Toro to St Johns

• 25 replies
Re: Toro to St Johns
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 11:27:49 PM »
I was impressed with some the the defense that I saw Wusu play. 

Take a look here - Wusu is #2 in green.  He justs gets after it hard.
 https://youtu.be/rl_nSrD0qpQ?t=46

And that was (if the dates are right) during Wusu's sophmore season.

I can see Mike Anderson spinning some Earlington magic with this type of hustle.  Raise the ghosts of Charles Mineland, Anthony Glover, Dom Pointer, Billy Singleton, etc. 

@goredmen - I hope you are right, I hadn't considered that was the reason why Toro didn't get the minutes.  I know we have had a tough time against the Khalif Young / Nate Preston's of Providence, specifically. 

@Johnnies93!! - I kinda agree!  I think we are going to be a fun team to watch. 

Wusu is a developmental piece. He will probably be the last guy in the rotation.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 11:30:57 PM »
I know I’m gonna get major slack, but I really love this class based on the short time staff has been here...

Posh 3*-we all know he is easily a 4* as he was prior to injury but whatever....

Wusu-3*-fits the system of MA perfectly...built like a football player

Cole-first team Juco all
American who fits our need for outside shooting

Moore- 3rd team JUCO AA
Gives us depth and height up front

Toro- A10 player who has a great rebound to time played ratio..and will provide experience as well as more depth up front

Okay so tell me how much better we could have done....I’ll wait and see what responses are and take my medicine if need be

OK here goes-please distinguish the meaning of the word slack from flack (sorry couldn't help it I guess it is a pet peeve of mine because so many people say slack when they mean flack).  ::) ;) :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:31:31 PM by Celtics11 »

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »
With the program that coach is building, our star will have to come from within, and that hasn’t been St.John’s basketball in a long time.

Out of Greg Williams, Marcellus Earlington, Josh Roberts and Julian Champagnie, we may have to find our star. It comes down to the kind of work they want to put in.

I think we’d be better off not counting on Posh Alexander or Vince Cole to be our star player in their first season.

That’s happened with Omar Cook and Marcus Hatten, and it hasn’t happened since.

Cole will be Batman unless, by some miracle, LJ returns. My early guess is 16.5 and 5 per game with no LJ.

Champagnie and Dunn will be Robin.

Williams does not have the assertiveness to be that kind of player.

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 09:15:29 AM »
Wusu is a developmental piece. He will probably be the last guy in the rotation.

Probably in a typical style, but not under Anderson. That is the give and take with him, the stars may not play to their potential but the raw players can contribute early.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »
Cole will be Batman unless, by some miracle, LJ returns. My early guess is 16.5 and 5 per game with no LJ.

Champagnie and Dunn will be Robin.

Williams does not have the assertiveness to be that kind of player.

We agree. How about that. Guys like Williams and Caraher were gun shy to a fault. I think they meant by it, and who knows, maybe they’ll come back prepared to do more. For both of them, this was their first season in the BE playing real minutes.

Williams started to be more assertive towards the end of the season, but more than any player I can remember, he didn’t want to attack. He has to work on his handle, and that will help with his confidence. Not a finished product, but a hard working kid it seems.

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 01:36:50 PM »
Probably in a typical style, but not under Anderson. That is the give and take with him, the stars may not play to their potential but the raw players can contribute early.

I understand that, but who is he taking mins from other than maybe Caraher?