Steere out indefinitely

• 102 replies
Re: Steere out indefinitely
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 08:44:12 PM »
Do you think I really care?  Ha!  Sleep what off?  Water?  Rat!  lol

I only came over tonight because I knew you would be spreading your propaganda.  My intuition was correct. 

You allow constant BS on this site, so I'm just making folks aware that you're the head honcho of BS, Morton Downey, Jr. 

You're right for the past 11 years I've been evilly plotting against St. John's. Graduating from the university with sports management degree and starting this website to jumpstart my career working in basketball.

I can't believe I've been figured out
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
You're right for the past 11 years I've been evilly plotting against St. John's. Graduating from the university with sports management degree and starting this website to jumpstart my career working in basketball.

Wait 10 minutes, Sherlock Dinkins will prove definitively that you're RealFan

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 12:42:25 AM »
The hits keep coming

Your boy is the gift that keeps on giving.

How's Nebraska doing this year?

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 12:46:20 AM »
Do you think I really care?  Ha!  Sleep what off?  Water?  Rat!  lol

I only came over tonight because I knew you would be spreading your propaganda.  My intuition was correct. 

You allow constant BS on this site, so I'm just making folks aware that you're the head honcho of BS, Morton Downey, Jr.

I came over for the same reason.

Dave has dried abdelmassih all over his face and forum.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:03 AM »
Wait 10 minutes, Sherlock Dinkins will prove definitively that you're RealFan

This is a CONSPIRACY y'all ... hilarious

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 01:10:46 AM »

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 01:17:35 AM »
This is a CONSPIRACY y'all ... hilarious

A racist (which you are) quoting a pussy that wouldn't defend himself or his family from someone who isn't known as a tough guy.  Y'all two are made for one another.....  Bitch made. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:18:00 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 10:49:59 AM »
If you guys are getting this upset over messages on the internet about a sports team you need to walk away. Not healthy to harbor this type of anger.

pmg911

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 01:38:32 PM »
maybe Old Red's imaginary cousin is a real person..?

what ever happened to RealFan..?

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 07:24:06 PM »
maybe Old Red's imaginary cousin is a real person..?

what ever happened to RealFan..?

Realfan was banned for racially charged messages.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 11:02:38 PM »
I know you are saying this to be insulting but it's just foolish. I don't know why you want to be such an antagonist by misspelling Mullin's name and saying things like this.

Transfers happen at a high rate. It's a fabric of the culture of the game. Just like free agency in the pro game is more of a thing then it was in the 80's too. 

Being too transient is not sustainable but there is nothing wrong with taking transfers especially to balance out scholarship distribution for long term success.

Anderson not playing Steere and having a plan for him was simply foolish. I'm not saying he was going to be a world beater but there are times he could have been impactful. 

Dave, coach told us even before Steere became eligible that needed to get in game shape. The YouTube videos said otherwise. He can’t move he’s so out of shape. Who was foolish here? I didn’t expect him to be Jayson Williams, but being so out shape made him an Achilles heel whenever he was out there instead of the mid season jolt we all hoped for.

Foad

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2020, 09:09:22 AM »
Dave, coach told us even before Steere became eligible that needed to get in game shape. The YouTube videos said otherwise. He can’t move he’s so out of shape. Who was foolish here? I didn’t expect him to be Jayson Williams, but being so out shape made him an Achilles heel whenever he was out there

He played 18 garbage time minutes spread out over five games. To the extent that it's possible to come to any sort of conclusion about anyone in a four minute spurt (ew) that's hardly an Achilles heel, unless you don't know what an Achilles heel is, in which case you make a good point.

Remember when Curtis Johnson - who legitimately could barely walk - singlehandedly beat Notre Dame that one year? Good times.

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 10:13:58 AM »
He played 18 garbage time minutes spread out over five games. To the extent that it's possible to come to any sort of conclusion about anyone in a four minute spurt (ew) that's hardly an Achilles heel, unless you don't know what an Achilles heel is, in which case you make a good point.

Remember when Curtis Johnson - who legitimately could barely walk - singlehandedly beat Notre Dame that one year? Good times.
Curtis Johnson came to my school last year. He works for college access. He came to my class. I couldn’t think of his name. I just said Notre dame. He thought that was funny. Very nice guy.
Steere not playing is entirely a Steere issue. Something wrong with him. 2 schools in 2 years. Maybe someone could have checked out his character.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2020, 10:27:51 AM »
Curtis Johnson came to my school last year. He works for college access. He came to my class. I couldn’t think of his name. I just said Notre dame. He thought that was funny. Very nice guy.
Steere not playing is entirely a Steere issue. Something wrong with him. 2 schools in 2 years. Maybe someone could have checked out his character.

Dave's boy doesn't care about character and he can't talent evaluate. His slimy ass just looks at recruiting rankings on 24/7 and ESPN and hits up kid's on twitter. I wish I was kidding.

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »
Dave's boy doesn't care about character and he can't talent evaluate. His slimy ass just looks at recruiting rankings on 24/7 and ESPN and hits up kid's on twitter. I wish I was kidding.

You’re pretty annoying. You can say a lot of things about the last staff or Matt but their talent evaluation was pretty good.

ras

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2020, 10:43:42 AM »
I have no idea what he did in practice or if he went to class. I would have liked to see what he could have done w more PT, especially w our lack of a true big.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »

I could tell that Anderson was right when he said he wasn’t in game shape before started playing

Know who else said he looked out of shape? You did.

And no, that game at MSG in 2004, which I attended, was won by Darryl “Showtime” Hill. It was one of his best games as a Johnny.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2020, 01:46:28 PM »
I have no idea what he did in practice or if he went to class. I would have liked to see what he could have done w more PT, especially w our lack of a true big.

How could he have been given more minutes? He looked like he was going to have a heart attack after the first one.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 03:06:25 PM »

If you want to debate decisions that's fine but when you bring character into this I have issue.

I think there can be philosophical debate on recruiting strategy on risk vs reward. If you specifically want to single out Coach Matt's track record on recruits I would classify him as more of a risk taker. I think in large those risks have what has propelled him to a fast track as a successful high major assistant.

As for the players I think it's extremely ignorant for you character assassinate without knowing anything about them. While all players come from different socioeconomic backgrounds there are a large contingent that come from poor ones. Now there is difference between a bad kid and a bad decision. Especially as a Christian and Vincentian University there is a level of service and compassion that we should have. A lot of these kid's lives and futures become better because of education and sport. There are tons of examples to support this.

Now specifically to Ian Steere. I've known Ian since he is sophomore in high school. He played on one of the programs I work with. He originally committed to Creighton and short after he switched private high schools he decommitted and eventually committed to NC State (in his home state). He got to campus and immediately wanted out and didn't jive with Kevin Keatts (who is very difficult personality and a lot of players wanted out) and left. He's not a bad kid but I could see this from his POV very easily. 

Gets to NC State based on promises that weren't met. Commits to St. John's because of Mullin and gets stuck with Anderson. Now he's not getting minutes and becomes mal content.  I think he should have been in better shape however I do not think he was unsuitable to play minutes.  He needed to get minutes to get his rust off. There are some coaches who make things work and others who say see ya later. Lavin, Mullin, and Anderson all fall into the latter.

Ian Steere is a good big man. He can play. Where he goes next? Who knows at this point but big bodied bigs who have some skill aren't plentiful. It's a shame his career has turned out like this.

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 03:09:42 PM »
Dave, coach told us even before Steere became eligible that needed to get in game shape. The YouTube videos said otherwise. He can’t move he’s so out of shape. Who was foolish here? I didn’t expect him to be Jayson Williams, but being so out shape made him an Achilles heel whenever he was out there instead of the mid season jolt we all hoped for.

He never played more than 5 min. Would have loved to see a plan to increase his mins in spurts and overall. There was never any rhyme or reason and in turn no rhythm.

He should have been in better shape though. There is no doubt about it.