Lasalle 11/26

• 154 replies

Poison

Lasalle 11/26
« on: November 25, 2020, 11:48:38 PM »
Johnnies 82
The L Train 79

Our defense gave up so many easy baskets. I can’t see that being corrected in less than a day. I’m counting on Williams, Earlington, Roberts, Toro and Dunn not struggling so much again.

Re: Lasalle 11/26
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 09:43:09 AM »
LaSalle is talented but they are incredibly young. Our experience should edge here
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:44:00 AM »
Champagnie is out, and Dunn may be out, too. It’s time for Williams and Earlington to prove that they belong playing starter minutes.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 12:15:55 PM »
Would like to see us get out in transition more today. Need better pressure and rebounding.

LaSalle is young team should force errors. Really curious to see how their guys compare. I'm really familiar with a lot of their players.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 12:34:31 PM »
Would like to see us get out in transition more today. Need better pressure and rebounding.

LaSalle is young team should force errors. Really curious to see how their guys compare. I'm really familiar with a lot of their players.

We looked like a team that hasn’t  played together enough. Defense was lousy. Offense was lousy.

I hear ya, the rebounding wasn’t good enough. The interior d wasn’t there at all. I would like to see them press. That’s the point of all of this. Turn them over and beat them in transition.

It was also puzzling as to why Coach knew to keep a careless Caraher on the bench, but didn’t realize that he had Moore on the bench for too long in the second half.

Let’s see what adjustments are made all around.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:35:15 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »
I really like McGriff.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »
Where is Cole?

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
We looked like a team that hasn’t  played together enough. Defense was lousy. Offense was lousy.

I hear ya, the rebounding wasn’t good enough. The interior d wasn’t there at all. I would like to see them press. That’s the point of all of this. Turn them over and beat them in transition.

It was also puzzling as to why Coach knew to keep a careless Caraher on the bench, but didn’t realize that he had Moore on the bench for too long in the second half.

Let’s see what adjustments are made all around.

Carless Caraher? Dude had 19 turnovers in 32 games last year.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 03:09:08 PM »
So many things need to change with this program. Our whole strength and conditioning staff needs to go. We are most soft bodied team in conference.

Cole, Moore, etc. all have some redeeming skills but as a whole it's undeniable that we've taken major steps backwards in skill and athleticism. Our hustle pressure will only go so far.

I know it's early and we need time to gel but this is more about individual pieces just not being good enough.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »
Guys playing with good energy in 2nd half. Starting to breakdown LaSalle

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 04:16:40 PM »
Missed the first half but liked what I saw in the second outside La Salles run where our guys seemed careless and lethargic.

Otherwise, great energy, Posh is going to be key going forward. Cole is a special scorer, seems to have more tools in his bag than our recent ISO scorers or at least will be harder to defend with his length.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 04:32:23 PM »
We are most soft bodied team in conference.

What team are you looking at? The two guys on our roster most in need of strength have been here less than a semester.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 04:34:47 PM »
Moore is another key. Played big minutes today and affected the game on both ends.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
What team are you looking at? The two guys on our roster most in need of strength have been here less than a semester.

If you think we're in good shape the last few years you need to start watching other teams. We look low major. We haven't been elite since Lavin left.

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 05:43:59 PM »
If you think we're in good shape the last few years you need to start watching other teams. We look low major. We haven't been elite since Lavin left.

Soft bodied lol. Williams Dunn, Earlington, Champaigne. Who? Posh, Wusu, mggriff? Roberts put on good muscle. Who is soft bodied

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »
Soft bodied lol. Williams Dunn, Earlington, Champaigne. Who? Posh, Wusu, mggriff? Roberts put on good muscle. Who is soft bodied

Williams and Earlington are only guys look physical enough for Big East. Posh, Wasu, McGriff, Toro all look pudge. Moore and Cole are sticks. Caraher has shown no physical improvement.

Go look at D-Lo, Greene, or Sir Dom from freshman compared to junior year. Mullin teams were soft too.

School needs to overhaul it's athletics.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »
Williams and Earlington are only guys look physical enough for Big East. Posh, Wasu, McGriff, Toro all look pudge. Moore and Cole are sticks. Caraher has shown no physical improvement.

Go look at D-Lo, Greene, or Sir Dom from freshman compared to junior year. Mullin teams were soft too.

From freshmen to junior? Anderson has been here for a year and 2 games!  He hasn’t even had one full off season at St. John’s. The physicality of the players that have been here are fine. You’re reaching as usual. If posh as a Junior is over weight or if Cole and Moore look the same next season (look at roberts) bring it up. Until then your just grasping at shit.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:02:16 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »

Poison

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »

The best players on this team have played two D1 college games. It’s sloppy, but what else is gonna happen with new players?

I don’t see what you’re seeing regarding the big drop in talent. How is this different than how Harrison, Harkless, Lovett, and Ponds started here? I’ll tell you one way? We didn’t lose to Detroit, Northeastern, Delaware State, and LIU. So, that’s one way these guys are different.

Obviously, there’s no Shamorie Ponds on this team, and there aren’t a boatload of top 100 recruits, but the defensive miscues, the playing too fast, the not finishing inside, these are things that we can correct. We could have won this game by 40+. A 17 point victory isn’t incredible, but there were plenty of bright spots.

For those, like me, that were concerned that Cole was just a chucker with bad form, I’m happy to be wrong. He sees the court well, and he can create, too. And that shot-THAT is the alpha that we were missing last year.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:00:29 PM by Poison »

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:34 PM »
The best players on this team have played two D1 college games. It’s sloppy, but what else is gonna happen with new players?

I don’t see what you’re seeing regarding the big drop in talent. How is so different than how Harrison, Harkless, Lovett, and Ponds started here? I’ll tell you one way? We didn’t lose to Detroit, Northeastern, Delaware State, and LIU. So, that’s one way these guys are different.

Obviously, there’s no Shamorie Ponds on this team, and there aren’t a boatload of top 100 recruits, but the defensive miscues, the playing too fast, the not finishing inside, these are things that we can correct. We could have won this game by 40+. A 17 point victory isn’t incredible, but there were plenty of bright spots.

For those, like me, that were concerned that Cole was just a checker with bad form, I’m happy to be wrong. He sees the court well, and he can create, too. That’s the alpha that we were missing last year.

Remember LJ against Zona, and West Virginia? I think Cole looked great, with that said teams havnt even game planned for him and he shot 6-14 today in what was considered a really good performance.

Poison

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 06:04:39 PM »

Posh bullied them all game. Kid is strong. You want him to be an even bigger bully? Ok, so do I.