Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK

• 491 replies

Foad

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2020, 09:45:22 AM »
I've been getting the feeling lately that Anderson doesn't have much of an interest in moving forward with the guys he didn't bring in here. I hope Roberts and Earlington stay as they clearly have much higher upside than Anderson guy Sears but Roberts lack of PT lately is puzzling and a bad sign.

If we're entering the offseason with just Anderson's guys plus Earlington then we're at looking at 4 spots to fill. Anderson is gonna need to pull a rabbit out of his hat or we're looking at 9th or 10th place again next year. 

It certainly looks like he's coaching for, well not next year, we're going to stink be rebuilding again next year, but maybe the year after. It also looks like he's trying to give various players reasons to leave, which is a little unseemly. These are after all student athletes who committed to the university on the theory that it would mold them into admirable young men with skills for life. You'd think it didn't matter who recruited them, but it seems to. If so, very classy.

TONYD3

« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2020, 10:48:05 AM »
You mean he was such a great coach that he makes it to the tournament without even trying? That is remarkable.
20-59 with 40 plus knockouts will be remembered. Losing a game on true tv the day before the tournament isn’t that important. Just another beat down

TONYD3

« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2020, 10:48:38 AM »
It certainly looks like he's coaching for, well not next year, we're going to stink be rebuilding again next year, but maybe the year after. It also looks like he's trying to give various players reasons to leave, which is a little unseemly. These are after all student athletes who committed to the university on the theory that it would mold them into admirable young men with skills for life. You'd think it didn't matter who recruited them, but it seems to. If so, very classy.

This can’t be serious?

Marillac

« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »

Curbelo was going to be a Johnny. He was at plenty of our games.

Femi wanted a guaranteed startng spot.

Mullin refused to play ball with several demands from recruits and players. That is one of the reasons successful guys, especially those with morals, have a hard time cutting it against some of these sleaze ball coaches that dot the college basketball landscape.

Marillac

« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2020, 11:31:13 AM »
Simon was DPOY in the BE so obviously he had talent. You could suck on offense and still be talented, el dopeo! Surely the roster was more talented than a 7th place, below .500 conference finish in a weak Big East. But don't let facts get in the way.

You are fixated on 7th place in the Big East because you are too simple to weigh the season as a whole and then compare to the rest of the conference.

Luckily there was a committee who did that for you. They deemed St. John’s worthy of entry into the field of 68. They only deemed FOUR teams from the conference worthy, and we were one. That should end the conversation for anyone with a triple-digit IQ.

Reaching the tournament is quite an achievement at St. John’s this century.

Anderson would have won 3-4 games with last year’s roster.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:34:05 AM by Marillac »

Johnny23

« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
You are fixated on 7th place in the Big East because you are too simple to weigh the season as a whole and then compare to the rest of the conference.

Luckily there was a committee who did that for you. They deemed St. John’s worthy of entry into the field of 68. They only deemed FOUR teams from the conference worthy, and we were one. That should end the conversation for anyone with a triple-digit IQ.

Reaching the tournament is quite an achievement at St. John’s this century.

Anderson would have won 3-4 games with last year’s roster.

Don't forget to mention that SJU was the last team from the Big East, and team #68 selected into the tourney, in a weak conference year that didn't even have one team survive the first weekend of the dance. But keep stretching to support your woefully weak argument.

Marillac

« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2020, 11:47:26 AM »
Williams seems well suited for this system and he is positioned to take on a bigger role when Heron and LJ depart.

Roberts would be wise to to stay put. I think his limited play has a lot to do with our inability to open up most of our conference games. He’s just not very effective in the half court.

I don’t really understand what Anderson is looking for in a recruit yet. I actually liked his Arkansas team when I saw them play SH in the tournament a few years ago and even posted about here live. That team had a ton of jacked players. Look at that roster...some of those kids could have played football. Strength obviously plays a factor in his system.

Now he’s recruiting beanpoles like Cole and Moore with trucks like Wusu and Posh (Champagnie and Sears as well).

Marillac

« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »
Don't forget to mention that SJU was the last team from the Big East, and team #68 selected into the tourney, in a weak conference year that didn't even have one team survive the first weekend of the dance. But keep stretching to support your woefully weak argument.

I’ll take that, babe. That makes it a top five season for us this century, and we are already into our third decade. Time to face reality and take a good long look in the mirror. This is St. John’s now.

TONYD3

« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »
Mullin refused to play ball with several demands from recruits and players. That is one of the reasons successful guys, especially those with morals, have a hard time cutting it against some of these sleaze ball coaches that dot the college basketball landscape.
Successful guys? He didn’t even contact one of the best players in the area in curbello. And he didn’t even show up to on campus meeting with femi.
The guy was a bum

« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »
I starting to believe that you really believe the non sense that you post.
I'll just throw it out there to the board because we've already established that you're incapable of understanding the very simple points I make.

After this year Ewing will be 0 for 3 in tournament bids. Next year he'll be 0 for 4. Mullin went 1 for 4. Therefore, it's easily deduced that he's a better coach than Ewing.

Similarly, Mullins 1 for 4 is better than Norm's 0 for 6. Yet, you believe Norm >> Mullin with your twisted no logic.

Marillac

« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2020, 01:46:57 PM »
I'll just throw it out there to the board because we've already established that you're incapable of understanding the very simple points I make.

After this year Ewing will be 0 for 3 in tournament bids. Next year he'll be 0 for 4. Mullin went 1 for 4. Therefore, it's easily deduced that he's a better coach than Ewing.

Similarly, Mullins 1 for 4 is better than Norm's 0 for 6. Yet, you believe Norm >> Mullin with your twisted no logic.

Don’t respond to that nitwit. He just questioned whether Mullin was successful when he was hired.

A gym teacher who posts on a sports fan site during class just questioned whether a two-time NBA Hall of Fame inductee was successful😂

« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
40 plus knockouts will be remembered.
You do realize that the sport you've been watching all these years is not boxing but basketball, don't you. Losing by 1 is the same as losing by 40 if you're not betting on the games. Actually, even if you think you've been watching boxing - losing on points or by TKO is the same as on a knockout if your not betting on the games.
Losing a game on true tv the day before the tournament isn’t that important.
That's not true(tv). It wasn't important only to you, and the other traitors, because your twisted hatred of our hero made it so. To fans of perennial losing basketball programs everywhere, like St. John's, it's very important. A virtual measuring stick of a successful season.

TONYD3

« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »
You do realize that the sport you've been watching all these years is not boxing but basketball, don't you. Losing by 1 is the same as losing by 40 if you're not betting on the games. Actually, even if you think you've been watching boxing - losing on points or by TKO is the same as on a knockout if your not betting on the games. That's not true(tv). It wasn't important only to you, and the other traitors, because your twisted hatred of our hero made it so. To fans of perennial losing basketball programs everywhere, like St. John's, it's very important. A virtual measuring stick of a successful season.
Anderson is losing games. He is not embarrassing himself or the school. You can’t say that about your boy. Even though you have tried over and over again.

TONYD3

« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2020, 02:56:32 PM »
Don’t respond to that nitwit. He just questioned whether Mullin was successful when he was hired.

A gym teacher who posts on a sports fan site during class just questioned whether a two-time NBA Hall of Fame inductee was successful😂
You are getting old. You have told us many times that you are not a pussy. But you are not built like Mustapha heron any more. (You probably never were).
I am sorry you lost an argument over a month ago. Your retaliation has been amusing. How many times have you attacked our coach? How many people have you called names? Why? Just because your feelings got hurt? I am sorry Marillac, can’t we have some common ground? Mullin was really ok. Almost good. At worst 2 games worse then Anderson.
I have a bet for you. I will bet you anything. By this time next year I bet your an Anderson fan. You are that full of crap. It will be amusing to watch you backtrack again.
20-59 will never be forgotten
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:20:25 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2020, 03:16:46 PM »
You do realize that the sport you've been watching all these years is not boxing but basketball, don't you. Losing by 1 is the same as losing by 40 if you're not betting on the games. Actually, even if you think you've been watching boxing - losing on points or by TKO is the same as on a knockout if your not betting on the games. That's not true(tv). It wasn't important only to you, and the other traitors, because your twisted hatred of our hero made it so. To fans of perennial losing basketball programs everywhere, like St. John's, it's very important. A virtual measuring stick of a successful season.
So you would rather attend a game and watch your team play like shit and lose by 40 than to watch them play competitively and lose by one. OK

Foad

« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »
This can’t be serious?

Hot Dog Day Afternoon

Act II Scene 2

<A middle aged balding man dressed Chinese knock off velour track suit and a white polo shirt tucked in so it hugs his love handles sits in front of the remains of his meal: a Dave’s Hot n Juicy 3/4 pound Triple with Cheese, Bacon & Cheese Baked Potato and a large chocolate Frosty. Around his neck is a whistle on a string. The man dabs at a ketchup stain on his shirt with a paper napkin, shrugs, wipes his mouth with his sleeve, retrieves his phone from his sweat pants pocket and dials.>

Hi Ma.

Tony? Is it Tony? Hi hon. Where are you? It's loud.

Wendy's ma. Just had lunch.

Wendy's? What about your diet?

It's okay ma, Tuesday's my cheat day. Plus I just had a salad anyway.

I'm so proud of you hon ... Tony, if you're calling about your laundry I haven't done it yet. I worked a double at the King Kullen today and my dogs are barking. I'll do it in the morning.

That's okay ma, take your time. No worries. Hey ma, remember my friend foady?

Yes hon of course I remember your friend foady, you mention him every time you call ... Tony I have to ask you a question and you have to tell mommy the truth no matter what. Promise?

Sure ma, what is it?

Tony, this foady, is he your boyfriend?

What? Ma. No.

Because it's okay if he is.

Ma I -

No Tony, you let mommy finish. You talk about this foady all the time and you always mention his privates and his bottom. You haven't had a girlfriend in I don't know how long. You spend every day with half naked sweaty teenage boys and I know what teenage boys are like, I had two. Between you and your brother there wasn't a clean sock in the house. And then there was when you was an altar boy with that awful Father Bruttiboni, the one who went to jail like that gym teacher Mister Sandusky. If you're funny Tony, you tell mommy now.

Come on ma. Look. In the first place it's physical education teacher, not gym teacher, okay? In the second place nothing happened that time with Father Bruttiboni in the rectory basement, I told the police that, he just fell on top of me during vespers and we got all tangled up and then Sister Struffoli walked in and found us. I don't have a girlfriend because I don't have time. Like the other night I had to watch parts of twelve college basketball games to learn enough so that someday I can get a coveted jay vee coaching position. So I don't have time for girls. And I don't want to watch teen age boys shower and make sure they soap up their tight glistening torsos and clean their taints ma, I have to. It's my job. I mean ma, I love being a physical education teacher. I love it all. Dodge ball. Floor hockey. Greco Roman wrestling. The feeling I get when I put Butch in my mouth and blow -

Tony! My god!

Ma, Butch is what I call my favorite whistle, after my childhood idol Butch Carter. Ma, when I put Butch in my mouth and blow and everyone stops what they're doing and looks at me, it's like magical! It's the best feeling ever. Not to mention I get summer's off so I can go to the beach. That's why I'm dieting, so that next summer I can take my shirt off when I go to Fire Island.

Okay Tony okay. Enough already. Maybe stop protesting so much. I just wanted you to know that your father and I discussed it and if you ever have anything you want to get off your chest you can come to us whatever it is and we'll still love you. So tell mommy what's up with your friend foady anyway.

Oh nothing ma, sometimes he just acts so superior because he knows how to spell words used in nursery rhymes and what parts of speeches are called and how to use questioning marks and ejaculation points. Just because I dont have enough words to make peoples understands me the way they understands his doesn't mean I don't know things he doesn't know I knows. But he treats me a like a mamaluke. And I'm not! I'm smart! Not like everybody says, like dumb. I'm smart and I want respect!

Now Tony stop, don't get overheated. You have a temper like your father. Maybe you should forget this foady and find someone else to play with.

Maybe I will ma. Say how's pop anyway.

Madonna mia! your father's gonna be the death of me. The other day I made a beautiful chicken picatta before my shift at the King Kullen and I told your father I said Petey, put it in the oven on bake 45 minutes before dinner and he said yeah yeah yeah. Well he must have been distracted watching that tramp Bret Somer on Ten Thousand Dollar Pyramid because he put the chicken in the oven all right but he forgot to turn the oven on and he ended up eating the chicken raw! Two helpings! Now he has the squirts something awful. Back and forth to the toilet for three days now. You should say hi, I'll call him.

I can't now ma, I have to get back to school. I'll talk to him Saturday when I pick up my laundry. Do you think it'll be done by then? I only have a couple pair of clean underwears left.

I don't know if you'll have too many more clean pair when I'm done, for the life of me I can't get these stains out. You need to do a better job when you wipe hon.

I'm careful ma, I am, it's just that sometimes when I'm on the train it's swaying and there's all those stops and starts and I get jostled around. It's hard to do a good job.

Okay hon okay don't get exercised. I'll presoak them in bleach and Oxy 10, that's how I do your fathers.

Okay ma, I gotta run, love you. Say hi to poop for me. Did I say poop? I meant pop obviously.

Okay Tony, love you, bye.

Bye.

<and scene>

« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »
Hot Dog Day Afternoon

Act II Scene 2

<A middle aged balding man dressed Chinese knock off velour track suit and a white polo shirt tucked in so it hugs his love handles sits in front of the remains of his meal: a Dave’s Hot n Juicy 3/4 pound Triple with Cheese, Bacon & Cheese Baked Potato and a large chocolate Frosty. Around his neck is a whistle on a string. The man dabs at a ketchup stain on his shirt with a paper napkin, shrugs, wipes his mouth with his sleeve, retrieves his phone from his sweat pants pocket and dials.>

Hi Ma.

I'm so proud of you hon ... Tony, if you're calling about your laundry I haven't done it yet. I worked a double at the King Kullen today and my dogs are barking. I'll do it in the morning.

Yes hon of course I remember your friend foady, you mention him every time you call ... Tony I have to ask you a question and you have to tell mommy the truth no matter what. Promise?

Sure ma, what is it?

What? Ma. No.

Ma I -

No Tony, you let mommy finish. You talk about this foady all the time and you always mention his privates and his bottom. You haven't had a girlfriend in I don't know how long. You spend every day with half naked sweaty teenage boys and I know what teenage boys are like, I had two. Between you and your brother there wasn't a clean sock in the house. And then there was when you was an altar boy with that awful Father Bruttiboni, the one who went to jail like that gym teacher Mister Sandusky. If you're funny Tony, you tell mommy now.

Come on ma. Look. In the first place it's physical education teacher, not gym teacher, okay? In the second place nothing happened that time with Father Bruttiboni in the rectory basement, I told the police that, he just fell on top of me during vespers and we got all tangled up and then Sister Struffoli walked in and found us. I don't have a girlfriend because I don't have time. Like the other night I had to watch parts of twelve college basketball games to learn enough so that someday I can get a coveted jay vee coaching position. So I don't have time for girls. And I don't want to watch teen age boys shower and make sure they soap up their tight glistening torsos and clean their taints ma, I have to. It's my job. I mean ma, I love being a physical education teacher. I love it all. Dodge ball. Floor hockey. Greco Roman wrestling. The feeling I get when I put Butch in my mouth and blow -

Tony! My god!

Ma, Butch is what I call my favorite whistle, after my childhood idol Butch Carter. Ma, when I put Butch in my mouth and blow and everyone stops what they're doing and looks at me, it's like magical! It's the best feeling ever. Not to mention I get summer's off so I can go to the beach. That's why I'm dieting, so that next summer I can take my shirt off when I go to Fire Island.

Okay Tony okay. Enough already. Maybe stop protesting so much. I just wanted you to know that your father and I discussed it and if you ever have anything you want to get off your chest you can come to us whatever it is and we'll still love you. So tell mommy what's up with your friend foady anyway.

Oh nothing ma, sometimes he just acts so superior because he knows how to spell words used in nursery rhymes and what parts of speeches are called and how to use questioning marks and ejaculation points. Just because I dont have enough words to make peoples understands me the way they understands his doesn't mean I don't know things he doesn't know I knows. But he treats me a like a mamaluke. And I'm not! I'm smart! Not like everybody says, like dumb. I'm smart and I want respect!

Now Tony stop, don't get overheated. You have a temper like your father. Maybe you should forget this foady and find someone else to play with.

Madonna mia! your father's gonna be the death of me. The other day I made a beautiful chicken picatta before my shift at the King Kullen and I told your father I said Petey, put it in the oven on bake 45 minutes before dinner and he said yeah yeah yeah. Well he must have been distracted watching that tramp Bret Somer on Ten Thousand Dollar Pyramid because he put the chicken in the oven all right but he forgot to turn the oven on and he ended up eating the chicken raw! Two helpings! Now he has the squirts something awful. Back and forth to the toilet for three days now. You should say hi, I'll call him.

I can't now ma, I have to get back to school. I'll talk to him Saturday when I pick up my laundry. Do you think it'll be done by then? I only have a couple pair of clean underwears left.

I don't know if you'll have too many more clean pair when I'm done, for the life of me I can't get these stains out. You need to do a better job when you wipe hon.

I'm careful ma, I am, it's just that sometimes when I'm on the train it's swaying and there's all those stops and starts and I get jostled around. It's hard to do a good job.

Okay hon okay don't get exercised. I'll presoak them in bleach and Oxy 10, that's how I do your fathers.

Okay ma, I gotta run, love you. Say hi to poop for me. Did I say poop? I meant pop obviously.

Bye.

<and scene>

Lol what a bunch of characters on this site

Marillac

« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2020, 07:32:46 PM »
Hot Dog Day Afternoon

Act II Scene 2

Hi Ma.

Sure ma, what is it?

What? Ma. No.

Ma I -

Tony! My god!

Bye.

<and scene>

Spot on.

The pressure of hiding his true sexuality from his family must be unbearable if he needs to come here and drop so many breadcrumbs for posters to follow.

The over/under on trannies he’s been with is 40. I’ll take the over on that bet, but I have a feeling he prefers the under in those rendezvous. #powerbottom

Marillac

« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »
#40KOs

« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2020, 08:15:11 PM »
#40KOs
Read your last two posts and I'm the one with the poor sense of humor? Also Musslehead whom you deify as a coach is 4-6 in the league (Arkansas/SEC) and is down right now at 13-10 Tennessee by 17 in the second half.