Drexel scrimmage

• 30 replies
Re: Drexel scrimmage
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »
Remember this is just a scrimmage a time for both teams to work on some things and get out some kinks. The score is wiped clean at the end of each half/quarter because its really irrelevant. Its good for the kids to play someone other than themselves before the season starts.

Thanks JJ.  I hear ya, but we're all looking for some sign of a miracle.
And I guess it's not going to show up at a Drexel closed door scrimmage :)

We won't see anything till preseason NIT

Learn your schedule JJ.  SJU plays LIU on November 14 at The Lou before heading up to Boston.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »
Remember this is just a scrimmage a time for both teams to work on some things and get out some kinks. The score is wiped clean at the end of each half/quarter because its really irrelevant. Its good for the kids to play someone other than themselves before the season starts.

Learn your schedule JJ.  SJU plays LIU on November 14 at The Lou before heading up to Boston.

Perhaps he's referring to the level of competition.  I hope LIU doesn't test us.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »

Perhaps he's referring to the level of competition.  I hope LIU doesn't test us.

Norm Roberts said they'd be tough. Everyone we play is "tough" according to Roberts.

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
Yank will be performing his comedy routine all day everyday here at Johnny Jungle. Admission is free. Seriously though we all know we're not going to get a good grasp of what the team can really do with a 20 point win against LIU. Cornell will be a nice test and further into the NIT will be even better.

If we judged the team last year after the NEC tour we'd be national champs and Geno would have been an All-American. However you need warm up games like that and ever major team in America schedules easy games. Its good to practice execution and to give confidence going into conference play.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »

Norm Roberts said they'd be tough. Everyone we play is "tough" according to Roberts.

Every coach says that.

"This is a great rivalry and Rutgers is such a strong and talented team," said head coach Dr. Dave Masur. "I thought this was a good team victory because our depth really helped us out tonight

Dave has stated that after every game this year. Tough team, Very Talented what is a coach suppose to say.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »
Yank will be performing his comedy routine all day everyday here at Johnny Jungle. Admission is free. Seriously though we all know we're not going to get a good grasp of what the team can really do with a 20 point win against LIU. Cornell will be a nice test and further into the NIT will be even better.

If we judged the team last year after the NEC tour we'd be national champs and Geno would have been an All-American. However you need warm up games like that and ever major team in America schedules easy games. Its good to practice execution and to give confidence going into conference play.

I think there were plenty of folks pointing out the deficiencies of the team after the NEC tour.  Yes, Cornell and then hopefully BC will add to the total picture but there will at least be visual evidence of the teams progress or lack thereof even after the LIU game.  Not sure if I'll be able to see it here in Cali though.

Poison

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 02:25:07 PM »

liu means more if we lose, or if it's close. We've lost to them before.

one thing is for sure, it is the first time under Norm that we've opened the season with a true pg.
we'll see how much of a difference that makes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:26:21 PM by Poison »

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
one thing is for sure, it is the first time under Norm that we've opened the season with a true pg.

Brother here make an impotant point.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 04:27:24 PM »

I guess Daryl Hill was not a true pg, but the brother could ball.....

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »

I guess Daryl Hill was not a true pg, but the brother could ball.....

No doubt.
Shame what happen.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 05:37:02 PM »

I like Boothe, and with some improvement offensively, and some maturity defensively, maybe he can be exactly what this team needs to score more points. Choz, have you heard anything about how his game has developed?

Edited by Jumpinjohnny:  Fixed quotes
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:39:18 PM by jumpinjohnny »