Hack-A-Evans

• 10 replies
Hack-A-Evans
« on: January 22, 2009, 11:43:41 PM »
Forget playing zone against us just foul Sean Evans. That is the way to beat us. 4-13 today. I don't understand how this kid is that bad at Free throws.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

Re: Hack-A-Evans
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:04:35 AM »
Forget playing zone against us just foul Sean Evans. That is the way to beat us. 4-13 today. I don't understand how this kid is that bad at Free throws.

a truly disgusting 2nd half collapse. every fan should be reimbursed by norm roberts for what they paid for tonight.

this was one of the worst displays I've ever seen. A new low.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »

a truly disgusting 2nd half collapse. every fan should be reimbursed by norm roberts for what they paid for tonight.

Yea because Norm Roberts shoots FT for his players  ::)

Don't sell me some crap either that he has to prepare them to shoot FT either. Ask Calipari and even earlier this season Buzz Williams(Marquette) said he spends no time practicing FT because its like riding a bike.

Sean Evans needs to spend his spare time shooting 500 FT a day until he cracks 60%

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:03:34 AM »

Don't sell me some crap either that he has to prepare them to shoot FT either. Ask Calipari and even earlier this season Buzz Williams(Marquette) said he spends no time practicing FT because its like riding a bike.

Sean Evans needs to spend his spare time shooting 500 FT a day until he cracks 60%
Oliver Purnell said two years ago he was changing his approach to recruiting. Clemson had long been known for being the worst FT shooting team in the league. Therefore, he initially tried to teach his players better technique. After a while, he decided he didn't want to waste any more valuable practice time on a few players. He was going to recruit ready-made quality free throw shooters.

Evans was the worst offender, but the whole team needs to improve their foul shooting.
Players need to take it upon themselves to self-improve. It ought to be frankly embarassing that we have one player shooting over 70% from the charity stripe.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 02:14:35 AM »
looie always ran free throw shooting drills after practice and his teams seemed to be okay in that department.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 02:33:39 AM »
The thing with Evans is that with Malik, Rob, and DJ out, he was the only player that could create his own shot.  Paris can really only take what is set up for him.  Evans is at least fast enough to get by the opposing big man guarding him.  He also went to the line off a lot of offensive boards.  But you are right...4-13 is embarassing. 

Justin has a real nice release on his shot for a big.

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:13:49 AM »

The collapse was NOT only Norm...and yes...Norm IS partially responsible for his FTs.  It's not only on Evans to  go out and shoot 500 FTs, it's on Norm to make him - give him extra help, whatever he needs.  But a 20 point loss in the 2nd half is not by ANY means due to free throws alone - anyone who thinks so needs to get a reality check.  It was a horribly mismanaged half.  And I don't wanna hear any f'n excuses about injuries or other bull.  It's NORM's fault we don't have a backup PG to play while Malik is out.  Every fan out there knew we needed one, and Norm failed to bring one.  Tyshawn Edmondson was a horrible signing when we needed a true PG.  Why bother with him, get any backup PG - just give me a true one who has a great handle and knows how to run an offense - I bet you could find PLENTY on the bench at mid major schools who would have been fine as a backup PG for us.  It's disgusting.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 10:15:27 AM »

The collapse was NOT only Norm...and yes...Norm IS partially responsible for his FTs.  It's not only on Evans to  go out and shoot 500 FTs, it's on Norm to make him - give him extra help, whatever he needs.  But a 20 point loss in the 2nd half is not by ANY means due to free throws alone - anyone who thinks so needs to get a reality check.  It was a horribly mismanaged half.  And I don't wanna hear any f'n excuses about injuries or other bull.  It's NORM's fault we don't have a backup PG to play while Malik is out.  Every fan out there knew we needed one, and Norm failed to bring one.  Tyshawn Edmondson was a horrible signing when we needed a true PG.  Why bother with him, get any backup PG - just give me a true one who has a great handle and knows how to run an offense - I bet you could find PLENTY on the bench at mid major schools who would have been fine as a backup PG for us.  It's disgusting.

This thread wasn't solely intended for last night's performance but an overall sense of Sean Evans' FT shooting.

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 10:16:53 AM »

This thread wasn't solely intended for last night's performance but an overall sense of Sean Evans' FT shooting.

yet you responded to Poison's remark about the collapse and only attributed it to Sean Evans' FT shooting.  Threads go off topic a little sometimes, when someone suggests a broader issue, and you only respond with the FT issue, it seems like you are blaming the entire collapse on that.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
Sorry yo, but FT shootin can be helped with practice.

1. Its showin proper technique.
2. Its gettin rid of bad habits.
3. Its repitition.
4. Its practicin when you is beat tired.

Just like anytin to do wit ball like making proper cuts, establishin post presence or settin a tru pick, FT shootin can be helped severely wit good coachin.

College ballers aint finished products when they come in.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 12:25:14 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Evans Free Throw Shooting
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
Someone should show him this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRCbvYTbMCo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:35:02 PM by Johnny4Life »