Greatest College Basketball Programs of All Time

• 8 replies
Greatest College Basketball Programs of All Time
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28116552/

We're still hanging in there at #19.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

Re: Greatest College Basketball Programs of All Time
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
Disgusting that we've dropped that low.  Utah, Cincy, Nova, and the Ilini above us?  What?!?

Where is Western Kentucky?  They are the most prolific program nobody knows about.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »
I dont think St Johns and a couple of others deserve to be on that list

kob24

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
what was yall ranked in 2004?

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:26 PM »
Nova over Georgetown? really?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »
Disgusting that we've dropped that low.  Utah, Cincy, Nova, and the Ilini above us?  What?!?

Where is Western Kentucky?  They are the most prolific program nobody knows about.

Dropped that low?  Why on Earth would we be any higher?  It's not Norm that dropped us...it's EVERYONE since Louie.  We have no final fours since the mid 80s and NEVER won an NCAA title.  Nova has a title.  Utah has been to the F4 2x in the 90s.  Cincy was constantly awesome in the 90s.  Illinois had some 1 seeds and I believe a f4 appearance.  Why are you surprised or shocked marillac?  We don't deserve to be much higher without a title!
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

Dropped that low?  Why on Earth would we be any higher?  It's not Norm that dropped us...it's EVERYONE since Louie.  We have no final fours since the mid 80s and NEVER won an NCAA title.  Nova has a title.  Utah has been to the F4 2x in the 90s.  Cincy was constantly awesome in the 90s.  Illinois had some 1 seeds and I believe a f4 appearance.  Why are you surprised or shocked marillac?  We don't deserve to be much higher without a title!

We're seventh all-time in wins (after surrendering some)!  The NIT was the championship back in the day and we have a boatload of them. 

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »
We should be higher with two final fours, two player of the years, and 6/5 NIT titles.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:16 PM »
Most of the schools above ST Johns have at least 1 NCAA title. Although Im not sure why Utah is so high, and why is Notre Dame top 25?

Marillac, Western Kentucky is on the "best of the rest" list at # 30

Shouldnt Maryland be a little higher, they are at 32?