Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK

• 491 replies

TONYD3

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2020, 04:50:19 PM »
Heron was a 5* top 25 recruit that led both a mediocre team and a 26-win team in scoring on his way to  being named second team all-conference twice. He’s the most accomplished returning player we’ve had in decades. The coaches in the league thought enough of him to collectively vote him one of the best 12 players in the conference.

And he will never play again for St. John’s, so your point is? By the way he doesn’t look miserable at all. He is very much into the game. Even though he didn’t have a great season. He proved to be a great kid.

SJUFAN

« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »

You realize the criticism comes because idiots like you can’t help yourselves from heaping unreasonable praise on him while sh*tting on Mullin

No, you have to make Anderson out to be some bulletproof savior and post things like “night and day from Mullin,” “thank God for Anderson,” and “it’s amazing what a good coach can do [with a poor roster].” 

How is saying night and day or thank god for Anderson unreasonable praise or means he’s bulletproof?

The problem is you believe Mullin was a average coach with the potential to be good. So saying Anderson is better must mean he’s great and anything short of that is open to ridicule. The truth is Anderson is a good coach, Mullin was terrible. Any objective measurement would support that statement.

So yes Anderson picking up his 2nd victory over a top 25 team in his first season prior to conference play with the worst roster in the BE is what good coaching looks like. Especially when comparing it to Mullin who didn’t pick up his 2nd victory against a top 25 team until his 3rd season.

It doesn’t mean Anderson can walk on water, it just means we are better off regardless of how this season has turned out. Let’s judge Anderson after his 3rd season.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:58:03 PM by SJUFAN »

cjfish

« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2020, 08:24:08 PM »
That is clear to all but the four horsemen of stupidity. Tony D doesn’t know the difference between site and cite. Johnny23 and SJUFan can’t know how to use contractions. The fourth has privately acknowledged his mental disability and asked that I go easy on him.

The common denominator among the most ardent Anderson supporters is a clear lack of intelligence. It would be quite sad if they weren’t so easy to dislike.

There are no doubt bright Anderson supporters who think he is an improvement over Mullin.  Great player, poor coach.  But, like me, they refuse to have anything to do with this ridiculous thread.  Tired of it.  Lets all pray for a march miracle and painfully watch the rest of the season.

Marillac

« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2020, 08:44:58 PM »
How is saying night and day or thank god for Anderson unreasonable praise or bulletproof?

You and your crew post ten times a day with the same two themes:  Anderson is great and Mullin sucks.
You’ve been walking back your early claims out of necessity after this gross conference performance, but you still won’t admit you were wrong in any way shape or form.  You are like Donald Trump. You have a hundred posts about how great his offense is! He’s damn near ‘tarded in the half court on offense and everyone but the four of you can see it—even his other supporters concede to this.

Like I wrote earlier, the four of you are the reason why every poster that knocks Anderson so vigorously does so. That is why I accused you of hating Anderson. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

SJUFAN

« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2020, 10:16:38 PM »
You and your crew post ten times a day with the same two themes:  Anderson is great and Mullin sucks.
You’ve been walking back your early claims out of necessity after this gross conference performance, but you still won’t admit you were wrong in any way shape or form.  You are like Donald Trump. You have a hundred posts about how great his offense is! He’s damn near ‘tarded in the half court on offense and everyone but the four of you can see it—even his other supporters concede to this.

Like I wrote earlier, the four of you are the reason why every poster that knocks Anderson so vigorously does so. That is why I accused you of hating Anderson. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

You keep saying I’ve been walking back on earlier claims. Your confusing me with others. I made no predictions. I’ve always believed this roster was poor and never once stated where we’ll finish by seasons end. In fact I agreed with you when you stated we may still finish last after the Arizona win, and I posted such. The only thing I said that came remotely close to making a prediction was stating that if both Heron and LJ play well we could surprise this year. But I had my doubts as I’m not as high on LJ and Heron as many of you. They’re good role players but can’t carry a team. Their skill set is too limited.

Marillac

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2020, 10:32:00 PM »
You keep saying I’ve been walking back on earlier claims. Your confusing me with others. I made no predictions. I’ve always believed this roster was poor and never once stated where we’ll finish by seasons end. In fact I agreed with you when you stated we may still finish last after the Arizona win, and I posted such. The only thing I said that came remotely close to making a prediction was stating that if both Heron and LJ play well we could surprise this year. But I had my doubts as I’m not as high on LJ and Heron as many of you. They’re good role players but can’t carry a team. Their skill set is too limited.

You are the most prolific troll on either site...there is no confusing you. Several times I have quoted you and even provided links on occassion. It does nothing to slow down your stupidity.

If you hate Anderson with a passion then well played. Seriously. Your posts have been so insufferable that you’ve forced several posters to attack him. E.g., I think he’ll make the tournament next year and your posts force me to be negative towards him.

SJUFAN

« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
You are the most prolific troll on either site...there is no confusing you. Several times I have quoted you and even provided links on occassion. It does nothing to slow down your stupidity.

If you hate Anderson with a passion then well played. Seriously. Your posts have been so insufferable that you’ve forced several posters to attack him. E.g., I think he’ll make the tournament next year and your posts force me to be negative towards him.

You have a knack for avoiding the topic, which was I made no claims for this year. Stating you have quoted me and provided links several times isn’t proof of anything. I challenge you to provide that or man up and admit your error. You provided a quote I said for next year, great. It shouldn’t be a issue for you to find the ones you claim I said if it’s true.

As for next year I said if LJ returns I believe we can challenge for a tournament spot. That’s not trolling. That’s stating my expectations. You can disagree if you like, but those would be mine...for next year.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:01:01 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2020, 01:31:20 AM »
Um, see Carmine.
You rang.

I'll agree with the " notion that he is as good of a coach as we can get in 2019-2020".

I'm not ready to say that "he is an improvement over Mullin." until he has actually demonstrated that he is an improvement over Mullin. I hope that one day that statement rings true and I'll happily proclaim it. It certainly doesn't at 3 and 11 with the seasons most difficult stretch approaching. Thus far mostly he's demonstrated an ability to blow leads. Oh yeah...I almost forgot...and how to build a culture.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:29:33 AM by carmineabbatiello »

Marillac

« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2020, 01:39:50 AM »

Thanks for the homework assignment. Your 100 posts a week are in two topics. You could not post for a year and not one person would wonder what your opinion would be on anything.

Heron is as proven and as accomplished of a player as we’ve had in decades. To blame him instead of a coach that can’t utilize his abilities is absurd. What about not blaming anyone and just acknowledging that he isn’t a good fit? Is that so hard? Our second best player is playing poorly too. That is called supporting evidence. Everyone wanted LJ after last season. He could play at any school in the country.

Arkansas fans told us he didn’t know how to use Daniel Gafford, the #38 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, well last year either. It seems to be a pattern. The converse also seems to be true, though. He can get production from lesser players.

Concede that Anderson struggles in the half court right now or nobody will ever take you seriously.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:45:38 AM by Marillac »

SJUFAN

« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2020, 01:53:22 AM »
Thanks for the homework assignment. Your 100 posts a week are in two topics. You could not post for a year and not one person would wonder what your opinion would be on anything.

Heron is as proven and as accomplished of a player as we’ve had in decades. To blame him instead of a coach that can’t utilize his abilities is absurd. What about not blaming anyone and just acknowledging that he isn’t a good fit? Is that so hard? Our second best player is playing poorly too. That is called supporting evidence. Everyone wanted LJ after last season. He could play at any school in the country.

Arkansas fans told us he didn’t know how to use Daniel Gafford, the #38 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, well last year either. It seems to be a pattern. The converse also seems to be true, though. He can get production from lesser players.

Concede that Anderson struggles in the half court right now or nobody will ever take you seriously.

Is that your apology?

Let’s think objectively.

Can Anderson offense be better? Of course. But Heron and LJ was on the team last year. Last years team was deeper. Had 2 other NBA players on it. The BE was the weakest it has ever been and we finished 8-10.

As much as Anderson’s offense can improve, the team is bad. The BE coaches thought so much of LJ and Heron they picked us to finish 2nd to last.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:03:37 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2020, 02:17:50 AM »
Any objective measurement would support that statement.
Wins are objective and can be measured:

1st season   8-24
2nd season 14-19
3rd season  16-17
4th season  21-13*

*Ncaa tournament bid

Take note of the upward trajectory and the * footnote.

« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2020, 02:24:56 AM »
Last years team was deeper. 
Oh brother. Last years team had Bryan Trimble as a 6th man and no 7th man. Some depth.

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2020, 03:49:21 AM »
How is saying night and day or thank god for Anderson unreasonable praise or means he’s bulletproof?

The problem is you believe Mullin was a average coach with the potential to be good. So saying Anderson is better must mean he’s great and anything short of that is open to ridicule. The truth is Anderson is a good coach, Mullin was terrible. Any objective measurement would support that statement.

So yes Anderson picking up his 2nd victory over a top 25 team in his first season prior to conference play with the worst roster in the BE is what good coaching looks like. Especially when comparing it to Mullin who didn’t pick up his 2nd victory against a top 25 team until his 3rd season.

It doesn’t mean Anderson can walk on water, it just means we are better off regardless of how this season has turned out. Let’s judge Anderson after his 3rd season.

I love how you say that the win over a top 25 team in Arizona is because of Anderson, but when they blow leads to Seton Hall, Xavier, and others down the stretch of the game its on on the players because they don't have much talent. I just do not get it.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2020, 05:12:23 AM »
I love how you say that the win over a top 25 team in Arizona is because of Anderson, but when they blow leads to Seton Hall, Xavier, and others down the stretch of the game its on on the players because they don't have much talent. I just do not get it.

In science, it is called a confirmation bias. That is, you start with an idea or fact you want it to be true and only look at the evidence that confirms that idea or fact while ignore any counter-evidence.

TONYD3

« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2020, 09:24:11 AM »
Wins are objective and can be measured:

1st season   8-24
2nd season 14-19
3rd season  16-17
4th season  21-13*

*Ncaa tournament bid

Take note of the upward trajectory and the * footnote.
Oh brother. Last years team had Bryan Trimble as a 6th man and no 7th man. Some depth.
Take note of 2 last places out of 3. 3 of the worst seasons in school history. Take note of multiple players every year running away from coach mugggggglws. And take note of our amazing special season where our hero against all curses, and where coaches end up in graves took us to the night before the tournament. It was a 7th place magical season that will be remembered forever.  I for one can’t understand why mullin was shit canned after it. Their was clear upward trajectory.
In year 1 for 2 million muggglles couldn’t compete with the likes of Fordham and incarnate word. By year 4 coach mullin had Brian Trimble on TRUE TV.
I admit I was a little nervous at first, our hero didn’t look very confident. A 2 hour game was probably to long for him to pay attention. Once he realized he could play with his water bottle and sit on the scorers table. He seemed much better.
By year 2- someone for optics suggested that he stand for part of the game, like other coaches. If you weren’t really paying attention you couldn’t tell that he was an empty suit.
By year 3 the hero learned his most important lesson.  “Fxck you” every time he got bored he could curse at someone. At this point he was definitely part of the action.
Year 4- for the first time the hero felt comfortable to actually speak to his players. He wanted them to “stay sharpe”.  Clear upward trajectory. Still occasionally the hero might get bored. Rumor was year 5, NIKE Velcro shoes. That could have saved the day.
Mike Anderson isn’t only the best coach we could get at our commuter school. He is a good coach. His job is far from jeopardy. He is going to be here for a long time. I hope you losers keep this up. At times it’s shocking, muggggggles was that bad. Not almost ok. Maybe 2 or more games worse then norm. At times it gives me a laugh. That I appreciate and thank you all for.

TONYD3

« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2020, 09:36:27 AM »
I don’t understand what you don’t get. I was screaming at my TV against Arizona and was thrilled that we got the win. It was obvious that they had better players. 2/3 will be first round picks.
Even at halftime of the seton hall game I wasn’t confident we would win. I cheered like crazy. I wasn’t the slightest bit mad walking out of the garden. Our guys played hard.

Rutherford is probably my favorite player on the team. His effort is amazing, the problem is he stinks.
Champagnie plays 25 plus minutes, does he do that on any other team in the big east?
Earlington has decent production. Does he play for any other big east team?
Caraher is terrible
Is Roberts a big east center?
You guys are crazy. If Trimble like players are here in year 3 and 4, mike Anderson didn’t work out. He should get more time. The boys are playing hard. Not getting knockout or going through motions.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:37:39 AM by TONYD3 »

ras

« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2020, 03:03:31 PM »
You could make an argument they also had Roberts and Earlington, but they weren’t given enough preseason minutes against patsies to develop.

« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2020, 03:31:14 PM »
You could make an argument they also had Roberts and Earlington, but they weren’t given enough preseason minutes against patsies to develop.
Yes you could.

Or you could make the argument that these freshmen just weren't ready as Duke didn't know the difference between a field goal and a pick and roll at that point and Dr. Roberts weighed less than me and I'm way, way short of 6'. Additionally, you could argue that the patient way they were allowed to develop last season has led to the nothing short of a revelation that Earlington has been this season.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 03:31:52 PM by carmineabbatiello »

SJUFAN

« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »

Not argue, they did. Roberts, Earlington, Williams, and 4* big Keita.

SJUFAN

« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2020, 04:17:41 PM »
Yes you could.

Or you could make the argument that these freshmen just weren't ready as Duke didn't know the difference between a field goal and a pick and roll at that point and Dr. Roberts weighed less than me and I'm way, way short of 6'. Additionally, you could argue that the patient way they were allowed to develop last season has led to the nothing short of a revelation that Earlington has been this season.

Bottom line is we were deeper last year.