Steve Lavin
11-8 NCAA (0-2 with St. John’s)
1-2 NIT (all with St. John’s)
Made the tournament 6/7 years at UCLA

Shitcanned

Mike Anderson

17 years as a head coach with 0 losing seasons
1 losing season in 1 year at St. John’s
Has made the tournament 9x in 18 years as a head coach including making 6 of his first 9 and earning 7 of his 9 career NCAA wins (bad sign).
*In his last 10 seasons Anderson is 2-3 in the NCAA tournament and 2-2 in the NIT—at a better programs than St. John’s.

It doesn’t matter what someone does before St. John’s. They won’t make it here.

Marillac

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »
You must live under a rock. The college basketball world laughed at St. John's throughout the entire process. Mike Cragg looked an amateur (which he is). Hurley, Moser, & Odom all publicly turned down the job after offers. Tim Cluess pulled his name out of consideration. They then hired Anderson in a 24 hr period after it was reported that James Jones was going to get the job. If you don't believe me, Google it if your memory is that shot from Mullin's nuts smacking your forehead.

He’s so stupid. We not only embarrassed our program and school, we embarrassed the entire conference.

We also let it be known with certainty that non-football conferences can’t compete for top coaches. To be fair that was suspicion but we removed any and all doubt.

Or coaching search was a debacle. It was like some kid professing his love to a girl at a pep rally with the whole school watching, getting turned down in brutal fashion, and then trying it with two other girls.

« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2020, 02:02:16 PM »
So again I don’t understand your point. 
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
- AE

Foad

« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »
Tim cluess didn’t pull his name out of anything. If he was offered he would have taken the job.

"Iona head coach Tim Cluess withdrew his name from consideration for the head coaching vacancy at St. John's. Cluess, who at one point was reported to be the frontrunner to replace Chris Mullin, is the second coach to turn down the Red Storm. Loyola-Chicago head coach Porter Moser declined to take the job earlier this week. "

https://www.si.com/college/2019/04/18/iona-tim-cluess-st-johns-chris-mullin-replacement

etc

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/college/iona/2019/04/18/tim-cluess-withdraws-name-saint-johns-job-stays-iona-college/3505640002/

etc

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jppelzman/2019/04/18/count-tim-cluess-among-those-who-are-tired-of-the-st-johns-coach-search-saga/#910c15e24214

etc

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2831937-ionas-tim-cluess-rejects-st-johns-head-coach-job-vacated-by-chris-mullin

Foad

« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2020, 02:14:23 PM »
The college basketball world laughed at St. John's throughout the entire process.

And they haven't stopped: Clark Kellog and Seth Davis laughed at us three days ago at halftime on national television.

SJUFAN

« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2020, 05:33:06 PM »
I know you are world class in stupidity, but how is it possible for even you to not get my clear point?
Saying someone is “not absent flaw” or is not perfect isn’t a concession of any kind. It literally describes every human being that has ever lived.

It does nothing to differentiate anyone. Let’s have it your way...Mullin was not absent flaw. Anderson is not absent flaw. Let’s never compare them again. Case closed. Cheers.

You don’t even know what your point is how could anyone else. Context is everything. You said, “as a coach”... “as a coach” that’s the context. Why would you apply my response outside of the context that is being discussed then accuse me of not following along is straight out the A.D.D handbook.

I thought you increased your meds? I’m worried for you.

« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2020, 02:18:36 AM »
I remember it very well. I would have been ok with any of the guys up for the job. Yes Hurley said no. As did porter moser. How is that embarrassing?
Within 10 days we made a great hire. Basically anyone would have been an upgrade. But lucky for me. We got someone that I like.
Tim cluess didn’t pull his name out of anything. If he was offered he would have taken the job. At that point no one in the basketball world was laughing.

Totally agree with Redy2Rumble. How is it not embarrassing? Moser and Odom coach at 2 mid major schools and they did not want to take a job in the Big East......Tim Cluess who attended St. John's took his name out of consideration when he coaches at Iona....None of these coaches wanted to take a job at a Big east school in new york who plays home games at the worlds most famous arena, that my friend is a joke.

« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2020, 02:21:15 AM »
Also, our biggest donor and alumni, Mike Repole openly blasted the coaching search on WFAN. I think he would know more than anyone. He even stated that it was a debate and a total joke, and that he didn't want to be involved anymore.

TONYD3

« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »
Totally agree with Redy2Rumble. How is it not embarrassing? Moser and Odom coach at 2 mid major schools and they did not want to take a job in the Big East......Tim Cluess who attended St. John's took his name out of consideration when he coaches at Iona....None of these coaches wanted to take a job at a Big east school in new york who plays home games at the worlds most famous arena, that my friend is a joke.
Embarrassing is getting killed in the big east tournament. Embarrassing is giving up 100 points. Embarrassing is watching your coach curse at people while the game is going around without him. The day we hired mike Anderson people stopped laughing at us.
Some of you should have discussions about basketball with others. The entire basketball world knew he was an empty suit. Did anyone of you here John Goodman the basketball reporter talk about mullin? He says the same as me.
Ready2rumble thinks mullin should have been given an extension. Carmine would say post something stupid like that. But he really knows.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:14:18 AM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #429 on: February 27, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »
Embarrassing is getting killed in the big east tournament. Embarrassing is giving up 100 points. Embarrassing is watching your coach curse at people while the game is going around without him. 
Embarrassing is 3 and 15 with two 2nd team all BE selections.

« Reply #430 on: February 27, 2020, 09:37:42 AM »
Embarrassing is getting killed in the big east tournament. Embarrassing is giving up 100 points. Embarrassing is watching your coach curse at people while the game is going around without him. The day we hired mike Anderson people stopped laughing at us.
Some of you should have discussions about basketball with others. The entire basketball world knew he was an empty suit. Did anyone of you here John Goodman the basketball reporter talk about mullin? He says the same as me.
Ready2rumble thinks mullin should have been given an extension. Carmine would say post something stupid like that. But he really knows.

John Goodman was great in The Big Lebowski

Hate to break it to you people laughed at St. John's with Mullin and Anderson.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

« Reply #431 on: February 27, 2020, 09:49:45 AM »

Cut him some slack. He obviously meant basketball writer Jeff Goldblum.

« Reply #432 on: February 27, 2020, 09:59:23 AM »
Cut him some slack. He obviously meant basketball writer Jeff Goldblum.

lol
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #433 on: February 27, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »

I mean yeah all of that is embarrassing as well, but what does that have to do with the coaching search being embarrassing?

The sad thing is Dave is right.....we were  a joke under Mullin and still a joke so far under Anderson. Will that change? Time will tell.

TONYD3

« Reply #434 on: February 27, 2020, 10:26:49 AM »
I mean yeah all of that is embarrassing as well, but what does that have to do with the coaching search being embarrassing?

The sad thing is Dave is right.....we were  a joke under Mullin and still a joke so far under Anderson. Will that change? Time will tell.
If watched the game last night and saw the team as a joke, I feel bad for you.
April 9th we didn’t have a coach. April 19th we did. Tim cluess wasn’t offered the job. I know that for a fact.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:30:24 AM by TONYD3 »

TONYD3

« Reply #435 on: February 27, 2020, 10:28:26 AM »

Hate to break it to you people laughed at St. John's with Mullin and Anderson.
Jeff Goodman. Once again Dave, you observed the same things I did. Unless you are blind and deaf.

SJUFAN

« Reply #436 on: February 27, 2020, 10:39:13 AM »

Embarrassing is going 4-14 with 3 NBA players. Going 3-15 with the worst roster in the BE is called rebuilding. One of the announcers last night stated “this is the roster Anderson inherited, help is on the way next year”.

TONYD3

« Reply #437 on: February 27, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »
Also, our biggest donor and alumni, Mike Repole openly blasted the coaching search on WFAN. I think he would know more than anyone. He even stated that it was a debate and a total joke, and that he didn't want to be involved anymore.
It’s all perspective. I was cheering in my car listening to that. I felt no shame. I felt relief. Either you believe in Cragg or you don’t. Cragg believes we can win here. The repole interview was great. The only thing he didn’t do was put blame on the hero. I don’t remember the date of the I interview. But from memory we got a new coach close to it.

TONYD3

« Reply #438 on: February 27, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
Your a liar. We have 0 all big east selections on the team.

« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2020, 11:30:59 AM »
Continue to maintain you never take a shot at Anderson. Doctors say there is no medicine like a good hearty laugh and you provide multiple ones on a daily basis. 2 all BE selections? Hahahaha! Pre season-guess they should just hand out the trophies before the season plays out. One of them has been injury riddled all season but then you knew that. You were just providing us with a good healthy hearty laugh. Hahahaha.