BET

• 85 replies

Foad

Re: BET
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2020, 04:01:55 PM »
You must be kidding.  You're too bright to believe it and I know you're a ballbreaker

He's my favorite president ever. Obviously he's not perfect: he's no where near conservative enough for me, but my views skew slightly to the right of Caligula. But he's done some things of which I approve, mostly having to do with ending endless pointless wars; shrinking the size and reach government to expand personal liberties; and transforming the judiciary. But the thing I like the most is that he makes so many people so very unhappy, because other than vodka other people's misery is at this point nearly the only thing that brings me joy.

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2020, 05:04:30 PM »
Fortunately the basketball season is over so I can go back to discussing things that are interesting, like this from 2019

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/07/15/house-orders-pentagon-to-say-if-it-weaponized-ticks-and-released-them/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-passes-amendment-ordering-pentagon-to-investigate-whether-ticks-were-weaponized/

Survey says!

In terms of nature, there is nothing unique about the northeast. It is not isolated geographically. It has a similar ecosystem and has a nearly identical climate to 2/3’s of the contiguous US.

It makes no sense that Lyme Disease would just naturally appear in a small pocket near the NY/CT border naturally around 1975.

Old Lyme, CT can be seen from Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

Foad

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2020, 05:15:51 PM »
In terms of nature, there is nothing unique about the northeast. It is not isolated geographically. It has a similar ecosystem and has a nearly identical climate to 2/3’s of the contiguous US.

It makes no sense that Lyme Disease would just naturally appear in a small pocket near the NY/CT border naturally around 1975.

Old Lyme, CT can be seen from Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

Have some delicious thalidomide, it's good for you and your baby.

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2020, 06:22:33 PM »
This was a bio-terrorism attack. This is an engineered, hybrid virus;HIV meds are used to treat it.

History has shown many previous governments and societies killing/infecting their own for mutiple reasons. WWII, the US government purposely infected Tuskegee Airmen with syphillus, and left it untreated to measure the effects. Pol Pot, 1980s Cambodia. Idi Amin 1970s Uganda.

Unfortunately, many examples of governments disabling or killing their own citizens

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »
Have some delicious thalidomide, it's good for you and your baby.
Thalidomide has resurrected itself as an oncology agent.

Foad

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
I don't have much faith in human nature but on some level in the deepest reaches of my consciousness, I would like to believe that governments are not so vile and pernicious as to release the plague purposefully on their own populace.

Plus my limited knowledge of Asian culture includes that they have a great deal of respect and reverence for the elderly

Good point. I mean sure, Mao murdered 30 or 40 million people but that was 60 years ago, that's a lifetime or two, things have changed. Nowadays the Chicom government is full of respect and reverence for its citizens. It barely enslaves any of them or it'd never harvest the organs of concentration camp detainees and certainly they'd never run their own people over with tanks or anything. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2020, 08:01:25 PM »
I miss sports

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2020, 11:09:02 PM »
That is warfare between two super powers in the 21st century. Get used to it.
Then why did they go through draconian measures such as quarantining tens of millions once the virus was out? Why didn't they just let the virus fester and spread for max effectiveness of their diabolical scheme?

Marillac

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2020, 01:14:21 AM »
Then why did they go through draconian measures such as quarantining tens of millions once the virus was out? Why didn't they just let the virus fester and spread for max effectiveness of their diabolical scheme?

First, you speak of the virus like it’s the plague. It will have a mortality rate of around 1% when the dust settles.

Second, it’s the geo-political equivalent of shutting off the lights when you have night vision goggles and the opposition doesn’t. Asians deal with these threats all the time and are very well disciplined in doing so.

Americans and westerners in general are not prepared and don’t take this seriously. My Facebook timeline is filled with people complaining about the St. Patrick’s Day parade and NCAA tournament being cancelled.

Two hours before I dropped my mom off at the Palm Beach airport yesterday I told her that a passenger traveling on her airline traveling from where she was going (New York) that landed at Palm Beach tested positive and her response was, “I don’t care. Is my flight on time?”

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2020, 07:36:54 AM »
Guys, this isn’t the info wars forum

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2020, 08:40:23 AM »
That is warfare between two super powers in the 21st century. Get used to it.
The next interesting question is...what do we do to answer back? Cyber, economic...?

cjfish

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2020, 11:22:49 AM »
This was a bio-terrorism attack. This is an engineered, hybrid virus;HIV meds are used to treat it.

History has shown many previous governments and societies killing/infecting their own for mutiple reasons. WWII, the US government purposely infected Tuskegee Airmen with syphillus, and left it untreated to measure the effects. Pol Pot, 1980s Cambodia. Idi Amin 1970s Uganda.

Your history is correct.  your conjecture is ridiculous.  China would do nothing to effect their steamroller of an economy. 
Unfortunately, many examples of governments disabling or killing their own citizens

cjfish

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »
He's my favorite president ever. Obviously he's not perfect: he's no where near conservative enough for me, but my views skew slightly to the right of Caligula. But he's done some things of which I approve, mostly having to do with ending endless pointless wars; shrinking the size and reach government to expand personal liberties; and transforming the judiciary. But the thing I like the most is that he makes so many people so very unhappy, because other than vodka other people's misery is at this point nearly the only thing that brings me joy.

Well, Im a bit left of center but not Bernie left.  His policy in the east is the one area I agree with Chump, excepting the Kurd scenario.  My view of his handling of government is obviously different, I find he is replacing experienced knowledgeable people with people who don't know what they are doing and his cuts are often damaging.  Cutting the international pandemic response locations is a current example of his stupidity.  LOL at the unhappy bit, one of my closest friends is your personality clone   

Rodman

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 03:16:31 PM »
I don’t get your point. Do you think China wouldn’t try to get a leg up on us? Do you think we aren’t competing against them in spite of financial relationships? We are...and on many levels from currency manipulation to trade wars.

China can use their wet markets to cover up any purposeful release of a virus. Put morality aside for a second and tell me what negative long term consequences China will suffer compared to the rest of the world?

They will rid themselves of many of their older people who are strains on the economy. They put down the Hong Kong riots overnight as well as unrest in other areas.

They have an insanely disciplined population that takes these epidemics seriously unlike the west. They have an authoritarian government that can literally make people do whatever they want to mitigate the effects of an outbreak.

Oh, and 95% of the antibiotics Americans use are made in China. Without looking, I’d bet the % of antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer is pretty damn high too.

This was intentional.

If this was intentional it was a huge flop.  3,000 deaths in china with a population of over 1 billion is a drop in the bucket.  That is .0003% of the population or 1 in 3,333 people.  The swine flu killed over 14,000 in the US and there was no mass hysteria like this one.

I think you have point in regards to taking the focus off of Hong Kong.

Rodman

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2020, 03:21:46 PM »
Good point. I mean sure, Mao murdered 30 or 40 million people but that was 60 years ago, that's a lifetime or two, things have changed. Nowadays the Chicom government is full of respect and reverence for its citizens. It barely enslaves any of them or it'd never harvest the organs of concentration camp detainees and certainly they'd never run their own people over with tanks or anything. 

People love to point out how many people religion has killed in wars but, communist/aethiest governments just since 1900 have murdered millions and millions of their own people.

Foad

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2020, 04:12:26 PM »
If this was intentional it was a huge flop. 

The US market's down a third, schools, libraries are closing, public events are being shut down and people are having fist fights over toilet paper. Iran is building mass graves. Spain and Italy are in shut down. Is that really a huge flop? 

Foad

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2020, 04:14:50 PM »
c) To increase antibiotic and health related product sales and prices

Antibiotics are useless against viruses Madame Curie.

Foad

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2020, 04:16:48 PM »
The swine flu killed over 14,000 in the US and there was no mass hysteria like this one.

Thirty thousand people died from the flu last year.

Foad

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
Ooh, my little COVID one, my COVID nine
When you gonna give me some time, Corona
Ooh, you make my noses run, my noses run
Got it coming out of Red Chine, Corona

Never gonna stop, give it up, such a camel tease
Always get it up, get it up, when you cough and wheeze
My, my, my, aye-aye, whoa!
M-m-m-my Corona

Come a little closer, huh, a-will ya, huh?
Close enough to spray in my eyes, Corona
Giving it a histamine, histamine
Ever with the cries of bonzai, Corona

Always get it up, get it up, when you cough and sneeze
M-m-m-my Corona
M-m-m-my Corona

When you gonna get to me, get to me
Is it just a matter of time, Corona?
Is it just a destiny, destiny
Or is it just a game of the mind, Corona?

Always get it up, get it up, when you whoop and wheeze
M-m-m-my Corona
M-m-m-my Corona

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2020, 05:02:03 PM »
First, you speak of the virus like it’s the plague. It will have a mortality rate of around 1% when the dust settles.
Well that would be nice but it'll have to drop a lot to get to 1%.  It's at about  4% worldwide with Italy running about 7%.