Lasalle 11/26

• 154 replies

Poison

Re: Lasalle 11/26
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 06:08:25 PM »
Remember LJ against Zona, and West Virginia? I think Cole looked great, with that said teams havnt even game planned for him and he shot 6-14 today in what was considered a really good performance.

I think for his first two games, Cole was damn good, and deserves a lot of credit for coming off the bench yesterday in Game 1 of his D1 career and not only calmly made shots but he saved us from an embarrassing loss. In most years, the shot clanks off the rim, and we lose the game. 

And yes, teams will plan for him, but hopefully, they’ll have to plan for Posh, Champagnie and others. We have to keep in mind that we did win by 17 w out two starters. That’s not nothing.

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »
From freshmen to junior? Anderson has been here for a year and 2 games!  He hasn’t even had one full off season at St. John’s. The physicality of the players that have been here are fine. You’re reaching as usual. If posh as a Junior is over weight or if Cole and Moore look the same next season (look at roberts) bring it up. Until then your just grasping at shit.
He not grasping at shit he has filly grabbed it. Calling Wusu soft-he's a bull, and McGriff pudgy-lol. Maybe wearing a mask has his glasses fogged up.

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 06:18:13 PM »
I think for his first two games, Cole was damn good, and deserves a lot of credit for coming off the bench yesterday in Game 1 of his D1 career and not only calmly made shots but he saved us from an embarrassing loss. In most years, the shot clanks off the rim, and we lose the game. 

And yes, teams will plan for him, but hopefully, they’ll have to plan for Posh, Champagnie and others. We have to keep in mind that we did win by 17 w out two starters. That’s not nothing.

I’m not overly worried. We were missing maybe our best player for both games and we came out 2-0. We did not play great and have so much to work on but we’re 2-0 so we can learn those lessons and not have it kill us.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 07:07:46 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 07:03:07 PM »
Williams and Earlington are only guys look physical enough for Big East. Posh, Wasu, McGriff, Toro all look pudge. Moore and Cole are sticks. Caraher has shown no physical improvement

The new pudgy players have been on campus for six months working out if that with masks on lest they die from the coof. The two players who you think jacked are upper classmen who've been on campus for several years. That's not evidence that the conditioning staff stinks, it's the opposite.

Foad

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 07:15:22 PM »
We have to keep in mind that we did win by 17 w out two starters. That’s not nothing.

Also it's not anything. Talent to me seems SJ level-ish, plus or minus. I'm pleasantly surprised by the JUCOs and not alarmed by the freshman. That is, other than maybe Mcgriff no one doesn't belong in the long term and he was a first year reach. What there is is definitely enough to put a scare or two into DePaul and Butler. But a 4 star recruit like Posh barely outplaying a 2 star recruit from the A-10, let's not get too damp too soon. I suspect another long season.   

Johnny23

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 08:15:35 PM »
It's only two games in and we're 2-0. The team played much better today than in the first game.

I think the added depth and impact newcomers are the two biggest positives at this early juncture. Once we get more of the returnees meshing with the new guys we're only going to improve. Anderson's system isn't the prettiest but it's proven effective his entire coaching tenure so I see little reason for it not to continue.

A lot of overreactions on here from both sides but so early but so far so good.

Poison

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »
Also it's not anything. Talent to me seems SJ level-ish, plus or minus. I'm pleasantly surprised by the JUCOs and not alarmed by the freshman. That is, other than maybe Mcgriff no one doesn't belong in the long term and he was a first year reach. What there is is definitely enough to put a scare or two into DePaul and Butler. But a 4 star recruit like Posh barely outplaying a 2 star recruit from the A-10, let's not get too damp too soon. I suspect another long season.   

It’s 2-0, and that makes it something, but yes, this is not 2-0 over Duke and Gonzaga.

I think Coach has more options at every position than we’ve seen in a long time. That’s the team he builds.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 08:20:09 PM by Poison »

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 08:19:51 PM »
Posh bullied them all game. Kid is strong. You want him to be an even bigger bully? Ok, so do I.

You're misunderstanding. No one is questioning strength. These guys are not in good shape
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 08:24:20 PM »
You're misunderstanding. No one is questioning strength. These guys are not in good shape

My bad. I see what you mean. I agree that some of them should be getting up and down court better, but not everyone. Some of them are in good shape.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 08:48:47 PM »
I’m not overly worried. We were missing maybe our best player for both games and we came out 2-0. We did not play great and have so much to work on but we’re 2-0 so we can learn those lessons and not have it kill us.

The fact that you openly acknowledge Champagnie as our best player is a problem

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 08:49:31 PM »

This is extremely fair

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2020, 08:53:20 PM »
My bad. I see what you mean. I agree that some of them should be getting up and down court better, but not everyone. Some of them are in good shape.

This year is somewhat of a pass due to pandemic but not looking at this issue exclusively for this year. I've been hammering this from Mullin tenure that the strength program is trash. We get what we pay for and there needs to be better commitment from the school.

These guys should be looking like they just got out of boot camp

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2020, 08:55:34 PM »
Watching URI vs BC right now. I really hoped that Caraher would have been like Kelly is for BC

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 09:03:48 PM »
I'm encouraged by the fact that our 3 best players are new to the team.

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2020, 09:06:27 PM »
The fact that you openly acknowledge Champagnie as our best player is a problem

“Maybe” our best player. This time last year you thought “maybe” he was a CAA player.

Thanks scout Dave
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 09:16:48 PM »
“Maybe” our best player. This time last year you thought “maybe” he was a CAA player.

Thanks scout Dave

You're right he exceeded expectations leading us to a 5-13 record in conference. Not sure we'll be too much better this year.

I don't know what you want me to tell you. He's a nice piece and his shift to stretch 4 elevated his game. If he was our 8th best player I'd be really happy

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 09:18:12 PM »
I'm encouraged by the fact that our 3 best players are new to the team.

Cole can shoot and he's got some swag to him.

jr49

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2020, 09:26:16 PM »
Coach Mike is in good coaching shape. I trust him with the team i root for.The time to rip him is not yet here.Lavin not bringing in players who could give a guy a blow was a problem.

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2020, 09:29:35 PM »
Coach Mike is in good coaching shape. I trust him with the team i root for.The time to rip him is not yet here.Lavin not bringing in players who could give a guy a blow was a problem.

This isn't about Mike Anderson. If Coach doesn't have the budget to hire proper staff that's on the school. Lavin got the school to pony up and we had a really great support staff. When things went south there and after debacle with Slice the school went cheap on everything.

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2020, 09:33:19 PM »
It's ok to acknowledge where we are as a program. It doesn't make you less of a fan or a hater. You don't need to defend to the very end because things can be better.

We saw some promising things out of some new comers yesterday and today. The team will get better together as the season goes on but we're not going to be competitive in conference. The conference has a few teams rebuilding this year so we'll get a few wins but we'll be in the bottom third and I don't see that changing following year either.