Find it and post it. It will make overt smart.
You will not answer this. But what is your personal goal? Do you want Anderson fired? Do you think he is a bad coach? Or are you just butt hurt that Mullin was shit canned?

TONYD3

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
Complete rebuilds don't have 2 second team preseason all-conference players on the them. The fact that you've made this coach out to be Je*sus and blasted our hero mercilessly and now we're staring 1 and 8 or worse square in the face doesn't change that.
Anderson is just a basketball coach. I have posted that multiple times. He is not Jesus or a magician. Your boy was not a coach.
Chris mullin. Xavier 0-9. Providence 1-7. Seton hall 2-6. 5 years ago we were even or better then those teams. In those 25 games Mullin for the most part was absolutely destroyed by these teams. You can’t spin that. It just going to take a REAL coach more then a few months to clean up after your hero. In 4 years minus the DePaul series Mullin won 14 other big east games.

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
Chris mullin. Xavier 0-9. Providence 1-7. Seton hall 2-6.
CFC -  Xavier 0-1, Providence 0-1, Seton Hall 0-1
Why don't you wait till your man crush beats even one of these teams. You got a lot of nerve.
5 years ago we were even or better then those teams.
Yes, 5 years ago we were coached by Hollywood who shouldn't have been let go. Last year we were coached by Mullin who shouldn't have been let go.
It just going to take a REAL coach more then a few months to clean up after your hero.
Clean up? Clean up?  Mullin took his charges to the Ncaa tournament LAST year and left behind 5 players that one would describe as talented or semi-talented.  I already know the answer but could CFC qualify for the Ncaa's, or do anything for that matter, even one time before you run your fingers.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 04:37:11 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Foad

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2020, 02:31:43 PM »
what is your personal goal?

I'll answer you this one time, in the spirit of the day - it's called comity, look it up, also I'm half a dozen martinis in -  until I put you back on ignore. My personal goal is to write clever japes and monkeyshines the writing of which gives me pleasure and that bring joy to my myriad fans, who adore me.

Do you want Anderson fired?

No.

Do you think he is a bad coach?

Yes. At least he is so far, based on the evidence, which evidence comprises last place, but you know, small sample size. My eyes tell me  he's everything Arkansas fans said he was: a lackadaisical recruiter with a one trick pony fugazi system that's not designed to bring out the best in his better players. As a fan I hope they're wrong obviously. At least that's what I posted on the Seton Hall board when I was sad because the team I root for was 11-2.

Or are you just butt hurt that Mullin was shit canned?

You're obsessed with Chris Mullin. I rarely think about him and to the extent that I do I remember him as a great player and a mediocre coach. To the extent that I think about him I think SJ would have been better off in the long run if the administration had offered him support instead of cutting the legs out from under him, but that's water under the bridge that the cows that have left the barn threw their spilled milk out with the bath water off of. Which sentence incidentally gives me great pleasure at having written.

Buh bye now.