Time for a change

• 79 replies
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 05:51:29 PM »
lets not forget we've only played 4 games with Mason back too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »
Please no more excuses it's getting pitiful, we are getting out coached and out played in almost every game, we barely win games we are supposed to win and almost never win or in games we are NOT supposed to win except that little stretch last year. As a diehard SJU hoop fan i'm getting sick of this, wait all off season with the hope this is the year and flop, don't give me the fact that Mase was out we have enough talent to beat Ohio, Tulane and Niagra and pummell marist instead we lose and barely squeek one out.

kob24

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 07:02:10 PM »
look fellas i dont know about all that but i truly belive half of yall wouldnt be as upset if the team was a little more up and down on the court. if they put more points on the board

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »
Well we've fouled less and have looked quicker defensively however not as quick as I want to be. I want more pressing. I think we can settle into a rotation and shouldn't be subbing in fear of foul trouble as much(exception tomas/dele platoon).
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 07:34:36 PM »
Kob24, who cares if we run and press and still lose games we should win, i'll take a slow tempo and wins any day.

kob24

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »
nah im not saying that. but u would rather lose watchng a boring game or lose watching a exciting game

Randomhero423

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2007, 07:52:27 PM »
with this STJ team. i wanna see wins and that's it.  it's not fun watching a close game with niagara...

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2007, 07:54:11 PM »
mypoint exactly random

kob24

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »
oh ok i was just thinking if the game was more exciting u guys wouldnt be as mad 

Randomhero423

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2007, 08:00:24 PM »
oh ok i was just thinking if the game was more exciting u guys wouldnt be as mad 

in years 1,2, and a lil bit in 3 i wouldn't be.  but it's been too long to give norm a pass saying "atleast we were close." 

kob24

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »
im not trying to give him a pass. i just cant stand looking at ugly basketball

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »
kob24, you know what your talking about when it comes to hoops, but give me wins. I'm getting tired of the same ole line loss after loss. How many times over the last 100 or so games have we put together a solid all around effort against a good team. Our offense is so bad nothing gets better, no adjustments. anyway atleast some people care or i would'nt be on all day calling for a change, lets all get invoved and try to bring this program back.

kob24

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »
im with u i sent my player here

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2007, 08:15:37 PM »
kob24, who or what type of coach would you bring in and think would be respected by the nyc hoops scene. Just interested in your thoughts, I know i have mine. Would you go witha m. jax or t. pecora who would bring respectability back and basketball that we can enjoy back to SJU.

kob24

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »
to be truly honest im not sure mark jackson has ever coached anything . he has the name but i think thats a little dangerous having no coaching experience. mr. pecora im not sure if he can get recruits either. ny is a funny city. norm should 1st get some one on his staff who has contact with the kids of ny. look at the guys from indiana and pitt or any other college. u need that guy 1st and foremost. im not sure f there is any coach who isnt coachng right now who can come and change this program. and all the ones who could really get it up again is probaly gonna want a huge check which i dont think the administration is gonna want to give

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2007, 09:21:03 PM »
I don't think Mark Jackson will be a college coach ever...Pecora isn't succeeding at Hofstra and we want him at St. John's?  Calipari ain't coming...never was...never will...are there any real viable candidates?

As for this year...Roberts needs to let these kids play...the fact we struggle on offense isn't helped by the fact that we only give ourselves 8-10 seconds to work for a shot after Geno is dribbling around for 20-25 seconds.

Did anyone else think we looked better with Boothe in the game the last 2 times out?

And if Roberts wants the ball in JB's hands you tell your players noone shoots until JB touches it!!!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »
JB and Wright aint goin' nowhere. They both made commitments to a struggling program and they knew this comming in.

kob24

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »
JB and Wright aint goin' nowhere. They both made commitments to a struggling program and they knew this comming in.
exactly u are very very smart for making that assesment

pmg911

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »
to be truly honest im not sure mark jackson has ever coached anything . he has the name but i think thats a little dangerous having no coaching experience. mr. pecora im not sure if he can get recruits either. ny is a funny city. norm should 1st get some one on his staff who has contact with the kids of ny. look at the guys from indiana and pitt or any other college. u need that guy 1st and foremost. im not sure f there is any coach who isnt coachng right now who can come and change this program. and all the ones who could really get it up again is probaly gonna want a huge check which i dont think the administration is gonna want to give

Norn has had PLENTY of opportunity to add a local assistant with REAL ties to the high school and AAU community...  and has refused..   he probably could have gottne Book this summer but he stayed loyal to "his guys". . that is certainly his right but its ultimately going to have a very negative impact on his St. John's resume and might end up costing him his job...

kob24

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2007, 11:26:40 AM »
u 1000% percent right pmg. the only difference is i dont think norm will get fired. i just dont see it he would have gotten fired already. i think admnistration really likes him.