Nova 1/28

• 213 replies

Marillac

Re: Nova 1/28
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2020, 07:16:47 PM »
Yes he should be playing better and I do blame his very inconsistent season on Anderson...I am a huge fan of Anderson, but he needs to start getting more production from his top players now and in the future, or I will kow tow and admit I was wrong....

I don’t even blame Anderson. Our fans are so obsessed with assessing fault. Anderson is not a strong offensive coach. Even his relative BannerMountainMan readily admits that.

Let him get his guys next year, but we don’t have to throw guys like Heron and LJ under the bus to prop him up now. They didn’t commit to play for this style.

TONYD3

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2020, 07:21:36 PM »
I don’t even blame Anderson. Our fans are so obsessed with assessing fault. Anderson is not a strong offensive coach. Even his relative BannerMountainMan readily admits that.

Let him get his guys next year, but we don’t have to throw guys like Heron and LJ under the bus to prop him up now. They didn’t commit to play for this style.
What style did they commit to?

Rodman

« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2020, 09:55:44 PM »

This almost sounds like the voice of reason.  Glad you found your meds again.

« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2020, 10:12:20 PM »

Def not his relative but I have seen so much hate for him over the years that I’ve started a passion to see him win lol if that even makes sense.

SJUFAN

« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2020, 10:18:38 PM »
This is why everyone thinks you are stupid. Expecting Heron to score 17 ppg is not arbitrary. He scored 16.4 as a soph after scoring 15.2 as a fresh. It’s called natural progress.

14.6 as a Junior. You forgot that part.  Is there a reason you only reference Herons Freshmen and Sophomore years? Perhaps to make your point. Unfortunately there is reality, and the reality is Heron did in fact play his Junior year and the results of his Junior year dispels your natural progression theory. It establishes who he is, which is a 15 ppg player.

SJUFAN

« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »

Who is throwing them under a bus? These same two players as upperclassmen last year playing along side TWO borderline NBA players helped lead us to a 7th place finish and a sub .500 BE record.

What are people expecting? The BE is stronger than last year, our roster is worse than any other BE roster. We were picked to finish 2nd to last. They are playing like they were expected to.

Heron and LJ isn’t the issue, it’s the rest of the team.

« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »
14.6 as a Junior. You forgot that part.  Is there a reason you only reference Herons Freshmen and Sophomore years? Perhaps to make your point. Unfortunately there is reality, and the reality is Heron did in fact play his Junior year and the results of his Junior year dispels your natural progression theory. It establishes who he is, which is a 15 ppg player.

He also played hurt after the Marquette game and was out a few games. He came back for Butler and reinjured the knee but tried to play through it. His #'s suffered cuz of that.

They haven't used Mustapha enough in the post or the pick and roll this year. He also looks like he hasn't truly bought in.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 11:44:21 PM by Redy2Rumble »

SJUFAN

« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2020, 12:09:23 AM »
He also played hurt after the Marquette game and was out a few games. He came back for Butler and reinjured the knee but tried to play through it. His #'s suffered cuz of that.

I could literally same the same thing this year except it’s his ankle.

They haven't used Mustapha enough in the post or the pick and roll this year. He also looks like he hasn't truly bought in.

What have you seen these past two years that make you believe Heron would be effective in those rolls?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:10:31 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »
These same two players as upperclassmen last year playing along side TWO borderline NBA players helped lead us to a 7th place finish and a sub .500 BE record.
Why do you omit that they also helped lead us to an Ncaa tournament bid? That's kind of important, isn't it?

SJUFAN

« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2020, 02:21:17 AM »
Why do you omit that they also helped lead us to an Ncaa tournament bid? That's kind of important, isn't it?

They are solid players, but they are not good enough to carry a team that is mediocre. Hence, picked to finish second to last. I’m not treating Anderson’s first year any different than Mullins first year.

I’m not looking at results right now. I like the style of play. I like the offense, and believe when the talent level improves so will our record.

ras

« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2020, 11:21:47 AM »
Who is throwing them under a bus? These same two players as upperclassmen last year playing along side TWO borderline NBA players helped lead us to a 7th place finish and a sub .500 BE record.

What are people expecting? The BE is stronger than last year, our roster is worse than any other BE roster. We were picked to finish 2nd to last. They are playing like they were expected to.

I think we raised the bar for the team after the good ooc performance, we looked like a true bubble team then. Truth be told, they are playing now like we expected before the season. That said, I expected more from Heron. I don’t know if it’s the system, of he is still injured or better supporting casts made him look better.

« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
This is showing how good the BE is, 7th place Xavier is throttling SH right now on the road...

Marillac

« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2020, 01:23:03 PM »

Yeah it’s all the fault of the talent and not the coach. Why don’t you just go away for six months? Nobody would forget your opinion. You, Tony D, and JohnnyFan say the same things ten times a day.

I’ll disappear with you guys. You are intolerable.

TONYD3

« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
Yeah it’s all the fault of the talent and not the coach. Why don’t you just go away for six months? Nobody would forget your opinion. You, Tony D, and JohnnyFan say the same things ten times a day.

This is a St. John’s message board. I can’t wait for the game tomorrow. Going with a few friends. Getting some drinks in the city. I think we win. I expect to have a fun day. “Season’s back on bitches” their is 0 conversation on tomorrow’s game. If anyone would try you would mock them.

Poison

« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2020, 02:48:47 PM »

Bye, Felicia.

Marillac

« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
Bye, Felicia.

I liked the forum better when you were the only double-digit IQ in town.

Poison

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2020, 03:05:11 PM »

He hasn’t bought in. He’s not a team player. He’s a good kid, but he plays a selfish brand of basketball. Everyone lost their shit when he got hurt, and then we beat Arizona.

His style of play will be fine in Europe, where every single American player is overrated.

Poison

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
I liked the forum better when you were the only double-digit IQ in town.

Florida

SJUFAN

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2020, 03:07:04 PM »

I say the same things ten times a day because I hear the same dumb ass complaint ten times a day. I’m trying to help those understand the situation who may have been influenced by your unknowledgeable takes.

You our anyone who has disagreed with my take has been unable to formulate a rational rebuttal why our roster isn’t the main reason behind our struggles. You make broad general statements and resort to name calling. I do understand why, it’s because your a fraud who has no f*n clue what your talking about.  Until you can articulate specifically why it’s the coaches system opposed to the roster then STFU troll.

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »

They are solid players, but they are not good enough to carry a team that is mediocre. Hence, picked to finish second to last. I’m not treating Anderson’s first year any different than Mullins first year.

I’m not looking at results right now. I like the style of play. I like the offense, and believe when the talent level improves so will our record.

what do you like about the offense?