“Put your dad in”

• 7 replies
“Put your dad in”
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »
I hope the SJU students will come up with something thoughtful for Gonzo and his cast of characters when they come to Carnesecca Arena

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/06/hazells-31-lift-pirates-over-johnnies/#more-11382

As if Seton Hall’s 91-81 victory at The Prudential Center wasn’t bad enough, the Seton Hall student section mercilessly taunted injured St. John’s star Anthony Mason Jr. all night as he sat on the bench with a boot on his injured right foot. Mason Jr., who is out for the season, endured suggestions like “Put your dad in” in reference to his father, Anthony Mason Sr., who starred for the Knicks a generation ago.

kob24

Re: “Put your dad in”
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »
Of course not marco why stand up for someone on ur team when they are losing. They are losers let them get disrespected who cares just fire norm

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:39:50 PM »
I hope the SJU students will come up with something thoughtful for Gonzo and his cast of characters when they come to Carnesecca Arena

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/06/hazells-31-lift-pirates-over-johnnies/#more-11382

As if Seton Hall’s 91-81 victory at The Prudential Center wasn’t bad enough, the Seton Hall student section mercilessly taunted injured St. John’s star Anthony Mason Jr. all night as he sat on the bench with a boot on his injured right foot. Mason Jr., who is out for the season, endured suggestions like “Put your dad in” in reference to his father, Anthony Mason Sr., who starred for the Knicks a generation ago.

Zags is a joke sometimes.  "Mercilessly taunted?"  C'mon.  What is so bad about "Put your dad in?"  Considering the fact that Mason Sr. got caught having sex with a 13 year old girl, those comments show restraint on the part of the SH fans. 

Chanting to put your NBA father in the game is not even an insult.  It can even be taken as a compliment because how many kids in college have a father that was an NBA player?

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
I thought it was deemed classless to kick a program that is down? Shame on Seton Hall's student section!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 03:50:57 PM »
not even original we did that for Ewing Jr.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
I thought it was deemed classless to kick a program that is down? Shame on Seton Hall's student section!

If you can't see the difference between a Big East school vs. NJIT, an NCAA record-holder for consecutive losses, and two teams with almost indentical records in the same conference, then it is not even worth it to discuss with you.   

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
Remind me of when St. John fans would yell at Danny Hurley "You're not Bobby!"

Aint nuthin wrong wit that. Part of the game long as it within the boundaries of tatse.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »
Remind me of when St. John fans would yell at Danny Hurley "You're not Bobby!"

Aint nuthin wrong wit that. Part of the game long as it within the boundaries of tatse.

And in hindsight, even that wasn't in good taste. It ruined him for years.