Anyone who still supports Norm....

• 26 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Anyone who still supports Norm....
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
should be committed.   I don't want to hear about injuries.   We got TOTALLY tooled around by one of the worst Big East teams.  We are going NOWHERE fast with this coaching staff, and the players give up on Norm in the losses.  They should announce the firing before the season is up but allow him to finish as lame duck coach.   Start the coaching search asap.

What you fail to understand is that many of us support the players and the program.
Good, bad, or otherwise, Norm Roberts is the head coach so he is part of the package.

Start a poll of season ticket holders on all three boards and see how many “claim” that they didn’t renew this season for ANY reason. I suspect that number is less than 50 in total, and probably closer to 30. All of the veteran season ticket holders can still be seen attending home games at CA and MSG.

Coming on here and bashing and name calling students who are barely younger than you doesn’t improve anything.

You are reportedly a young attorney, so obviously you have plenty of free time on your hands. Write a letter a week to Father Harrington. Send one to Louie and Monasch too. Write to the Big East Commissioner, the NCAA President, the TV networks, the local print media.

Do something productive instead of telling people (including students) who support this program that they are enablers!

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem!

What you fail to understand is that Norm Roberts gets paid more than ALL of us to coach.  If any of us failed miserably for 1 month like him we'd be canned.  THis is a BUSINESS for a coach and an administration.   It's NOT for the kids --- which is why I will ALWAYS supportthem - UNLIKE you.

WAY more season ticket holders have dropped.  Hell, my Dad dropped his 2 after the Pitt incident and Norm got hired cuz he knew we werent going nowhere ---- and he had had them for over 20 years.

Your last quote rings very true.   Those who go to the games and DON'T complain about the coach and try to affect change ARE THE PROBLEM!   RSHF - you are one of the biggest enablers I have ever seen.  Tell me HOW you are part of the solution --- if you cant, as you said, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 10:14:51 AM »
You are reportedly a young attorney, so obviously you have plenty of free time on your hands. Write a letter a week to Father Harrington. Send one to Louie and Monasch too. Write to the Big East Commissioner, the NCAA President, the TV networks, the local print media.

Are you mentally challenged?   How would working as a first year attorney at a large firm downtown provide me FREE time?  You need to get your head examined...

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »

[/quote]

You think emailing someone would accomplish anything? They've lost money annually on the basketball program while garbage schools like Uconn and Pittsburgh are making millions.

The administration just sits there. You want to make a difference?
Try shooting the president. Shooting the president an email, that is.

He deserves the death penalty. Not the program.
[/quote]

so let me get this straight post on 3 boards will get more done then emailing someone who actually has power over this? yea so let me keep posting and hope this gets to monash or harrington.

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 03:08:49 AM »

What you fail to understand is that Norm Roberts gets paid more than ALL of us to coach. 
Speak for yourself junior.
Norm Roberts may get paid more to coach than you do to fetch coffee and pick up your boss’s dry cleaning, but I still ask what does how much Norm Roberts get paid have to do with anything?

If any of us failed miserably for 1 month like him we'd be canned.  THis is a BUSINESS for a coach and an administration.
It’s a business for this coach and administration?
Let’s just agree to disagree.

It's NOT for the kids --- which is why I will ALWAYS supportthem - UNLIKE you.

Ignoring your third grade level spelling and grammar, let’s move on to the next point: can you please refresh us as to when I didn’t support the kids? I made a simple comment that I wished SJU had “Kids that will play up to their ability every game.”

Whereas your “supporting” comments include:

Tomas was a horrible recruit and has never demonstrated anything to make anyone think he is any better than the best cheerleader on the team.

Edmondson is a freshmen, and not a highly regarded one.

Coker was a project and averaged 5 ppg in HS.

Boothe was not recruited by other Big East schools, is 5'8, and is the starting and only point guard for a Big East team - what more do you want?

Justin is the only one who was supposed to be any better than he is currently performing.

Stick a fork in us....we're DONE.  The next few games are going to be unwatchable...mark my words.

WAY more season ticket holders have dropped.  Hell, my Dad dropped his 2 after the Pitt incident and Norm got hired cuz he knew we werent going nowhere ---- and he had had them for over 20 years.

“WAY” more season ticket holders have dropped? Should we just take your word for this or do you have some documentation to support your ludicrous claim?

I am sad that your Dad chose to give up his season tickets after 20 years. And since he apparently gave them up even before he saw a game coached by Norm, I now understand where some of your small minded mentality comes from.

Your last quote rings very true.   Those who go to the games and DON'T complain about the coach and try to affect change ARE THE PROBLEM!   RSHF - you are one of the biggest enablers I have ever seen.  Tell me HOW you are part of the solution --- if you cant, as you said, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
In closing, I support this program through R&W donations, through season ticket subscriptions, and through attending games and cheering for the team regardless of the outcome of the games.

Don't you have some DICKtation to attend to ?

Tha Kid

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 08:38:47 AM »

What you fail to understand is that Norm Roberts gets paid more than ALL of us to coach. 
Speak for yourself junior.
Norm Roberts may get paid more to coach than you do to fetch coffee and pick up your boss’s dry cleaning, but I still ask what does how much Norm Roberts get paid have to do with anything?

Oh really, I should speak for myself?  You get paid more than Norm Roberts?  What do you do and how do you make close to 1 million per year?

If any of us failed miserably for 1 month like him we'd be canned.  THis is a BUSINESS for a coach and an administration.
It’s a business for this coach and administration?
Let’s just agree to disagree.

You are saying that NCAA basketball is not a business for a school or a coach?  You are short-sighted and naive.

It's NOT for the kids --- which is why I will ALWAYS supportthem - UNLIKE you.

Ignoring your third grade level spelling and grammar, let’s move on to the next point: can you please refresh us as to when I didn’t support the kids? I made a simple comment that I wished SJU had “Kids that will play up to their ability every game.”

This is a message board - give it a rest.  There is no doubt in my mind that I am more intelligent than you in every way possible.  You spew drivel and nothing more.

“WAY” more season ticket holders have dropped? Should we just take your word for this or do you have some documentation to support your ludicrous claim?

I am sad that your Dad chose to give up his season tickets after 20 years. And since he apparently gave them up even before he saw a game coached by Norm, I now understand where some of your small minded mentality comes from.

1.  No, you don't need documentation - just look at how many people attend the games.  Unless you have evidence to support your "less than 50 have dropped since last year" statement, then you're FOS.
2.  My Dad dropped b/c of the Pitt incident, a terrible 2 years of Jarvis/Clark and then a totally lack of care by the administration as evidenced by its choice of Norm!  You think he was small minded? How was he wrong?  It's like playing the stock market and he won big time, 5 years of futility, why would ANYONE want to be a season ticket holder right now other than a student?

In closing, I support this program through R&W donations, through season ticket subscriptions, and through attending games and cheering for the team regardless of the outcome of the games.

Don't you have some DICKtation to attend to ?

Um --- YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! GIVING MONEY TO THE ADMINISTRATION RIGHT NOW SHOWS YOU SUPPORT NORM! YOU ARE FOS!

And no unlike you who are a coffee boy and glorified secretary for whatever job  you have, I am assigned important tasks, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=related.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:39:19 AM by Tha Kid »

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 09:28:05 AM »
Enough of the name calling.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 09:52:05 AM »
Agreed with Jumpin.  Let's lock this one.