Nova 1/28

• 213 replies

Foad

Re: Nova 1/28
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2020, 07:53:15 AM »
"a winning percentage of .22 [and] being in ninth place … is therefore not dissatisfactory."

Yeah, absolutely.  […] I would give … the coaching a 7.

And if they were in seventh place you'd give the coaching what? A thirteen? Good grief.

TONYD3

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2020, 08:07:33 AM »
"a winning percentage of .22 [and] being in ninth place … is therefore not dissatisfactory."

And if they were in seventh place you'd give the coaching what? A thirteen? Good grief.
After year 3. Second last place finish in a 3 years. Hours after being humiliated by Xavier. You gave coach Mullin a C plus. Look it up!

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2020, 08:49:57 AM »
Talk about an obsession with Foad's tool ...

Foad

« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »
After year 3. Second last place finish in a 3 years. Hours after being humiliated by Xavier. You gave coach Mullin a C plus. Look it up! Hmm mmm.

So now we know what you're doing when you're not talking to your mother about my erections: compulsively reading my blog.

So yea I went and looked it up and I graded Mullin three times. In his second year (2017) when he won eight games in the BE including a game in the BE tournament I gave him a C plus. In 2018 when he went .500 including beating Duke and Nova in consecutive games and won a game in the BE tournament after losing arguably his best player I again gave him a C plus (which I qualified: "It should be a C but it’s Chris Mullin") and last year when he made the NCAA tournament I upgraded him to a B minus. So I graded Mullin three times as being a little above average, which considering the talent he brought in and how he energized the fanbase I find completely justified. As opposed to absolutely giving the guy in ninth place with a winning percentage of .22 a solid seven.

Foad

« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »

Don't bother. He's so lacking in self awareness that he doesn't realize how deranged he looks.

TONYD3

« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2020, 09:30:18 AM »
So now we know what you're doing when you're not talking to your mother about my erections: compulsively reading my blog.

So yea I went and looked it up and I graded Mullin three times. In his second year (2017) when he won eight games in the BE including a game in the BE tournament I gave him a C plus. In 2018 when he went .500 including beating Duke and Nova in consecutive games and won a game in the BE tournament after losing arguably his best player I again gave him a C plus (which I qualified: "It should be a C but it’s Chris Mullin") and last year when he made the NCAA tournament I upgraded him to a B minus. So I graded Mullin three times as being a little above average, which considering the talent he brought in and how he energized the fanbase I find completely justified. As opposed to absolutely giving the guy in ninth place with a winning percentage of .22 a solid seven.

I didn’t look anything up.
I remembered your C plus. Probably because it was such a stupid post. He didn’t lose his best player. The guy quit. Basketball season lasts more then a week and a half. That thread should be looked up. I bet a whole lot of non sense was posted.
No matter what carmine as led some of you to believe. During the 11 game losing streak. The fan base was not energized. Their were plenty of empty seats. Last year people came. Not the year before.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:34:54 AM by TONYD3 »

Marillac

« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »

Not only does he have an awkward fascination with Foad’s piece and Foad reaching climax, he is truly obsessed with all things anal.

The sheer # of his posts that reference the anus, his bowel movements, or being “butt hurt” are just staggering. He’s so dumb he thinks he’s being playful when he uses the latter term. He doesn’t realize he is a caricature of someone who is fixated in the anal stage of psychosexual development.

TONYD3

« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2020, 10:38:44 AM »
Not only does he have an awkward fascination with Foad’s piece and Foad reaching climax, he is truly obsessed with all things anal.

The sheer # of his posts that reference the anus, his bowel movements, or being “butt hurt” are just staggering. He’s so dumb he thinks he’s being playful when he uses the latter term. He doesn’t realize he is a caricature of someone who is fixated in the anal stage of psychosexual development.

Are you going to cry this week?

« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »
I didn’t look anything up.
I remembered your C plus. Probably because it was such a stupid post. He didn’t lose his best player. The guy quit. Basketball season lasts more then a week and a half. That thread should be looked up. I bet a whole lot of non sense was posted.
No matter what carmine as led some of you to believe. During the 11 game losing streak. The fan base was not energized. Their were plenty of empty seats. Last year people came. Not the year before.

So it's Mullin's fault that Lovett hurt his knee then shut himself down because his Dad thought he had an NBA career?

Marillac

« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
So it's Mullin's fault that Lovett hurt his knee then shut himself down because his Dad thought he had an NBA career?

Everything is Mullin’s fault and nothing is Anderson’s fault. Haven’t you picked up on the childlike arguments of the The Squad by now?

Heron is one of the most proven players we’ve ever had here and these lunatics actually believe the coach and style of play have nothing to do with his regression. We’re talking about a former 5* recruit (ranked #18 overall in the RSCI) who was twice named second team All-SEC and led both and a mediocre 18-14 squad and a very good 26-win squad in scoring. He showed enough last year, even with an obvious step down in coaching, to be named preseason second team All-Big East and get projected as an NBA draft pick.

All of the Arkansas kids who have demonstrated improvement under Musselman owe it to Anderson, but anyone who has improved here is due to Anderson and not Mullin or simple progression. If anyone got worse or stayed the same it’s because of them.

Comprende?

TONYD3

« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2020, 12:33:20 PM »
Everything is Mullin’s fault and nothing is Anderson’s fault. Haven’t you picked up on the childlike arguments of the The Squad by now?

Heron is one of the most proven players we’ve ever had here and these lunatics actually believe the coach and style of play have nothing to do with his regression. We’re talking about a former 5* recruit (ranked #18 overall in the RSCI) who was twice named second team All-SEC and led both and a mediocre 18-14 squad and a very good 26-win squad in scoring. He showed enough last year, even with an obvious step down in coaching, to be named preseason second team All-Big East and get projected as an NBA draft pick.

All of the Arkansas kids who have demonstrated improvement under Musselman owe it to Anderson, but anyone who has improved here is due to Anderson and not Mullin or simple progression. If anyone got worse or stayed the same it’s because of them.

Comprende?
What exactly are you looking for? I kind of agree that more things can be done to get Herron going. But he isn’t as good as I hoped he was. He has plenty of opportunities lately. He has missed plenty of open shots. He seems very overrated to me.
He seems like he can get to the basket but almost always settles for the 3. Blame Anderson for that if you want. I just think he isn’t that good.
From memory he didn’t play well in some big east games. Last year the team was better. If he is off the current team stinks.

TONYD3

« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2020, 12:40:25 PM »
The buck has to stop somewhere. By that time he collected 6 million dollars and won 12 big east games. If Lovett were the only guy, then maybe you would have a point. Ownes, Yakwe, and Dixion left months later.

SJUFAN

« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2020, 03:48:19 PM »
Even more serious answer, Yes and I coach at the high school level now. You just made yourself sound like a bigger fool, Rutherford has experience yes, but was he named as a preseason all second team player? I will answer that for you....no. Heron is a 5 star recruit that was really good at Auburn, what happened? He can't average 17-20 ppg as a senior and one of the main offensive options? Rutherford could not average 11 point per game under any coach. Im not a Mullin fan as a coach if you read posts properly. Ive actually been very critical of him.

He’s really good now but y’all are going to be critical of the young man because he’s not living up to your arbitrary expectations? He’s a 5* so he should average 17-20 points a game. Should Simon have averaged 17-20 points a game because he was a 5* recruit? Heron averages 15 points a game in one of the best college basketball conferences in America, there is zero basis to support he should average 20 points a game.

Marillac

« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »
He’s really good now but y’all are going to be critical of the young man because he’s not living up to your arbitrary expectations? He’s a 5* so he should average 17-20 points a game. Should Simon have averaged 17-20 points a game because he was a 5* recruit? Heron averages 15 points a game in one of the best college basketball conferences in America, there is zero basis to support he should average 20 points a game.

This is why everyone thinks you are stupid. Expecting Heron to score 17 ppg is not arbitrary. He scored 16.4 as a soph after scoring 15.2 as a fresh. It’s called natural progress.

Simon wasn’t a scorer and was quite frankly pitiful on offense. More to the point, he never established himself as a scorer like Heron. Comparing Heron to Simon is completely absurd. Simon averaged 2.3 ppg as a frosh and could only manage 12 as a third-year junior who wasn’t even guarded half the time.

Foad

« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2020, 04:24:34 PM »
I didn’t look anything up. I remembered your C plus.

So I drunkenly tossed off a blog post two years ago that I don't remember writing but it's indelibly etched into your brain and you think that's a point that belies your obsession. Good point.

Probably because it was such a stupid post.

Considering that you can't spell words commonly found in nursery rhymes I don't know that you're competent to judge my essay which having refreshed my memory was about The Divine Comedy. I mean sure, if I'd written a bit of a monkeyshine about the best way to attack the zone defense in a middle school field hockey game or the use of shifts against left handers in kickball I'd defer to your expertise. Dante,  I'm not sure about.

He didn’t lose his best player. The guy quit.

He didn't lose his best player, the guy quit. We'll just let this bit of genyious sit here.

Basketball season lasts more then a week and a half.

And here I was thinking you'd slept though basketball class.

SJU home attendance

2015-16: 6,395
2016-17: 8,091
2017-18: 8,633
2018-19: 9,242

2019-20: 4,875

https://redstormsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

"in year two, the Johnnies raised their 2016 average of 6,944 fans up to 8,448 in 2017. The rise of about 1,500 fans found St. John’s ranked number 8 for the largest attendance increase across all of Division I."

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2017/8/8/16115034/ncaa-attendance-2017-st-johns-attendance-increase

"During Mullin’s tenure, the average attendance to Red Storm games at Madison Square Garden rose from 10,750 to 16,498, its highest level since the end of Lou Carnesecca’s coaching career in the early 1990s."

https://www.amny.com/sports/chris-mullin-st-johns-1-27846469/

What's it like. To know. So little. About so much?

« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2020, 05:05:11 PM »
mustapha heron:

16-17 Auburn: 18.9 PER; 21.5 PP40; 109.5 ORTG
17-18 Auburn: 19.4 PER; 23 PP40; 110.1 ORTG
18-19 SJU: 15.2 PER; 18.4 PP40; 101.7 ORTG
19-20 SJU: 16 PER; 21.8 PP40; 105.1 ORTG

he's rebounding less this year, but assisting more. usage very consistent all 4 years.

takeaways: he was a bit better at auburn; he's a bit better this year than last year. really need to let the rest of this year to play out but as of now the story seems to be that heron came to college as a pretty good player, but didn't really take the leap that many had hoped for.

He seems like a really good kid and he plays hard.  Hopefully he'll be successful playing basketball professionally or whatever else he wants to do in life.

Marillac

« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »
mustapha heron:

16-17 Auburn: 18.9 PER; 21.5 PP40; 109.5 ORTG
17-18 Auburn: 19.4 PER; 23 PP40; 110.1 ORTG
18-19 SJU: 15.2 PER; 18.4 PP40; 101.7 ORTG
19-20 SJU: 16 PER; 21.8 PP40; 105.1 ORTG

he's rebounding less this year, but assisting more. usage very consistent all 4 years.

takeaways: he was a bit better at auburn; he's a bit better this year than last year. really need to let the rest of this year to play out but as of now the story seems to be that heron came to college as a pretty good player, but didn't really take the leap that many had hoped for.

He seems like a really good kid and he plays hard.  Hopefully he'll be successful playing basketball professionally or whatever else he wants to do in life.

You’re out of your mind if you think he is “a bit better” this year or that he was only a bit better at Auburn.

He’s all or nothing this year. He was all or nothing at times last year. He scored in double-digits 60 out of 64 games as an underclassman at Auburn. He’s already failed to reach that mark SIX times this year in just 19 games. Who cares if he drops 30 against Mercer or 25 against Central Connecticut State his first two games? He is a different player against teams that aren’t bad that we can’t just run a layup line on in transition.

TONYD3

« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
So I drunkenly tossed off a blog post two years ago that I don't remember writing but it's indelibly etched into your brain and you think that's a point that belies your obsession. Good point.

Considering that you can't spell words commonly found in nursery rhymes I don't know that you're competent to judge my essay which having refreshed my memory was about The Divine Comedy. I mean sure, if I'd written a bit of a monkeyshine about the best way to attack the zone defense in a middle school field hockey game or the use of shifts against left handers in kickball I'd defer to your expertise. Dante,  I'm not sure about.

He didn't lose his best player, the guy quit. We'll just let this bit of genyious sit here.

And here I was thinking you'd slept though basketball class.

SJU home attendance

2015-16: 6,395
2016-17: 8,091
2017-18: 8,633
2018-19: 9,242

2019-20: 4,875

https://redstormsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats

"in year two, the Johnnies raised their 2016 average of 6,944 fans up to 8,448 in 2017. The rise of about 1,500 fans found St. John’s ranked number 8 for the largest attendance increase across all of Division I."

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2017/8/8/16115034/ncaa-attendance-2017-st-johns-attendance-increase

"During Mullin’s tenure, the average attendance to Red Storm games at Madison Square Garden rose from 10,750 to 16,498, its highest level since the end of Lou Carnesecca’s coaching career in the early 1990s."

https://www.amny.com/sports/chris-mullin-st-johns-1-27846469/

What's it like. To know. So little. About so much?
You are full of crap and butt hurt. Attendance got so bad where only a few games were held at the garden.

Creighton, Xavier, Marquette, and providence were garden games under Lavin.
Year 4 attendance was extremely high. Not before that.
So for my own amusement what was last place, Chris Mullin’s grade after year 3? I know what I gave him and I remember your reaction. Are you retracting your C plus?

« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »

Comprende?

Yes he should be playing better and I do blame his very inconsistent season on Anderson...I am a huge fan of Anderson, but he needs to start getting more production from his top players now and in the future, or I will kow tow and admit I was wrong....

TONYD3

« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2020, 06:32:26 PM »
Yes he should be playing better and I do blame his very inconsistent season on Anderson...I am a huge fan of Anderson, but he needs to start getting more production from his top players now and in the future, or I will kow tow and admit I was wrong....
Agreed