Ray Salnave: Monmouth Grad Transfer

• 150 replies
Re: Ray Salnave: Monmouth Grad Transfer
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:54 PM »
There is nothing wrong with optimism but Ray Salnave is not helping us move up in the Big East.

With all due respect I’m gonna continue to take mike Anderson’s track record over yours.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 10:05:22 PM »
It was more than a year ago but Salnave was suspended two games by Rice King  for ``conduct unbecoming of a Monmouth Basketball player.''

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.app.com/amp/2726995002

Poison

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 11:30:53 PM »
With all due respect I’m gonna continue to take mike Anderson’s track record over yours.

Coach Anderson has brought in one BE player so far. Dunn, Rutherford and Sears shouldn’t have been recruited to play at this level

Dave was right to be concerned with his recruiting. Let’s hope he’s more wrong than right this time. I’m sure he’d rather it turn out that way.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:31:15 PM by Poison »

QuanMan

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 12:53:25 AM »
Coach Anderson has brought in one BE player so far. Dunn, Rutherford and Sears shouldn’t have been recruited to play at this level

Dave was right to be concerned with his recruiting. Let’s hope he’s more wrong than right this time. I’m sure he’d rather it turn out that way.
Rah was heralded as undoubtedly the best most talented player on the practice floor last preseason. His elite athleticism, speed and ball handling can fit in any league in the country. If he had his waiver lifted earlier during the OOC he wouldn't of had that drastic of a learning curve. I expect him to have a huge year this season, especially with a year of comfort underneath his belt with his teammates against familiar competition. I wouldn't be surprised at 16-5-5 across the board for Rah.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2020, 01:16:54 AM »
Rah was heralded as undoubtedly the best most talented player on the practice floor last preseason. His elite athleticism, speed and ball handling can fit in any league in the country. If he had his waiver lifted earlier during the OOC he wouldn't of had that drastic of a learning curve. I expect him to have a huge year this season, especially with a year of comfort underneath his belt with his teammates against familiar competition. I wouldn't be surprised at 16-5-5 across the board for Rah.

With that usage rate I'd expect 35% shooting and 4+ turnovers
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2020, 01:20:40 AM »
Does that mean he’s staying?
Just asking

Lol how would that mean he’s staying? There are two ways to interpret that:  he wants to graduate and go pro or the far more likely scenario of graduating to transfer immediately.

St. John’s is a very hard school to graduate from in two years for a transfer because it requires a combined 18 credits of theology and philosophy on top of the major and more total credits than most schools. You also have to earn more than half of the credits needed to graduate at St. John’s. I would be surprised if he managed that.

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 01:23:38 AM »

You're more than welcome to but everything I've stated since Mike Anderson has been hired has played out. I'm not here to say I told you so but my concerns have validity.

For all the people who complained about transfers we are taking average players off bad teams in MAAC, NEC, A-10, CAA, and D2 now. Please someone defend that as a winning recruiting plan.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 01:27:50 AM »
I think Salnave can play at this level. My only question is what he offers over Dunn and Williams. Almost any other year he would be a no-brainer.

If one of our PGs decides to break Marillac’s heart and transfer then be would be a terrific replacement.

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 01:46:19 AM »
I think it's obvious this staff will disappoint out on the recruiting field. Two recruiting classes in and we've yet to land a certified top 100 guy and 21 doesn't look too promising either.

I have no problem with Ray. I like having upperclassmen already. The issue is relying on guys like this to be significant parts of the offense at the BE level.

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 03:10:09 AM »
You're more than welcome to but everything I've stated since Mike Anderson has been hired has played out. I'm not here to say I told you so but my concerns have validity.

For all the people who complained about transfers we are taking average players off bad teams in MAAC, NEC, A-10, CAA, and D2 now. Please someone defend that as a winning recruiting plan.

Rutherford was a last minute add last year by necessity. Did you have an issue with taking Mouvika as a last minute add who was likewise not a BE player in any respect?  At least Rutherford was an impact player on the defensive side at this level, for all his problems on offense. I would have liked to see what Anderson could have done with him in 4 years with an actual offseason program and coaching.

Who did we take from D-II?  If your problem is with Dunn and Toro as depth guys, how is that different than Carraher or Dixon?  And would you rather have a guy like Dunn on your roster or some transfer from a high level school that has all kinds of issues with a better chance of flaming out (Keita, Steere, El Wright etc).

I don’t know whether Cole, Moore, Posh or Wusu will be good players or not. On paper I don’t think a few JUCO AA’s and two 3 star kids from NY, one of whom in Posh may be underranked because of an ill-times injury, is a bad thing on paper. Just like I didn’t think Champaigne was a bad thing prior to last year - on paper - and he was one of the best freshman in the league.

Jury is still out on recruiting. If the choice is between a slightly lesser ranked kid who will stay here and develop versus swinging for the fenced with more risky but talented kids, I’m not sure the former is a worse strategy, especially if you can augment that with a higher ranked prospect or two in each class (and maybe Cole and Posh turn out to be that for 2020).

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2020, 03:14:06 AM »

I don’t think anyone had a problem with transfers per se. Everyone loved Simon, Clark and Owens. People had an issue with being overly reliant on them and some of the risks that were taken. Talent is great, but when your talented PG gets suspended multiple times during the year and thrown off the team before the Big 10 tournament, such that you have to use walk on football players to field a lineup, a different strategy that is less risk averse might make some sense.

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 03:25:07 AM »

Not quite, you said this will be the first year he will finish below .500. :angel:

I disagree , Rah and Rutherford are Big East players. Rah gets to the hole almost at will. Rutherford is big time defensively ,both players rebound well and have good motors.
Neither are starters at this level I will admit that.
Spears on the other hand , had the best style on the team  :crazy2:
If LJ  :'( is out I would prefer we grab a kid that is trying to reclassify from 2021 to 2020.
I am hearing the NCAA will not be as strict on admission into colleges this school year, therefore  some 2021 players  are taking full advantage and are bolting early with the lack of AAU to show their stuff.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2020, 07:29:58 AM »
Dave you also told us Ian Steere would be the best big we had in years ....you loved Mikey Dixon, Keita pick ups also. We wasted 2 years on each on these guys ....“don’t want to say I told you so” but hey bud guess what they all sucked and you liked them cause your boy recruited them ....LOL 🙄
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 07:31:29 AM by talkbigeast »

Johnny23

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 07:44:32 AM »
^ So much for being right all the time  :2funny:

Some of you must think others don't read your posts. Consistency is key.

QuanMan

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2020, 07:49:36 AM »
With that usage rate I'd expect 35% shooting and 4+ turnovers

2019-20 In 29 MPG-

PTS   
REB
AST
FG%

If he plays the same minutes this season those numbers are going up. With Salnave plus Cole and Wusu at the wing his minutes are getting cut down however.
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2020, 07:51:15 AM »
Dave you also told us Ian Steere would be the best big we had in years ....you loved Mikey Dixon, Keita pick ups also. We wasted 2 years on each on these guys ....“don’t want to say I told you so” but hey bud guess what they all sucked and you liked them c
ause your boy recruited them ....LOL 🙄

LMAO
Section 3
Section 116

Johnny23

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »
2019-20 In 29 MPG-

PTS   
REB
AST
FG%

If he plays the same minutes this season those numbers are going up. With Salnave plus Cole and Wusu at the wing his minutes are getting cut down however.

Agreed. There's no doubt that Dunn should have a more prolific season this year playing his true off guard role with two true PG's on the roster.

We don't need anymore transfers. No thanks on Salnave. This team was already competitive last year in a complete transition season. I expect the wins and performance to both go up this year with the large majority returning and the added pieces.

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2020, 08:08:21 AM »
You're more than welcome to but everything I've stated since Mike Anderson has been hired has played out.

You actually believe this stuff?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »
You actually believe this stuff?

The act is old it’s every player we recruit and we bring in he has a comment about. 

Cole - “he would be an interesting role player surprised we took commitment this early”

Posh - “not bad but not great”

And we no how he feels about Rutherford / Sears (who btw was better then Lazy ass Steere) and now Salnave the list goes on and on ...I am sure I can find stuff he ripped on Penny about ....the difference is these guys Rutherford/ Sears / Toro and hopefully Salnave are 1 year rentals to actually DO the dirty work for the team.

But for guys the old staffs guys he has the below to stay

Keita - he will do the dirty work exactly what we need

Steere- kid is a beast great hustle will be huge for us  ....Loved Dixon ...Loved Lovett all these kids had BAGGAGE BUT We still bought them on and you praised them

Every CMA recruit he throws shade there way ....it’s his way

Instead of being excited after a 17-15 season and some big wins in CMA first year and to close year strong to build on next year he wants to talk about every recruits baggage and why they are bad fit.....we could be 12 players deep next year and make some noise in Big East but he wants to play the told you so game
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:14:58 AM by talkbigeast »

QuanMan

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2020, 10:38:27 AM »
The act is old it’s every player we recruit and we bring in he has a comment about. 

Cole - “he would be an interesting role player surprised we took commitment this early”

Posh - “not bad but not great”

And we no how he feels about Rutherford / Sears (who btw was better then Lazy ass Steere) and now Salnave the list goes on and on ...I am sure I can find stuff he ripped on Penny about ....the difference is these guys Rutherford/ Sears / Toro and hopefully Salnave are 1 year rentals to actually DO the dirty work for the team.

But for guys the old staffs guys he has the below to stay

Keita - he will do the dirty work exactly what we need

Steere- kid is a beast great hustle will be huge for us  ....Loved Dixon ...Loved Lovett all these kids had BAGGAGE BUT We still bought them on and you praised them

Every CMA recruit he throws shade there way ....it’s his way

Instead of being excited after a 17-15 season and some big wins in CMA first year and to close year strong to build on next year he wants to talk about every recruits baggage and why they are bad fit.....we could be 12 players deep next year and make some noise in Big East but he wants to play the told you so game

*Also admittedly didn't watch the last 5 games of the season, what 'fan' does that?*
Section 3
Section 116