Marquette Game Thread

• 25 replies
Re: Marquette Game Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »
Jesus christmas. A problem for our offense is that nearly everyone stinks except JC and it doesn't help that the coach is a nice person. The first half of the game today was basically shut JC down and let the rest of the mutts do whatever they want. And then the second half despite which he almost won the game by himself.

Again, did he bang your girlfriend? He's nearly the only player on the team who doesn't stink and you've been shitting on him since he got signed. Give it a rest. You're beclowning yourself.

You are misinterpreting my sentiment.

My issue stems from coaching. We were running some action to get JC looks at elbow and corner. Lately it's been looser and settling for 3's. Is JC converting at good clip? Yea but would be even better if we had any structure or sets. He's nearly doubled his 3 attempts in conference vs out.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »
“We didn’t lose, we just ran out of time” -Mike Anderson.  Great quote coach.

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2021, 02:53:47 PM »
He's Avery Patterson without the headband. 
And without the 72 threes.

Foad

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2021, 03:54:34 PM »
You are misinterpreting my sentiment.

My issue stems from coaching. We were running some action to get JC looks at elbow and corner. Lately it's been looser and settling for 3's. Is JC converting at good clip? Yea but would be even better if we had any structure or sets. He's nearly doubled his 3 attempts in conference vs out.

Okay, well, I was really responding to your original comment, which was that SJ needs Champagnie "to be a dirty work guy," which in my understanding of BB vernacular means a lunch pail player: "dirty work is a reference to players who do the least glamorous things on the basketball floor."

http://alvin-almazov.com/basketball-eng/dirty-work-2/

With which I disagree. JC is a star in the making and SJ other than him comprises almost completely a team of lunch pail players who nearly to a man are ill-suited to doing anything other than least glamorous things. If your point is that JC is excelling despite Coach Home Run, that I agree with, because Anderson stinks. Which point I think might be clearer if you made it by at least mentioning the coach and not the player who is being ill-served.

I don't like to speculate, but he already looks frustrated on the court, and the no sit rule does not bode well for mid majors like Saint John's.

Foad

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »
“We didn’t lose, we just ran out of time” -Mike Anderson.  Great quote coach.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2021, 09:47:12 PM »
Okay, well, I was really responding to your original comment, which was that SJ needs Champagnie "to be a dirty work guy," which in my understanding of BB vernacular means a lunch pail player: "dirty work is a reference to players who do the least glamorous things on the basketball floor."

http://alvin-almazov.com/basketball-eng/dirty-work-2/

With which I disagree. JC is a star in the making and SJ other than him comprises almost completely a team of lunch pail players who nearly to a man are ill-suited to doing anything other than least glamorous things. If your point is that JC is excelling despite Coach Home Run, that I agree with, because Anderson stinks. Which point I think might be clearer if you made it by at least mentioning the coach and not the player who is being ill-served.

I don't like to speculate, but he already looks frustrated on the court, and the no sit rule does not bode well for mid majors like Saint John's.

He's been great. If I came across harsh it was simply what we needed for game flow at the time. He was without a rebound and 80% of his shots were 3's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle