Marquette thread dos

• 45 replies
Re: Marquette thread dos
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 02:43:06 PM »
Lazarus! You need to revive the Iona thread-I know nothing about their program this season without contribution from you the insider. Creates a good diversion when we stink as usual.

Haha. I havent been able to catch much of either Iona or SJU this year. Down year for Baldi on the college hoops front. I will say this, JC impressed the hell out me. Man child. Should be all freshman team if they still have that. Rough year for the Gaels.  They are 7 seed against Canisius. Hopefully Cluess makes it back for next year
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:43:41 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
+1 but streak still in jeopardy if lose first round of BET and a post season T.

Good win today, it assures us a 500. or better record. If we lose to Georgetown, then we won't be in the nit, or shouldn't be.
We had Georgetown at the Garden the last time, up 17 with 16minutes to go before choking.    This team doesn't know how to kill the clock, they try and they f up, they gotta keep being aggressive, they thrive at that.

Dan

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:40 PM »
The second half problems are inexcusable but I'll gladly take the win. 

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 03:04:29 PM »
Haha. I havent been able to catch much of either Iona or SJU this year. Down year for Baldi on the college hoops front. I will say this, JC impressed the hell out me. Man child. Should be all freshman team if they still have that. Rough year for the Gaels.  They are 7 seed against Canisius. Hopefully Cluess makes it back for next year
Thanks. How is Cleuss if you know?

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
Thanks. How is Cleuss if you know?

Haven't heard a peep on that all year.  Coaching changes tweeted last week that he is stepping down and Grasso is coming back

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2020, 03:10:01 PM »
+1 but streak still in jeopardy if lose first round of BET and a post season T.

Can we make the NIT with a .500 record? I doubt we accept a CBI or lower bid.

Dan

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »
Can we make the NIT with a .500 record? I doubt we accept a CBI or lower bid.
They should accept whatever they're offered.  The players need the experience. 

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2020, 03:21:33 PM »
They should accept whatever they're offered.  The players need the experience. 

I'm not disagreeing, but I don't think we've accepted a bid to anything lower than the NIT since Norm.

Foad

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2020, 04:11:26 PM »
Dave Leitao ain't dead yet

How many games would Wojodumski win with Leitao's roster.

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 04:27:06 PM »
Good win. Haven't been able to watch past few games my mother has been seriously ill. Champagnie has been really impressive I really underestimated his ability as a stretch 4. Hope we can grab a win against Georgetown would be fun to get a crack at Seton Hall.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2020, 04:37:18 PM »
Good win. Haven't been able to watch past few games my mother has been seriously ill. Champagnie has been really impressive I really underestimated his ability as a stretch 4. Hope we can grab a win against Georgetown would be fun to get a crack at Seton Hall.

Prayers for your mom.

Creighton just clinched the 1 seed so we'll draw them if we get past Gtown.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
I think there are two issues that have led to this.  First, with Anderson's style of play, you need more quality depth than we have.  Because we are limited offensively, he is forced to stay with guys who are performing better on that end for longer periods throughout a game and they wear down.  Second, while Rutherford was good today, not having multiple capable ball handlers who can stem the tide when teams are going on runs and the like.

The second half problems are inexcusable but I'll gladly take the win. 

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »
Congrats to CFC.

He willed his charges to not giving him his first sub .500 when it was looking almost inevitable nearing the conference portion ending.

I'm looking forward to my 1st Garden trip on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 05:32:36 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2020, 06:03:13 PM »
Prayers for your mom.

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2020, 06:24:41 PM »

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2020, 07:22:52 PM »
On the one hand you have floor slapping dope Wojo Wojowinkski, probably the worst coach in the league. Add to that an early start in another time zone and after effects of the reunion candlelight dinner Wojo and Cragg had at Rao's last night where they stared lovingly into each other's eyes and shared warm memories of Mike Strewshrenski. On other hand you have St John's propensity to choke away winnable games. So I predict forty minutes of awful ending in a draw. On the bright side St John's is such a big time program that the game's not on here until 10:30 PM, so I don't have to suffer thru it.

FOAD was almost right again....as the number one Johnnie hater, he often gets it right!!

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2020, 01:25:09 AM »
Dave, I'm sorry to hear that. All the best to you and your mom.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2020, 08:24:59 AM »
prayers to you and your Mom

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
Sending prayers Dave...

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2020, 11:56:02 AM »
Wishing you and your Mom all the best.