Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK

• 491 replies

cjfish

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #460 on: February 27, 2020, 06:14:28 PM »
Yes, there were embarrassing seasons under Mullin. That's what made the 4th season triumph all the more sweeter.  Who was the last coach we had no embarrassing seasons under. Fran?
Triumph?? You are being silly.  Last year was an epic fold with good talent.

SJUFAN

« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
Anderson has done as poorly with this team as any coach in SJU history would have done.

So it’s the roster and not the coach. Thanks for playing numnuts.

cjfish

« Reply #462 on: February 27, 2020, 06:22:45 PM »
Your a liar. We have 0 all big east selections on the team.

THis team will forever in my mind be the gang who couldn't shoot straight.  Herons health hurt leaving only LJ as a consistent threat and opponents key on him and he is forced to take bad shots.  It is not on the coach, he cant shoot it for them.  The team hustles and produces good stats consistently but just cant score.  At the end of the game you have two choices, Dunn or LJ trying to force something with no point guard to set them up.  Too bad McGriff got hurt, I think he would have helped and will next year.

Foad

« Reply #463 on: February 27, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
The team hustles and produces good stats consistently but just cant score. 

Yeah, no. SJ is

10th in PF per game
10th in D reb allowed
8th in 3 pt FG allowed
7th in points allowed
6th in eFG allowed

and that's the defense, which is allegedly their strength. Not saying the offense isn't as bad, because it is. They absolutely stink on both sides of the ball. But they're not losing because they can't shoot, they're losing because the defense is atrocious.

« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2020, 07:51:00 PM »
Yeah, no. SJ is

10th in PF per game
10th in D reb allowed
8th in 3 pt FG allowed
7th in points allowed
6th in eFG allowed

and that's the defense, which is allegedly their strength. Not saying the offense isn't as bad, because it is. They absolutely stink on both sides of the ball. But they're not losing because they can't shoot, they're losing because the defense is atrocious.

Def reb allowed has zero to do with defense and everything to do with not making shots.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:39 PM »

Agreed last year was disappointing considering the potential.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2020, 10:57:24 PM »
You have nothing against the kid but you just called him a quitter. 
Already established that you don't understand my points. So, I'm not surprised that the use of caveats, disclaimers or the slightest nuance such as: "I've got nothing against the kid and don't know the details";  "didn't, or couldn't" ; and "outwardly" he "might' went sailing clear over your head.

« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2020, 10:59:26 PM »
If Gil Scott is Heron he recently under went ankle surgery so no LoVett comparison is in order.
I hadn't heard that. Surprised it wasn't on the board. I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2020, 11:05:01 PM »
Are you telling me that you can't see the triumph on Union of Utopia of an Ncaa tournament bid season while as we speak we're mired in the midst of a 3-15 no tournament bid disaster?

Mind boggling the mental contortions and gymnastics you guys will go through just to hate on my favorite programs Babe Ruth.

« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2020, 11:43:38 PM »
Also, our biggest donor and alumni, Mike Repole openly blasted the coaching search on WFAN. I think he would know more than anyone. He even stated that it was a debate and a total joke, and that he didn't want to be involved anymore.

Probably our biggest potential donor, but not the biggest to date.  Think he talks more than he contributes.

« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2020, 02:59:36 AM »
Probably our biggest potential donor, but not the biggest to date.  Think he talks more than he contributes.

This is true. He was a big contributor during the Lavin years. He was one of the main reasons Lav was hired. Then Bobby G came along.

cjfish

« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2020, 09:04:40 AM »
Are you telling me that you can't see the triumph on Union of Utopia of an Ncaa tournament bid season while as we speak we're mired in the midst of a 3-15 no tournament bid disaster?

love mullin and had great hopes for his tenure but he disappointed as a coach. And the team did fold  horribly. if you can’t see that you’re blind

Mind boggling the mental contortions and gymnastics you guys will go through just to hate on my favorite programs Babe Ruth.

« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2020, 10:51:45 AM »
Mullin had one triumphant season.

Hollywood had 2 and was darn close to 2 more.

Norm had none.

Jarvis had several including the unheard of holy grail. An actual tournament win. However, it ended in scandal.

I'm only going back this century.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:58:55 PM by carmineabbatiello »

derk

« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2020, 01:59:50 PM »
THis team will forever in my mind be the gang who couldn't shoot straight.  Herons health hurt leaving only LJ as a consistent threat and opponents key on him and he is forced to take bad shots.  It is not on the coach, he cant shoot it for them.  The team hustles and produces good stats consistently but just cant score.  At the end of the game you have two choices, Dunn or LJ trying to force something with no point guard to set them up.  Too bad McGriff got hurt, I think he would have helped and will next year.

The biggest mystery is what the hell happened to Figgy.

Marillac

« Reply #474 on: February 28, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »
So it’s the roster and not the coach. Thanks for playing numnuts.

Do you really think “numnuts” looks correct? You spell phonetically like a small child. Try harder, numbskull.

SJUFAN

« Reply #475 on: February 28, 2020, 04:32:17 PM »
Do you really think “numnuts” looks correct? You spell phonetically like a small child. Try harder, numbskull.

Maybe I don’t care geek. Lucky for me this is a basketball forum where we discuss basketball logic and not a spelling or grammar forum. Makes sense why you struggle with your idiotic takes.

Take your pocket protector and your playboy book and hide out in the bushes and play with yourself. Your a fraud who pretends to know something about basketball.

Foad

« Reply #476 on: February 28, 2020, 05:15:52 PM »

SJUFAN

« Reply #477 on: February 28, 2020, 09:10:57 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #478 on: February 28, 2020, 09:38:31 PM »

Take your pocket protector and your playboy book and hide out in the bushes and play with yourself. Your a fraud who pretends to know something about basketball.

Playboy is a magazine.

The rest of that is just troubling. How many people did you encounter masturbating in bushes as a child? Did you tell anyone at the time? Traumatic events like that could help explain why your growth in some areas has been so severely stunted. Thank you for sharing. I’m sure volunteering that kind of personal information can’t be easy.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #479 on: February 29, 2020, 03:02:09 AM »
Playboy is a magazine.

Well, you don't know for sure ... SJUFAN could have had it "hard" bound?