Ty more TO's than Points + Assists......YIKES!

• 19 replies
Ty more TO's than Points + Assists......YIKES!
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »
In the past 8 games Ty has averaged 2.25topg while averaging 1ppg and .37apg. That is 18 turnovers to 8 points and 3 assists(12 total). Seriously someone needs to light a fire under this kid's ass. He was in the game no more than 10 seconds before he had a turnover which led to a highlight reel jam the other way.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Ty more TO's than Points + Assists......YIKES!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »
I dont think this kid will be on the team next year

Poison

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 11:04:38 PM »
In the past 8 games Ty has averaged 2.25topg while averaging 1ppg and .37apg. That is 18 turnovers to 8 points and 3 assists(12 total). Seriously someone needs to light a fire under this kid's ass. He was in the game no more than 10 seconds before he had a turnover which led to a highlight reel jam the other way.

Is he the worst player ever to get a schollie from us?

Tyler Jones? Tom Bayne? Mohammed Diakite? I wonder.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »
I think the kid has some potential but waiting for him to reach it might not be what this program needs. I think he may benefit from playing at a lower level and sitting out next year.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
It looks like we have the Mason/Stephenson dilema solved  :D

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »
He's awful, he couldnt even hand the ball off w/o it getting ripped away. Once Boothe comes back hopefully he will never see the floor.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 11:41:54 PM »
He's awful, he couldnt even hand the ball off w/o it getting ripped away. Once Boothe comes back hopefully he will never see the floor.
When fans are pining for Malik Boothe :o, among the worst starting point guards in the history of the program, to come back, that tells you all you need to know. Give credit to Quincy Roberts, he's made the best of a bad situation.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:56:19 PM »
When fans are pining for Malik Boothe :o, among the worst starting point guards in the history of the program, to come back, that tells you all you need to know. Give credit to Quincy Roberts, he's made the best of a bad situation.

I don't think that is fair to say of Malik

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 12:21:46 AM »
Malik would be fine in a good system with scorers around him.  The non-scoring PG has been done before.

But Ty?  I actually don't think he has any potential at all, except maybe as a defensive SF backup at a low D-1 school.  He has the game of a guy who should make their name crashing the offensive glass and defending, but he's 6'3 (supposedly 6'4" but he doesnt look that tall).

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 12:23:35 AM »
No need to call out the kid.

Put away the fangs and let things take they natural course.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 12:38:27 AM »

I'm all for praising when I feel someone deserves it but to be fair he deserves criticism at this point in time. I'm not saying he isn't trying his hardest out there but the fact of the matter remains he is hurting the team and isn't shaping up to be a contributing member of this team.

It's obvious he is lacking confidence and at this point I'm not sure he'll get it. I thought Miami was perhaps a turning point for him but it appears it was just a fluke.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 03:35:38 AM »
the kid has completely lost his confidence.  he needs a new coach.  hopefully he gets one at st john's

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 07:32:29 AM »
I think the kid has some potential but waiting for him to reach it might not be what this program needs. I think he may benefit from playing at a lower level and sitting out next year.

This kid is just not up to the task of playing in the Big East and will be burried at St. John's moving forward.

No doubt he is the leading candidate to transfer.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:41:25 AM »

I don't think that is fair to say of Malik

Or accurate. Maurice Brown, Derek Brown, James Scott and Eugene Lawrence were all worse. Even if it was only because they couldn't handle the ball to save their lives.

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 09:06:42 AM »
TY needs to sit until he does better...it is that simple, this team cannot afford to have him turn the ball over and not score

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 10:54:20 AM »

I'm all for praising when I feel someone deserves it but to be fair he deserves criticism at this point in time. I'm not saying he isn't trying his hardest out there but the fact of the matter remains he is hurting the team and isn't shaping up to be a contributing member of this team.

It's obvious he is lacking confidence and at this point I'm not sure he'll get it. I thought Miami was perhaps a turning point for him but it appears it was just a fluke.

No offense yo, but adults who is earnin 700K deserve criticism. A 18-year-old boy who is far away from home and is tryin his best dont.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

Geno is playing in Kazakhastan

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 11:11:09 AM »

No offense yo, but adults who is earnin 700K deserve criticism. A 18-year-old boy who is far away from home and is tryin his best dont.

Everyone is always subject to criticism. Like I said in my previous post I'm not questioning his desire, work ethic, or rooting against him but he does not belong on the floor right now. Injuries have forced him to play a larger roll than expected but fact of the matter remains there are better recruits out there than him and our team could benefit more likewise he would benefit more as a player playing in a smaller conference school where he could showcase his abilities more.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »
His confidence is shot , these are when fans are supposed to embrace him, but we Now Yorkers are going to Kick em while he is down. Strip him of scholarship & tell him to run back south.

I just hope the kids on campus are supporting him  :-* , it is tough what he is going through he is obviously better than what he is showing

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 01:02:04 PM »
No, you guys have a point.  But as fans, it's obvious - especially in an environment where this team will need to jettison some players to not have last year's results repeat themselves in 2011 - that some guys might need to leave the program or redshirt.