@ Marquette 1/21

• 100 replies

TONYD3

Re: @ Marquette 1/21
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2020, 06:44:12 AM »
Why are you even here is the real question?
This is the only forum that will allow him to behave like this. He thinks he is a boss. The only good part of the conference season is watching his meltdowns.

Marillac

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2020, 07:59:24 AM »
What seed does Lunardi have us at now?

It’s amazing what a good coach can do?!

wpc77

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:12 AM »
Not every play falls on the coach but systematically his half court offense is very unstructured which leaves a lot of room for free styling and I haven't seen any correction or evolution there.

So far that's yielded very poor results in conference play.

Well said
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 08:01:37 AM by wpc77 »

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »
The only good part of the conference season is watching his meltdowns.
What do you mean? I for one am enjoying watching us soar.

"It's amazing what good coaching can do."

Johnny23

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »
I don't think the back handed parting shot was necessary.

You know Mike Anderson probably better than anyone. I'm not sure those guys fit into what he does. Additionally Mike Anderson offensive acumen is severely limited and unstructured. Even tonight on the broadcast Coach Miles was saying how we needed to figure out ways to get the ball to Heron more. Defense to offense isn't enough.

Coach Miles also said last night that he's watched this team closely over the last month and the progression has been impressive.

Perspective.

SJUFAN

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:16 PM »
I'm surprised Steere didn't get more minutes especially because John and Johnson were big bodies he could bang against.

Thought our defense suffered with Champagnie at the 5. Marquette got a ton of corner threes as we overcommitted on helping in the post.

He’s soft like charmin. You see how you assess things? He has a big body, lol. Smh.

Foad

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2020, 01:28:45 PM »
Coach Miles also said last night that he's watched this team closely over the last month and the progression has been impressive.

If we're this impressive when we're 1-6 imagine how amazing we're going to be when we're 1-9.

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »
If we're this impressive when we're 1-6 imagine how amazing we're going to be when we're 1-9.

Do you openly root for us to lose? I dont understand the high you get when we were losing but you were no where to be found after West Va and Arizona wins.

Foad

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
Do you openly root for us to lose? I dont understand the high you get when we were losing but you were no where to be found after West Va and Arizona wins.

I root for SJ not to stink, which SJ does, by every metric. I thought they stunk when they beat Mercer and when they beat West Virginia and also when they lost to Vermont. So at least I'm consistent. On the other hand I'll cop to feeling something akin to joy - to the extent that I understand joy - at the flailing angst Coach Home Run's wall washers demonstrate in the face of his firm grasp of last place. Because other people's misery makes me happy. The Germans have a word for it. Starts with an ess. It'll come to me.

TONYD3

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
He is just an old man who is butt hurt. His boy was shit canned and he is acting out. He loves the internet because he can act like a bad ass.
When Mullin started 0-14 he just gave him a pass. 2 years later when Mullin started 0-11, he still thought he was doing well.
Fxck off and die (that’s his name) will probably behave like this until we start winning.

Foad

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2020, 06:50:12 PM »
He is just an old man who is butt hurt. His boy was shit canned and he is acting out.

Speaking of acting out, I have an idea: exercise some self control and refrain from responding to every single thing I post in this august forum and failing that - because obviously you crave my attention - try and go a single post w/o mentioning Chris Mullin and failing that try and hold a second thought in your brain, albeit how tiny and moribund it is.

He loves the internet because he can act like a bad ass.

I love the internet for a number of reasons, mostly because of all the naked womens. Because when I was a tad I had to find a Playboy on the side of the road to see a titty. Although if there was this much nudity around when I was younger I'd have died of dehydration, so maybe it's for the best. Spurt spurt spurt.

When Mullin started 0-14 he just gave him a pass. 2 years later when Mullin started 0-11, he still thought he was doing well.

Wrong again tony the D stands for Defective Dna.

When Mullin was loosing [sic] I wrote stuff like

I didn’t sign up for this. And by this I mean humiliations like the 79-72 drubbing at the hand of the mighty Delaware State Hornets Tuesday night at Carnesecca Arena.

and re Incarnate Word I wrote

After the Syracuse game Mullin told his players that when they do things the right way they can beat anyone in the country. Hopefully after last night he told them that this is what happens when you don’t do things the right way: anyone in the country can beat you

and after Fordham

Mullin should worry about coaching his own team and learn to take it like a man

and after NJIT

although I wouldn’t throw Mullin in with that conga line of losers [former SJ coaches] I wouldn’t on the other hand presume that he’s the only ship the Utopia Triangle won’t swallow whole, because Jamaica is where coaches come to die.

I wrote those things because I'm not delusional and stupid. I shit on Lavin and Mullin and Anderson. And when the next dunce comes along I'll shit on him. Whereas you'll be whining about loosing to Old Dominion in 2016 and defending Coach Iron Home Run's 1-11 start, because he's a real coach and coaching is hard which you know based on your JV interviews for all those coveted dodge ball coaching gigs you almost got, hashtag thisclose.

Fxck off and die (that’s his name) will probably behave like this until we start winning.

Yah, winning, it's just around the corner.  Hold your breath starting ..................... now

TONYD3

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:21 PM »
Speaking of acting out, I have an idea: exercise some self control and refrain from responding to every single thing I post in this august forum and failing that - because obviously you crave my attention - try and go a single post w/o mentioning Chris Mullin and failing that try and hold a second thought in your brain, albeit how tiny and moribund it is.

I love the internet for a number of reasons, mostly because of all the naked womens. Because when I was a tad I had to find a Playboy on the side of the road to see a titty. Although if there was this much nudity around when I was younger I'd have died of dehydration, so maybe it's for the best. Spurt spurt spurt.

Wrong again tony the D stands for Defective Dna.

When Mullin was loosing [sic] I wrote stuff like

I didn’t sign up for this. And by this I mean humiliations like the 79-72 drubbing at the hand of the mighty Delaware State Hornets Tuesday night at Carnesecca Arena.

and re Incarnate Word I wrote

After the Syracuse game Mullin told his players that when they do things the right way they can beat anyone in the country. Hopefully after last night he told them that this is what happens when you don’t do things the right way: anyone in the country can beat you

and after Fordham

Mullin should worry about coaching his own team and learn to take it like a man

and after NJIT

although I wouldn’t throw Mullin in with that conga line of losers [former SJ coaches] I wouldn’t on the other hand presume that he’s the only ship the Utopia Triangle won’t swallow whole, because Jamaica is where coaches come to die.

I wrote those things because I'm not delusional and stupid. I shit on Lavin and Mullin and Anderson. And when the next dunce comes along I'll shit on him. Whereas you'll be whining about loosing to Old Dominion in 2016 and defending Coach Iron Home Run's 1-11 start, because he's a real coach and coaching is hard which you know based on your JV interviews for all those coveted dodge ball coaching gigs you almost got, hashtag thisclose.

Yah, winning, it's just around the corner.  Hold your breath starting ..................... now

And you say I don’t get to you

Foad

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »
And you say I don’t get to you

You have to be a special kind of stupid to regard someone responding to a post in an obscure corner of the internet as some form of victory. Which you do, being a special kind of stupid. Oh look, you've won again.

Rodman

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »
This quote sums up your small but vocal crew perfectly.

The collective lack of intelligence is quite staggering.

You are so predictable Marillac.  When you know you cant win an argument, you resort to insulting peoples intelligence.  It speaks volumes of your high character and worth on these boards.  This board is lame.

Rodman

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2020, 11:02:10 PM »
I also see plenty of possessions that result in an awful shot because nothing was called or they just passed the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock runs down. I also see them panic when he shot clock starts running down and they give the ball to LJ or Dunn and just wait for them to do something resulting in a wild shot or driving into 3 guys and a turnover.  You can't really think their half court offense is good.

I agree with this.  This is where if we had a playmaker like Ponds it would make all the difference.  We really don't have anyone that can create his own shot.  And we lack shooters too.

Rodman

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2020, 11:03:25 PM »
There's no trophy for that. Trophies are given for excellence, not for being mediocre.

Thanks for your contribution.

Marillac

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2020, 12:10:36 AM »
You are so predictable Marillac.  When you know you cant win an argument, you resort to insulting peoples intelligence.  It speaks volumes of your high character and worth on these boards.  This board is lame.

You can’t beat an idiot in an argument.

SJUFAN

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2020, 10:25:49 AM »
You can’t beat an idiot in an argument.

That’s your problem. You feel you have to win every argument, even when your wrong. I guess that does make you an idiot.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 10:26:53 AM by SJUFAN »

Marillac

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2020, 04:30:42 PM »
That’s your problem. You feel you have to win every argument, even when your wrong. I guess that does make you an idiot.

*you’re😉🙅🏿‍♀️

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2020, 11:25:48 PM »
You guys do realize if you don't get along with someone the simple way to deal with it is not to respond to EVERY message they write.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle