Georgetown 2/2

• 258 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Georgetown 2/2
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »
And now you are blocked.

Dave, can we get Old Red off this forum? He offers absolutely nothing. I’m one of the last people to ask for censorship, but this is just ridiculous.

So the play wasn’t to get LJ the ball? Why are facts so upsetting to you?

Marillac

« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »
I got sucked back in when we beat Arizona and WV. Anderson is going bring physical athletic guys who can’t play, the next few yrs. We’ll probably make NIT or 2 and he will be gone. Thank You Board of Directors!

According to SJUFan (Old Red), Anderson is going to bring in more skilled guys than LJ and Heron. So don’t worry.

Of course, that poster is only trying to sow discord for Anderson by continually heaping nonsensical praise on him.

SJUFAN

« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »
So if you run a play and the play results in a missed shot the play is successful.

You're out of your mind.

If the play is to get the ball into the hands of a particular player and you succeed then it’s successful. That’s what that play looked like, just get the ball into his hands. It worked.

I would agree though it wasn’t the best play even though he made the shot.

SJUFAN

« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2020, 05:03:31 PM »
According to SJUFan (Old Red), Anderson is going to bring in more skilled guys than LJ and Heron. So don’t worry.

Of course, that poster is only trying to sow discord for Anderson by continually heaping nonsensical praise on him.

He’s going to bring in better players collectively. The issue isn’t Heron or LJ, they are solid players. I believe there is too much expectation placed on them that they can’t live up to. The problem is the supporting cast. It’s a precipitous drop off.

« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »
Only Coach who should’ve been hired was Pitino, after Repole went scorched earth! Anderson has had a nice career but had no connection to the northeast. The BOD knew with the current climate in this country, if they hired Anderson or Jones(Yale) no one would attack the hire. Hiring Chris Mullin had nothing to do with winning games but getting donations. They never hire the right guy for job here! It’s never about winning a Big East Title or even National Title.

« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2020, 05:13:36 PM »
Well as a “proud” alumni who was 14 when we went to the final four, I must say today was disgusting...I went up to rock land for my daughters soccer game and on way home, I said to my 16 year old, let’s hit the game...texted a friend and got two good seats....I sat with a couple of other alumni and as soon Georgetown went to press after Ewing took the timeout after we were up 17, the three of us said, here we go again....I’m not sure what the future holds...but this one is on the coach....yes Heron missed a 3 at about minute mark that would of given us a 6 point lead, but regardless of that, today showed why Marillac and Foad are a lot smarter then me!!

Poison

« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »
Only Coach who should’ve been hired was Pitino, after Repole went scorched earth! Anderson has had a nice career but had no connection to the northeast. The BOD knew with the current climate in this country, if they hired Anderson or Jones(Yale) no one would attack the hire. Hiring Chris Mullin had nothing to do with winning games but getting donations. They never hire the right guy for job here! It’s never about winning a Big East Title or even National Title.

I don’t think Anderson’s problem is his connection to the Northeast. He brought in Champagnie, who was added as a late addition and known project, which I can see some concern for. But, then he added Alexander and Wusu. Two NY kids. Will the three be enough to carry us next season? Doubtful, but Anderson has been present and somewhat successful so far regarding local talent.

Question, what Coach is going to keep a kid here when they want out of NYC? IDK if Pitino is enough.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:19:03 PM by Poison »

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2020, 05:30:38 PM »
Why wasn’t Andy Borman hired? Willard got a little dirty and it payed off! I pray Posh Alexander is Levance Fields. I am not not holding my breath. I’m an alum of the 2010 class. My best memory’s are Artest/Barkley teams. I was in middle school. Live in state of CT. I have watched them win 4 National Titles. They beat us when came to hiring Danny. Again, if we were bad and pressed all game I would be ok. Today’s game is a microcosm of the last 20 years. Also, good job by the BOD. Under 8000 at game today.

Poison

« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »
Why wasn’t Andy Borman hired? Willard got a little dirty and it payed off! I pray Posh Alexander is Levance Fields. I am not not holding my breath. I’m an alum of the 2010 class. My best memory’s are Artest/Barkley teams. I was in middle school. Live in state of CT. I have watched them win 4 National Titles. They beat us when came to hiring Danny. Again, if we were bad and pressed all game I would be ok. Today’s game is a microcosm of the last 20 years. Also, good job by the BOD. Under 8000 at game today.

Hopefully, Alexander is what’s missing. We have terrible point guards. Seriously Geno Lawrence would have been better today.

I’m happy that Williams made some plays but he has a long way to go before he’s a starting guard in the BE.

Marillac

« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2020, 06:23:17 PM »
We can’t compete with the big boys for top tier coaches. Nobody can ever question that again after the chinless wonder led us through a national embarassment of a coaching search. We got Anderson because nobody, including his previous employer, wanted him. It’s that simple.

I think we should definitely keep him and drop the firing talk.  I also think we can be good going forward when he gets his guys.

What bothers me to no end, though, is the small but very vocal group of Anderson zealots that have been trying to make him out to be more then he is and have to take shots at Mullin.

Coaching careers come here to die. However you feel about Jarvis, his resume before coming here was ridiculous. He never had a losing season. He won every league he coached in, including the Big East.

Anderson is a deeply flawed coach. If we aren’t creating havoc and overwhelming teams we just don’t have a chance. This isn’t a 2-9 roster. 4-7 or 5-6 okay.

Anderson needs 3 wins to avoid his first ever losing season. I see 2.

Foad

« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2020, 07:35:32 PM »
If the play is to get the ball into the hands of a particular player and you succeed then it’s successful. That’s what that play looked like, just get the ball into his hands. It worked.

So St John's is down by two with four seconds left, and they rub Heron and LJF off screens and Ian Steere standing alone at the opposite free throw line catches the pass and tosses a 75 foot shot which ends up in the stands. Which is a successful play because that's what was drawn up? Come on now.

Your views'd easier to countenance if you admitted that maybe the guy who's coached SJU  into last place, maybe he stinks. Which if he doesn't stink that doesn't even refute your oft repeated hypothesis that the players stink. Because obviously somebody stinks, because you are what your record says you are.

SJUFAN

« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »
We can’t compete with the big boys for top tier coaches. Nobody can ever question that again after the chinless wonder led us through a national embarassment of a coaching search. We got Anderson because nobody, including his previous employer, wanted him. It’s that simple.

I think we should definitely keep him and drop the firing talk.  I also think we can be good going forward when he gets his guys.

What bothers me to no end, though, is the small but very vocal group of Anderson zealots that have been trying to make him out to be more then he is and have to take shots at Mullin.

Coaching careers come here to die. However you feel about Jarvis, his resume before coming here was ridiculous. He never had a losing season. He won every league he coached in, including the Big East.

Anderson is a deeply flawed coach. If we aren’t creating havoc and overwhelming teams we just don’t have a chance. This isn’t a 2-9 roster. 4-7 or 5-6 okay.

Anderson needs 3 wins to avoid his first ever losing season. I see 2.

No one is making him out to be more than he is. He’s a good basketball coach period. His track record speaks for itself, Jarvis never coached in a major conference before coming to the BE, Anderson has. He’s not deeply flawed, he isn’t perfect.

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2020, 09:42:56 PM »
Players got the lead and lost it. I would have liked to see Rutherford play more. Anderson isn’t perfect...but he’s better than Mullin.

I don't think that should be the justification though.

I'll reserve full judgement until end of the season but there are obvious in game shortcomings of Anderson
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2020, 09:45:02 PM »
Yeah because Anderson is telling LJ to throw up off balance wild shots from 20 feet down the stretch. Luckily one of them went in. GTFO here with that crap.

LJ routinely takes 1 handed floaters. It's not wild if you practice it.

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »
They did run a play. It was to get LJ the ball. Whether he made or missed it, the play was successful because it achieved its goal. Could a better play have been designed? Sure. But that particular play didn’t cost us the game.

No one is trying to be derogatory to Anderson by calling this point out. It's hard to find evidence to support your point. It really feels like you're trying to defend this point to simply not be wrong.

« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2020, 09:50:46 PM »
I don’t think Anderson’s problem is his connection to the Northeast. He brought in Champagnie, who was added as a late addition and known project, which I can see some concern for. But, then he added Alexander and Wusu. Two NY kids. Will the three be enough to carry us next season? Doubtful, but Anderson has been present and somewhat successful so far regarding local talent.

Question, what Coach is going to keep a kid here when they want out of NYC? IDK if Pitino is enough.

These recruits are all solely attributed to Van Macon

SJUFAN

« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2020, 10:04:05 PM »
No one is trying to be derogatory to Anderson by calling this point out. It's hard to find evidence to support your point. It really feels like you're trying to defend this point to simply not be wrong.

What I’m I wrong about? It looked like the play was just to get the ball into LJ and for him to do the rest. If that is the case, the play was successful. It wasn’t a good play, but it worked out. Sounds like y’all are trying to make something out of nothing.

Marillac

« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2020, 10:59:21 PM »
I don't think that should be the justification though.

I'll reserve full judgement until end of the season but there are obvious in game shortcomings of Anderson

Labeling it “shortcomings” is a very charitable description. He’s clueless.

Marillac

« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2020, 11:03:29 PM »

He’s trolling. He wants to turn people against Anderson by forcing them to argue against his absurd defenses of him. It’s the only possible explantion short of him being completely ‘tarded.

The guy just said that simply getting the ball to your desired player regardless of outcome is a successful play.  Only a child, a simpleton, or a troll would make that argument.

« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2020, 11:03:33 PM »
Anderson isn’t perfect...but he’s better than Mullin.
And the evidence of this is what as we're 2 and 8 and just lost to an awful Gtown team at home without their star player? We're just supposed to take your word for it? Saying it over and over and over again doesn't make it so.