Lasalle 11/26

• 154 replies

Johnny23

Re: Lasalle 11/26
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2020, 11:52:19 AM »
Heron was so good that Auburn had their best team in forever the year after he transferred out.

Now that's talent.

Poison

« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2020, 11:59:17 AM »
Heron was so good that Auburn had their best team in forever the year after he transferred out.

Now that's talent.

Bruce Pearl drove him to the airport.

« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2020, 12:37:28 PM »
Dave Dave Dave!!! Your in the business!! Your right we are wrong!! You want to keep beating this drum I will beat my drum!! Dave’s way or no way!!!

« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »
You rip St John’s a team your “suppose to be a fan” of for a win over St Peters in there first game with our best player out. Where is that for Butler/ Xavier after there close calls vs bad teams? What about Virginia losing to San Fran? UCLA needing double OT to beat Pepperdine  how about Nebraska losing to Nevada?! The list goes on ....you bash on this team/ recruits and wins so much it’s ridiculous. ....it’s ok we are all use to it everyone talks about it it’s you vs the posters

jr49

« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »
Could not agree more. If we are expecting to just develop low level recruits and JUCOs as our main plan we are in a lot of trouble. I was optimistic at first when we hired CMA, but now I totally see what you said from the beginning Dave.

Yeah we beat out mid majors for most of our recruits. Do some of them pan out after good development? Of course, but our fan base loves to overrate most of these players saying that they are perfect fits for our program. This doesn't mean I hate CMA and do not like the players, just think we need to be better of we want the sustained success that we all yearn for.
Coach needed a full team to show his vision of what he can do with a full team of the kind of players we all want. He is not a lazy man. Gotta chop some wood.There is a lesson somewhere in there.

Poison

« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2020, 04:18:18 PM »
Coach needed a full team to show his vision of what he can do with a full team of the kind of players we all want. He is not a lazy man. Gotta chop some wood.There is a lesson somewhere in there.

True. Thing is, as we’ve seen, all coaches need a full team. Mullin and Lavin had one full team between them both.

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2020, 09:26:55 AM »
Dave Dave Dave!!! Your in the business!! Your right we are wrong!! You want to keep beating this drum I will beat my drum!! Dave’s way or no way!!!

We've been around for 13 years and everyone has been able to discuss and talk freely about St. John's basketball here since day 1. If you're unable to have a civil discussion and debate then you're in the wrong place. I try and provide insights when I have them and share my opinion just as anyone else.

Everyone will have varying thoughts which is what makes for healthy discussion. Let's talk hoops not try to tear down each other.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »
You rip St John’s a team your “suppose to be a fan” of for a win over St Peters in there first game with our best player out. Where is that for Butler/ Xavier after there close calls vs bad teams? What about Virginia losing to San Fran? UCLA needing double OT to beat Pepperdine  how about Nebraska losing to Nevada?! The list goes on ....you bash on this team/ recruits and wins so much it’s ridiculous. ....it’s ok we are all use to it everyone talks about it it’s you vs the posters

Perhaps you need to re-read some posts. No one here is bashing and there are plenty of teams across America who've looked bad with no scrimmages or exhibitions and limited practice.

We haven't seen the best version of ourselves yet but I am concerned that version is simply not good enough to be competitive in the Big East.

How about contributing to the discussion? What's something that caught your attention this game?

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2020, 09:31:32 AM »

Now that's talent.

Now that's recruiting.

Johnny23

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »
Now that's recruiting over lesser talent.

FIFY

Foad

« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2020, 03:44:13 PM »
FIFY

Are you so jaded that you can't enjoy the feeling of Iron Mike's balls bouncing off your chins without bashing poor injured Mustapha Heron, he of the ailing mother?

This is the forum where we trust the coach's evaluation of talent above everything else, yes? Meaning it doesn't matter that our "lesser talent" was twice Connecticut POTY, a five star recruit, a HS all american and a 2nd team all SEC player. That doesn't matter. And it certainly doesn't matter what Dave and the rest of the dummies on this forum think. Because the opinions of others - I don't recall how exactly you put it but I think it was the opinions of those who disagree with you "don't hold much weight." Okay.

“[Heron] was one of the all-time best freshmen ever to play at Auburn. As a sophomore he became a ... leader and he helped Auburn win its third regular season SEC championship in program history.” Who said that do you think. If you guessed Auburn's head coach, you win a pearl necklace.

Poison

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2020, 05:08:02 PM »
Are you so jaded that you can't enjoy the feeling of Iron Mike's balls bouncing off your chins without bashing poor injured Mustapha Heron, he of the ailing mother?

This is the forum where we trust the coach's evaluation of talent above everything else, yes? Meaning it doesn't matter that our "lesser talent" was twice Connecticut POTY, a five star recruit, a HS all american and a 2nd team all SEC player. That doesn't matter. And it certainly doesn't matter what Dave and the rest of the dummies on this forum think. Because the opinions of others - I don't recall how exactly you put it but I think it was the opinions of those who disagree with you "don't hold much weight." Okay.

“[Heron] was one of the all-time best freshmen ever to play at Auburn. As a sophomore he became a ... leader and he helped Auburn win its third regular season SEC championship in program history.” Who said that do you think. If you guessed Auburn's head coach, you win a pearl necklace.

How will we ever replace his production?

Johnny23

« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »

Oh what could've been, yet never did. BC tonight. 3-0 on the line. Stay positive.

Foad

« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2020, 06:43:41 PM »
How will we ever replace his production?

You mean his 14 ppg and 40 percent from 3 on one leg? Coach Third Choice coaches McGriff up, duh.

Marillac

« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2020, 11:44:30 AM »

Now that's talent.

They progressed as you would expect with the returning talent. Heron would have been the Big East player of the year at Butler. Players fit systems. He is a guy that excels in structure.