Depaul thread

• 107 replies

goredmen

Re: Depaul thread
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2020, 10:07:47 PM »
I don't get the hate-affair with Caraher. He's a depth player who is heady and plays hard. He's the 9-10th player in the rotation and is a sophomore. What do you expect?

I feel like the same people complaining about him are the same ones who would also complain if we struck out on a 5 star kid and lacked depth as a result.

He's also deserves a lot of credit for the win against UMass this year.

Weren’t you the guy crapping on all of Anderson’s recruits in April-July when Anderson was trying to fill out the roster? Wonder why you have a softer spot for Caraher who could provide decent minutes here and there but is clearly not built for this level

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2020, 10:33:38 PM »
There is absolutely no way that LJ is back next year

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2020, 10:59:12 PM »
Only way LJ is back is if he wants to graduate because I don’t think he would go to another college to be a Grad transfer.
Also-
USC Salk goes on the road and defeats Richard Bland 88-75 and moves to 16-4 overall!

Cole - 26 PTS 5 REB
McBride - 20 PTS 5 AST 2 STL
Rand - 13 PTS 8 REB 10 BLK
Jefferson - 9 PTS 6 AST 3 STL
Wesley - 8 PTS 6 REB
Cross - 8 PTS 3 AST

Cole is becoming a stud could move up to #2 or 3 in JUCO rankings and look at that stat line for SJUBB recruit Rand 👀
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:59:29 PM by BannerMountainMan »

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2020, 11:04:36 PM »
Honestly Dave not sure what you are watching lately. Their is barely any talent on this team. They play hard. They including caraher are like able. Not one bum on the roster.
Caraher isn’t a PG, he isn’t a shooter, he isn’t an athlete, he isn’t a lock down defender, and he isn’t a big east player.
Margin of victory is small we can’t be -5 every 6 minutes we let caraher play.
Some guys don’t belong in the big east.

You seem to be really on the +/- game. I really don't see him being negatively impactful causing this team to lose.

I'm not saying he's the answer but we're talking about a sophomore at the end of the bench. Be more concerned with Rutherford getting 30mpg or the fact we are worst rebounding margin team in conference.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2020, 11:19:28 PM »
Weren’t you the guy crapping on all of Anderson’s recruits in April-July when Anderson was trying to fill out the roster? Wonder why you have a softer spot for Caraher who could provide decent minutes here and there but is clearly not built for this level

Well for starters this is a level above where Caraher should play. There is no doubt about but I've known David since he's 15 and know his character and style of play and I can see value at the end of the bench and becoming a glue guy.

He'll know what do to, where to be, and will practice and play hard.

Bringing him on a develop player in 10,11,12 scholarship spot is fine to bring him along for more impactful junior and senior seasons.

As for my stance on him now. It's more about TonyD exaggerating the negative impact he's having on the floor. I personally don't see him really making an impact one way or the other. One thing to note is he hasn't had a turnover in last 9 games. He makes good passes. Lots of hockey assists.

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2020, 11:20:18 PM »
Only way LJ is back is if he wants to graduate because I don’t think he would go to another college to be a Grad transfer.
Also-
USC Salk goes on the road and defeats Richard Bland 88-75 and moves to 16-4 overall!

Cole - 26 PTS 5 REB
McBride - 20 PTS 5 AST 2 STL
Rand - 13 PTS 8 REB 10 BLK
Jefferson - 9 PTS 6 AST 3 STL
Wesley - 8 PTS 6 REB
Cross - 8 PTS 3 AST

Cole is becoming a stud could move up to #2 or 3 in JUCO rankings and look at that stat line for SJUBB recruit Rand 👀

LJ isn't graduating and I doubt he wants to go to class next year.

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2020, 03:22:21 AM »
Congrats to CFC, staff and the team on the first of what will hopefully be many conference road wins.  We should try and schedule Depaul more.

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2020, 05:19:44 AM »
Champaigne was great on the boards today. A couple nice finishes as well. Every jumper he takes is right on target he needs to work on consistently getting some arc on it. Quietly he’s been having a solid BE campaign. Or is it campaigne?

I lean with Dave on the Caraher topic. Quick decisions with the ball and is always in on the boards though limited physically. As 9-10th man as a sophomore no reason to run him off. Could be a solid 6-7th man as an upperclassmen.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2020, 07:19:39 AM »
Champaigne was great on the boards today. A couple nice finishes as well. Every jumper he takes is right on target he needs to work on consistently getting some arc on it. Quietly he’s been having a solid BE campaign. Or is it campaigne?

I lean with Dave on the Caraher topic. Quick decisions with the ball and is always in on the boards though limited physically. As 9-10th man as a sophomore no reason to run him off. Could be a solid 6-7th man as an upperclassmen.

Although caraher isn’t a great shooter I like his stroke. I wish a couple times this game when we had no LJ or Mustapha on the floor he would have pulled the trigger because we had a few empty possession where he was the most open guy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:20:21 AM by Wods317 »

Wods317

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2020, 07:22:10 AM »
LJ isn't graduating and I doubt he wants to go to class next year.

Every year we send guys away or assume they are coming back. Most thought Heron would leave and Simon would come back. LJ would only benefit from another year, hope to have him back.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2020, 07:45:19 AM »
I also like the progression Williams has made over this season. His defense has always been consistent and solid and he is probably our best defender. Now his 3 pt shot is looking better and beginning to fall more, and his other offense is developing. His FG% is 38% and FT% is 70; both solid but his average should be getting up to 8-9 ppg. Perhaps it's time to put him in the starting line up and moving forward have Rutherford, Earlington and Champaigne come off the bench. 

Poison

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2020, 08:10:10 AM »
I also like the progression Williams has made over this season. His defense has always been consistent and solid and he is probably our best defender. Now his 3 pt shot is looking better and beginning to fall more, and his other offense is developing. His FG% is 38% and FT% is 70; both solid but his average should be getting up to 8-9 ppg. Perhaps it's time to put him in the starting line up and moving forward have Rutherford, Earlington and Champaigne come off the bench. 

If Williams learns how to dribble, he’ll be dangerous.

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »
Caraher had no points on one shot with a rebound and an assist in what? Five minutes? Let's call him out, he's terrible. Hashtag MullinBad. Whereas Coach Home Run's four recruits had a combined six points on 2 for 10 from the floor with five turnovers in a combined 30ish minutes. That's pretty good, right?

https://depaulbluedemons.com/documents/2020/1/25//Box_Score_St_John_s_NY_at_DePaul_25_January.pdf

Look the +/- column and compare:

Caraher        -12
Dunn            +22
Rutherford    +2
Champagnie  +19
Sears            -6
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:26:25 AM by gonzalo »

TONYD3

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2020, 11:00:35 AM »
https://depaulbluedemons.com/documents/2020/1/25//Box_Score_St_John_s_NY_at_DePaul_25_January.pdf

Look the +/- column and compare:

Caraher        -12
Dunn            +22
Rutherford    +2
Champagnie  +19
Sears            -6
I am not blaming the 1st half or any of the losing streak on david caraher. Our 1st team has some talent. Our second unit stinks. I believe if Anderson went with the same rotations in the second half we lose.

TONYD3

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2020, 11:02:18 AM »
My point was obvious and you're stupid, which explains why you didn't get it.

You have no point. You are repeating what Dave posted.

ras

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2020, 11:15:25 AM »
I think Carahers confidence is shot. He had open looks, just pumped faked and didn’t shoot. His one shot that I remember missed by a mile.

Foad

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2020, 11:29:40 AM »
BMM: I don’t want to speculate but you gotta think Caraher and Steere move on next season, along with Heron, Rutherford, And LJ.

J93: Not so sure about LJ unless he graduates

F: Come on man. He left the program six weeks ago.

J93: 26 at checked out..I’ll take it

F: If LJF is on the team next fall I'll donate $500 in your name to the charity of your choice. If he's not, you donate $50 in your own name to NAMBLA. Bet?

What’s your point?

F: My point was obvious and you're stupid, which explains why you didn't get it.

You were taking a shot at our coach.

F: [no,] I was discussing with some poster whether LJF comes back next year

Replying to the same post a second time:

You have no point. You are repeating what Dave posted.

It doesn't even make sense as nonsense

TONYD3

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »
I think Carahers confidence is shot. He had open looks, just pumped faked and didn’t shoot. His one shot that I remember missed by a mile.
I agree. I brought him up. And don’t want him to be the whipping boy. The kid plays hard and within himself. This is not Amar 2.0. Still I don’t see him getting any faster. Or having any kind of role here.

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2020, 11:37:40 AM »
Ed's 7 threes was one shy of the all-time Johnny record held by fan favorite and legendary three point sniper Avery Patterson.

TONYD3

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2020, 11:47:10 AM »
BMM: I don’t want to speculate but you gotta think Caraher and Steere move on next season, along with Heron, Rutherford, And LJ.

J93: Not so sure about LJ unless he graduates

F: Come on man. He left the program six weeks ago.

J93: 26 at checked out..I’ll take it

F: If LJF is on the team next fall I'll donate $500 in your name to the charity of your choice. If he's not, you donate $50 in your own name to NAMBLA. Bet?

F: My point was obvious and you're stupid, which explains why you didn't get it.

F: [no,] I was discussing with some poster whether LJF comes back next year

Replying to the same post a second time:

It doesn't even make sense as nonsense

Explain in one more time please it doesn’t make sense. Not sure you have a point!