How about them BC Eagles?

• 10 replies
How about them BC Eagles?
« on: February 15, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
They just beat Duke for their 19th win of the season. Good for them.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

Re: How about them BC Eagles?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »
now dave how many all american or top 50 players do they have?

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:53:30 PM »
now dave how many all american or top 50 players do they have?

Ty Rice = 3 star NR recruit
Joe Trapani, Rakim Sanders, and Reggie Jackson = no star NR

kob24

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »
how many all americans or top 50 recruits does duke have?

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »
how many all americans or top 50 recruits does duke have?

A whole lot of them

kob24

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »
so wait wait one minute u mean to tell me this man who had no herald recruits beat a all american team THEE duke university. wow so u dont need top flights recruits to win. i have been saying that for a minute now guess he proved my point. also the crowd was loud as hell. they have some fan base

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »
so wait wait one minute u mean to tell me this man who had no herald recruits beat a all american team THEE duke university. wow so u dont need top flights recruits to win. i have been saying that for a minute now guess he proved my point. also the crowd was loud as hell. they have some fan base

They also beat UNC who has more all-americans than Duke does. Anybody can beat anybody. It's all about who is better for 40 minutes.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
Tyrese Rice is a helluva player.  He has the confidence/arrogance that no one on our team has.  He takes control of the game when his team needs him to and he delivers.  The closest we have is Paris---but it is a recent phenomenon for him and he has yet to show that he can do it consistently.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »
Duke is going to come out for an absolute arse kicking on Thursday.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »
It's a great win and a rare good atmosphere at Conte, but it's easy for players and a fan base to get up for North Carolina or Duke, where were they when when their four star players, like Sanders, Jackson, Southern, or a late signee like Rice lost by double-digits at home to Harvard :o last month?

St. John's and MSG have been able to draw very well and provide a good atmosphere for the bi-annual Duke game as well. I fully expect the Thursday game to be our biggest gate of the season.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »
I think AL skinner is the 2nd best coach in all of college basketball behind John Beline.

If I had a five star Kid it would come down to those two coaches
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"