Georgetown 2/2

• 258 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Georgetown 2/2
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2020, 12:45:39 PM »
Some of you are crazy. The fact that some you feel vindicated in some way is sad. Yesterday was beyond terrible. That doesn’t make out last coach look any better. He was a disgrace. If Anderson isn’t any better. That just means more losing.

Anderson is better. Don’t get drawn in, it was a bad loss. Our roster is bad, we have one ball handler who can’t score. Anderson isn’t perfect, he will have his gaffes from time to time and it may even cost us a game or two but we will win. We didn’t lose yesterday because of a gaffe, we lost because we turned the ball over. That’s a talent issue that will be corrected.

SJUFAN

« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2020, 12:56:24 PM »
Old Red has attacked me for two decades. He had a staggeringly low intelligence and used the term “fraud” routinely to describe me. SJUFan fits both.

I’d assume Old Red has several handles and personalities.

But you are a FRAUD!!!! I’m only speaking the truth lol. I didn’t know you were so sensitive. I’ll tell you what I’ll stop putting you in your place if you stop projecting your own insecurities by attacking posters intelligence level.

Marillac

« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
Attacked you?

Good god you’re a shell of your former self.

Hahaha

Tried to insult. That is more appropriate. I don’t get offended.

« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »
If Anderson isn’t any better. 
Doubt now pervades even the mindset of the traitors. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2020, 12:30:28 AM »
Anderson is better.
You got any evidence of this or we just have to take your word for it.

but we will win.
When? I'm not getting any younger you know.

SJUFAN

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2020, 12:54:05 AM »
You got any evidence of this or we just have to take your word for it.When? I'm not getting any younger you know.

Mullin’s first year coaching SJU ... 8-24 (1-17).

Anderson’s first year coaching SJU ... 13-10 (2-8).

With 8 games remaining he’s already exceeded Mullins first year win total. Pretty obvious based on the evidence.

It’s not going to happen much this year, which was expected. He did inherit a roster that is worse than any other BE roster.

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2020, 01:13:30 AM »
Mullin’s first year coaching SJU ... 8-24 (1-17).

Anderson’s first year coaching SJU ... 13-10 (2-8).

With 8 games remaining he’s already exceeded Mullins first year win total. Pretty obvious based on the evidence.

It’s not going to happen much this year, which was expected. He did inherit a roster that is worse than any other BE roster.
I have laid it out very clearly in many posts that CFC inherited a MUCH better lineup than Mullin did. EVERYBODY agrees with that. Even all of the traitors except you. You would know it also if you were only able to be honest with yourself.

« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2020, 01:44:25 AM »
Can we all just agree that this roster isn't very good at all, and Coach Anderson's coaching at the end of games is beyond atrocious. Guy seems clueless on how to close out games....how is no big brought in the guard Yurtseven....oh lets have a 6'7 freshman in Champagne guard him at the end of the the game! makes absolutely no sense.

This was an embarrassing loss on the players and the coach.People need to stop being delusional on here and start being realists.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2020, 02:17:39 AM »
I have laid it out very clearly in many posts that CFC inherited a MUCH better lineup than Mullin did. EVERYBODY agrees with that. Even all of the traitors except you. You would know it also if you were only able to be honest with yourself.

I think if we are comparing apples with apples then one would compare Mullin's first year with another coach's first year with zero experience, and then chart what happened after 4 years of experience to assess the learning curve and coaching acumen. But for the sake of the argument let us bring another coach's first-year record to bear but with 8 years experience as an assistant coach.

Mullin’s first year coaching SJU ... 8-24 (1-17) and by year 4 ... 21-13 (8-10)

Anderson’s first year coaching SJU ... 13-10 (2-8) and counting, and by year 4 TBD ...

Wright's first year coaching HU ... 10–18 (5–11) and by year 4 at HU ... 19–12 (11–7).

By this logic, Anderson is still the better coach as witnessed from first-year results. But is that really making the case?

TONYD3

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2020, 06:21:32 AM »
Can we all just agree that this roster isn't very good at all, and Coach Anderson's coaching at the end of games is beyond atrocious. Guy seems clueless on how to close out games....how is no big brought in the guard Yurtseven....oh lets have a 6'7 freshman in Champagne guard him at the end of the the game! makes absolutely no sense.

This was an embarrassing loss on the players and the coach.People need to stop being delusional on here and start being realists.
Agree

TONYD3

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2020, 06:26:18 AM »
Doubt now pervades even the mindset of the traitors. Oh what a tangled web we weave.
Mullin was 0-10 at this point, with 10 absolute knockouts. Losing 73-27 at half was fun. I can see why you remember him so fondly. Through 10 games Mullin was still shy. No “fxck you”, if he didn’t start a fight with fordham’s coach some people questioned if he was actually  alive.
If mike Anderson lost the rest of the games this season by an average of 25 points. He would still be better then Mullin.

« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »
I think if we are comparing apples with apples then one would compare Mullin's first year with another coach's first year with zero experience, and then chart what happened after 4 years of experience to assess the learning curve and coaching acumen. But for the sake of the argument let us bring another coach's first-year record to bear but with 8 years experience as an assistant coach.

Mullin’s first year coaching SJU ... 8-24 (1-17) and by year 4 ... 21-13 (8-10)

Anderson’s first year coaching SJU ... 13-10 (2-8) and counting, and by year 4 TBD ...

Wright's first year coaching HU ... 10–18 (5–11) and by year 4 at HU ... 19–12 (11–7).

By this logic, Anderson is still the better coach as witnessed from first-year results. But is that really making the case?
Look two posts up from this one.

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2020, 01:19:06 PM »
Mullin was 0-10 at this point, with 10 absolute knockouts. Losing 73-27 at half was fun. I can see why you remember him so fondly. Through 10 games Mullin was still shy. No “fxck you”, if he didn’t start a fight with fordham’s coach some people questioned if he was actually  alive.
If mike Anderson lost the rest of the games this season by an average of 25 points. He would still be better then Mullin.

Then why did you write "If Anderson isn’t any better.". The use of "If" conveys doubt and uncertainty. Which is understandable for a first year coach that is currently floundering.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:23:26 PM by carmineabbatiello »

TONYD3

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
Then why did you write "If Anderson isn’t any better.". The use of "If" conveys doubt and uncertainty. Which is understandable for a first year coach that is currently floundering.
Carmine- still interested in your so called point. I posted that after one of the worst 10 minute stretches that I have ever witnessed. No excuse for it. Anderson doesn’t get a pass. It was horrific. Plenty of things could have been done for us to get a win Saturday. I would have had LJ and Herron handle the ball more. I would have had a bigger player on their center.
Still 10 minutes doesn’t make a coach. But yes their is some doubt. I hope Anderson listens to his assistants this week. Plenty of season left. Some things can be salvaged.
The fact that you think that your boy got a raw deal is almost as amazing as he did a good job.
If Anderson continues to lose no one will be sticking up for him. No one thinks he is  amazing. That doesn’t mean he isn’t an incredible upgrade from Mullin.

SJUFAN

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »
Carmine- still interested in your so called point. I posted that after one of the worst 10 minute stretches that I have ever witnessed. No excuse for it. Anderson doesn’t get a pass. It was horrific. Plenty of things could have been done for us to get a win Saturday. I would have had LJ and Herron handle the ball more. I would have had a bigger player on their center.
Still 10 minutes doesn’t make a coach. But yes their is some doubt. I hope Anderson listens to his assistants this week. Plenty of season left. Some things can be salvaged.
The fact that you think that your boy got a raw deal is almost as amazing as he did a good job.
If Anderson continues to lose no one will be sticking up for him. No one thinks he is  amazing. That doesn’t mean he isn’t an incredible upgrade from Mullin.

We lost the game because we turned the ball over. Putting the ball in Heron’s or LJ hands isn’t the answer. They are not good ball handlers against no pressure. Our best ball handler and decision maker had two turnovers in a 5 minute span. I too would have liked to see Spears get some minutes, but we lost the game due to the pressure.

SJUFAN

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »

What is wrong with you? I’ve
never stated Anderson’s roster wasn’t better than Mullins, it is. Credit Anderson for re-recruiting LJ and Mullin for losing CO, Jordan, Sampson, and Samir. That being said, Anderson’s roster is still worse than any other roster in the BE. So explain to me what the relevance is?

Just because Anderson’s bad roster is a little better than Mullins bad roster doesn’t mean Anderson should be winning these games. Sunday’s game was the first game we should have won.

Foad

« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2020, 03:59:11 PM »
Sunday’s game was the first game we should have won.

Ahead of Vermont by five at the half at home, loss.

Ahead of Arizona State by nine at the half in CT, loss.

Ahead of Butler by five with three minutes left at home, loss.

Ahead of Seton Hall by 13 at the half at home, loss.

You're an easy grader.

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »
Nobody is questioning the veracity of his statement. Dave wrote “These recruits are all solely attributed to Van Macon.” You don’t see the negative connotation there?

Whether that is true or false is completely immaterial. I don’t see why it matters. Macon recruits for Anderson and his familiarity with NY was likely the primary reason he was hired.

This is how college basketball works. Assistants have the relationships, day to day communication, and put the ball on the tee.

Without Van Macon there isn't Champagnie, Posh, Wasu, etc.

The head coach is non-factor in this situation. This isn't a slight but it's the truth. Anderson hired Van Macon to do exactly this so obviously Anderson gets credit for putting people in position to be successful. This is part of being a head coach.

On the flip side if we didn't have a coach with local ties such as Van Macon. There is slimmer chance that TJ Cleveland or another assistant could have identified said talent, cultured relationship, and secured commitment in that time frame.

Again this isn't a slight but the simple truth.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2020, 04:09:07 PM »
You still no answering the question. Why did you feel it necessary to point that out?

You state there is no malice behind it but you said it for a reason and the timing of it was curious.

We're lucky to have Coach Macon on staff. He's best hire we got.

« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2020, 04:13:41 PM »
Ahead of Vermont by five at the half at home, loss.

Ahead of Arizona State by nine at the half in CT, loss.

Ahead of Butler by five with three minutes left at home, loss.

Ahead of Seton Hall by 13 at the half at home, loss.

You're an easy grader.

Good post Foad.

Talent good enough to lead and win these game. In game coaching or lack there of has lost it.

I think Anderson has done a great job of preparing team to play via practice but our lineups, tempo, lack of offensive structure has been picked apart by coaches at halftime.

Can't keep throwing fastball after fastball and not expect guys to eventually be able to turn on it.