Stacey Davis Killed the Internet Star

• 49 replies
Stacey Davis Killed the Internet Star
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »
Ok this thread is purely for all Stacey Davis bashing. Its because of people like her internet journalism gets a bad name. I don't know why people buy accounts for Rivals to pay for this nonsense. There are some very good Rivals sites out there but St. John's isn't one of them. I have a few examples of her poor journalism but I want more! To the person who points out the most Stacey Davis errors will win 2 free tickets to any St. John's game of their choice and 2 free Johnny Jungle T-Shirts courtesy of JohnnyJungle.com (Must point out a minimum of 3 mistakes as well as have at least 5 people participate in pointing out errors for the contest to be run)

Earlier this year Stacey Davis interviewed Lenny Pitt an assistant at LIU. She quoted him on material pertaining to an unsigned recruit which is an NCAA VIOLATION. Way to go Stacy! You should probably realize those comments were made off the record(means don't print it)! This material was edited of the site but not before some coaches in the NEC took notice and reported LIU.

Stacey also provided us with the great content on Quincy Roberts which wasn't exactly informative. Guess what Quincy has been on campus since July. He has been "workout" with his team. Hey Stacey how about asking him what he has been doing for his workouts? Its called a follow up question. Also please try and focus your camera if you are taking your own photos or don't publish photos which look like crap like this.

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=853373

Here is another gem where Stacey reveals Durand Scott's top 5 list of schools after his visit to Pitt. Except she leaves off Pitt in the list?!?!? Talk about a big typo. This is pretty bad when you bill the article up like this...

On Sunday at the iS8 Tip-Off Fall Classic, New York's four-star recruit, Durand Scott of the legendary Rice HS in New York City exclusively told NYC Hoops that he has trimmed down his school list to five schools.

How many exclusives did you get after that shoddy reporting?

Speaking of shoddy reporting how about this nice typo. According to Stacey St. John's no longer has Anthony Mason Jr.

"The senior leadership of the St John's team is without Anthony Mason, Jr., a player that may have a famous name to live up to but has carved out his own legacy already on the court."

Wow now this is news!

Let the games begin!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:14:50 PM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

Re: Stacey Davis Killed the Internet Star
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:46:12 AM »
jj I feel where u are coming from and I know these guys are gonna tear into her like gtown tore into the johniees. But she looks so damn good it's hard to be mad at her. This might sound horrible because we are in the 08 but she is kinda fly

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
jj I feel where u are coming from and I know these guys are gonna tear into her like gtown tore into the johniees. But she looks so damn good it's hard to be mad at her. This might sound horrible because we are in the 08 but she is kinda fly
post a pic of her then.  i wanna see this "flyness."

Seriously, though? Her work, it's a disservice to tolerate garbage from an info site like that, and a disservice to the writers who actually put some good stuff on the pay sites, actually keep readers informed, actually graduated 9th grade English.  And it's a disservice to the women out there trying to get news scoops, fly or not.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »
No need to bash.
These thing settle theyselves out. No doubt.
Let it go.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
Is there some beef with her and JohnnyJungle I am unaware of?  It seems unfair to attack a young woman so publicly solely based on a couple of errors in her writeups. 

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »
post a pic of her then.  i wanna see this "flyness."

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:45:15 AM »
She's very cute.  I wouldn't give her fly, but to each their own. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:25:09 AM »
She's very cute.  I wouldn't give her fly, but to each their own. 
Agreed.  How does Rivals pick/ hire their writers, though?  From Theo to this?  Other Rivals sites certainly have better scribes, what explains the inconsistency?

mkras99

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
Not a good pic of her.  I saw one of her somewhere else and she looked much, much better.  She's not a good writer (an understatement), but to start a whole thread bashing her is pretty weak.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 12:57:27 AM »
Is there some beef with her and JohnnyJungle I am unaware of?  It seems unfair to attack a young woman so publicly solely based on a couple of errors in her writeups. 

Why should her gender come into question? This has nothing to do with her journalism and if I was her I wouldn't want it to. I'd rather be judged on my work(well not in her case) rather than my looks.

There is no beef with her but I'm just exposing the truth to something that involves St. John's and thats what we do here. We try and provide you with the most information on the program. The good and the bad.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:03 AM »
Ok so here is another classic example.

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=860132

Stacey lists Bob Huggins as having a record of 616-221 is wrong because his record is 616-222.

If you look at the University site which has his record and even a season by season record so get your calculator handy indicates this.

Then she says his teams have made it to the NCAA tournament 15 times. Guess again he's been there 16 times!

Count it up on the University site again.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?section=13032

So where oh where could Davis be getting this info from?

Hmmm type in Bob Huggins into google and the first result that pops up....

.....WIKIPEDIA!

Davis used wikipedia as the main source of info for the article?!?!?!

Yes she did. Wiki has 221 losses and 15 NCAA appearances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Huggins

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 01:18:24 AM »
^^^ There is another error in that article as well who can find it?

LJSA

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 02:34:10 AM »
If there was any reason for her to be at a SUNY Purchase party in the early '90s I think I may have made out with her.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 07:03:30 AM »
If there was any reason for her to be at a SUNY Purchase party in the early '90s I think I may have made out with her.

I don't knowk LJ, she does look dangerously like a tranny.  How much did you drink that night? I hear Purchase is pretty artsy and liberal :)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »
artsy liberal girls will rock your world, man!

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
So no one can find the other error?

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »
Did you mean that Huggins is seventh in career victories?

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »

you are on the right track....is he 7th or is he something else?

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »

With Olson's return, he'll be fifth among active coaches this upcoming season.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 11:31:33 AM »

With Olson's return, he'll be fifth among active coaches this upcoming season.

ding ding ding correct!

That was 3 mistakes in 1 article see how easy this game is...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 12:15:57 PM by JJ »