Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK

• 491 replies

Poison

Re: Mullin - Anderson Thread ***READ AT OWN RISK
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »
Don’t respond to that nitwit. He just questioned whether Mullin was successful when he was hired.

A gym teacher who posts on a sports fan site during class just questioned whether a two-time NBA Hall of Fame inductee was successful😂

Look who think he’s a coastal elite.

« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2020, 09:16:49 PM »
So you would rather attend a game and watch your team play like shit and lose by 40 than to watch them play competitively and lose by one. OK
No. Don't put words in my mouth.

If I'm attending a game live I'm obviously there to be entertained. I know that close games are more entertaining then blowouts. But when it comes to pre and post season tournament advancement, losing by 1 is the same as losing by 40. When pundits are punditing about post season tournament berths, they speak of quality wins and quality losses. Not quality losses or wins by 1 or 40. When the tournament committee looks at quad 1, 2 etc. wins and losses, they are not looking at quad wins or losses by 1 or 40.

Make sense?

« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2020, 09:49:37 PM »
No. Don't put words in my mouth.

If I'm attending a game live I'm obviously there to be entertained. I know that close games are more entertaining then blowouts. But when it comes to pre and post season tournament advancement, losing by 1 is the same as losing by 40. When pundits are punditing about post season tournament berths, they speak of quality wins and quality losses. Not quality losses or wins by 1 or 40. When the tournament committee looks at quad 1, 2 etc. wins and losses, they are not looking at quad wins or losses by 1 or 40.

Make sense?
First of all they do to my knowledge differentiate between wins of less than 10 vs more than 10 but to me I really don't give a load about that stuff. As far as I'm concerned they can take their Quad whatever and shove it. I'm talking about wanting your team to be and play as good and as well as possible at all times be it in a win or a loss so my point was I'd rather be competitive and lose by one than get blown out and lose by 40. When they announce the field for the NCAA I accept it I really don't give a rat's patootie about the metrics used to arrive at THEIR decision since I have no control over it.

« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2020, 11:06:54 PM »
First of all they do to my knowledge differentiate between wins of less than 10 vs more than 10 
I did not know that. If so, I change my position to there's no difference between wins or losses of 10 or 40.

SJUFAN

« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2020, 02:12:20 AM »
In other news...the great Eric Musselman, having inherited the SEC leading scorer, has opened up conference play to an outstanding 4-7 record.

Johnny23

« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2020, 07:11:53 AM »
In other news...the great Eric Musselman, having inherited the SEC leading scorer, has opened up conference play to an outstanding 4-7 record.

Wait, but according to Crackerllac, Musselman is an elite coach. Between Mullin and Musselman they sure have a funny definition of elite. At least have a winning conference record just once.

TONYD3

« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2020, 08:10:41 AM »
Spot on.

The pressure of hiding his true sexuality from his family must be unbearable if he needs to come here and drop so many breadcrumbs for posters to follow.

The over/under on trannies he’s been with is 40. I’ll take the over on that bet, but I have a feeling he prefers the under in those rendezvous. #powerbottom
Got home late last night and this is what I found. Foady is an old guy just trying to participate. Don’t know why he is here. He doesn’t seem to like St. John’s basketball. I read a bit of his story. The whistle part was a funny.
But you loser. You think you made me cry? I was crying laughing at you again. That was your comeback? If I slept with 4000 trannys that wouldn’t change the fact that your boy was a lazy bum.
Ps had to google power bottom. Is their something that you are not telling us?

Johnny23

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2020, 05:27:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/LuHiBasketball/status/1228352805842378755

LuHi Basketball
Been in the gym way more than the last staff, its appreciated!

Wow. Great to see the new staff building these relationships.

« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2020, 07:20:40 PM »
Wait, but according to Crackerllac, Musselman is an elite coach. Between Mullin and Musselman they sure have a funny definition of elite. At least have a winning conference record just once.

Give Marillac a break...At times he speaks without thinking and makes outlandish comments that are not well thought out....with that said, I do think he wants what is best for Johnnies. He just has an awkward approach....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 07:25:14 PM by Johnnies93!! »

Johnny23

« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2020, 08:32:10 PM »
Give Marillac a break...At times he speaks without thinking and makes outlandish comments that are not well thought out....with that said, I do think he wants what is best for Johnnies. He just has an awkward approach....

Agreed. You just can't unteach stupid.

« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »

I watched Arkansas last night (4-9 in conference after a soft non conference schedule)..first time in a few weeks and they stink about the same as us with much less fight....they have gotten much worse since the beginning of the season...they do have a great recruiting class coming in, so I’m sure heading in the right direction...but lately they are plain old bad!!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:08:53 PM by Johnnies93!! »

Marillac

« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2020, 03:29:32 PM »
Agreed. You just can't unteach stupid.

Don’t let that stop you from trying babe.

« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2020, 03:33:37 PM »
Don’t let that stop you from trying babe.

You make so many great points on this board and you are one of the few that I really enjoy reading...why not take the hit on the chin, get up and just admit that some of your posts (musselman being a savior) were a bit premature...at least will save you some dignity...

Marillac

« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2020, 03:39:17 PM »

But you loser. You think you made me cry?

No, I didn’t expect a grown man to cry over a post on a fan forum.

I was crying laughing

So I did make you cry. Good talk, Aaron Hernandez.

Marillac

« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2020, 03:46:02 PM »
You make so many great points on this board and you are one of the few that I really enjoy reading...why not take the hit on the chin, get up and just admit that some of your posts (musselman being a savior) were a bit premature...at least will save you some dignity...

I never said Musselman was a savior. I said he was better than Anderson and was a tremendous hire.

Arkansas was 15-5 before Isaiah Joe, a likely first round pick, got hurt. They’ve lost 5 straight without him. I think that tells you all you need to know about what he means to that team.

« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2020, 04:04:57 PM »
I never said Musselman was a savior. I said he was better than Anderson and was a tremendous hire.

Arkansas was 15-5 before Isaiah Joe, a likely first round pick, got hurt. They’ve lost 5 straight without him. I think that tells you all you need to know about what he means to that team.

Cmon man....he is a stud and def hurt the team in in terms of wins and losses, but on this site we talk facts and the fact is Arkansas is about as bad as St. John’s right now....and you right, you didn’t call him the savior, my bad and my apologies for miss quoting you..

Marillac

« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2020, 04:21:11 PM »
Cmon man....he is a stud and def hurt the team in in terms of wins and losses, but on this site we talk facts and the fact is Arkansas is about as bad as St. John’s right now....and you right, you didn’t call him the savior, my bad and my apologies for miss quoting you..

No, that is not a fact. No objective evidence supports that conclusion. We have no hope this season. They just need to get Joe back and out put some wins together.

« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2020, 05:12:44 PM »

lol would you rather he put exactly what you said?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.