Burrell?

• 25 replies
Re: Burrell?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »
This is such a drama thread lol.

Justin wasn't playing well what so ever and other were playing well. So we kill Norm for not playing Rob Thomas when Justin played poorly and now we're killing Norm for not playing Justin in favor of Rob Thomas even though he is playing poorly. The best players should play all the time.
I agree that this should be a meritocracy, but I must admit I was surprised by Norm Roberts' decision to insert Coker late over Burrell.

For the record, I never killed him for playing Burrell over Thomas earlier in the year. Thomas needs to make a concerted effort to improve his conditioning in the off-season. He was winded several times during the game.

Maybe Burrell said something or his overall body language....IDK. I was interested to see who was coming in at that point at well. If a kid is sulking on the bench the entire game I'd refrain from putting him in garbage time for the last 1 min.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »
Burrell missed a wide open dunk!!
He needs to sit the bench so he will come out ready to play so when he gets in he can play to his full ability

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 02:01:20 PM »
This is such a drama thread lol.

Justin wasn't playing well what so ever and other were playing well. So we kill Norm for not playing Rob Thomas when Justin played poorly and now we're killing Norm for not playing Justin in favor of Rob Thomas even though he is playing poorly. The best players should play all the time.
I agree that this should be a meritocracy, but I must admit I was surprised by Norm Roberts' decision to insert Coker late over Burrell.

For the record, I never killed him for playing Burrell over Thomas earlier in the year. Thomas needs to make a concerted effort to improve his conditioning in the off-season. He was winded several times during the game.

Maybe Burrell said something or his overall body language....IDK. I was interested to see who was coming in at that point at well. If a kid is sulking on the bench the entire game I'd refrain from putting him in garbage time for the last 1 min.
Burrell is my favorite player on the team, but his body language was god-awful, which, with a veteran head coach, would've had him bolted to the bench, but Roberts had tolerated the sulking and complaining in the past, likely due to our lack of depth.

Maybe with all of the added people, media, and even a highly regarded peer like Mike Krzyzewski he wasn't going to put up with anything, let alone from a player averaging 9 a game.

If he does indeed land Stephenson, it'll be a major test of how much of a pushover he is.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
 :-\ Justin is  a tweener. not skilled enough for 3 & not big & strong enough for a 4. Ar best he backs up Evans.

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »
:-\ Justin is  a tweener. not skilled enough for 3 & not big & strong enough for a 4. Ar best he backs up Evans.

Just is not a tweener at all.  He has no SF ability WHATSOEVER!  He is certainly big and strong (although he could really improve here) enough for the position. He doesn't show that desire that a player like Kennedy has, but it has NOTHING to do with size or talent.

Stix Mitchell is 6'5 180 lbs and is averaging nine boards a game in the Big East as a PF!  He got 15 against Uconn and JB only got TWO in 27 minutes.

My only problem with this move, is the timing.  The season is lost.  We will win two games if we are extremely lucky.  Why make your most talented player upset in transfer season?

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
Burrell made sports center today for top 10 NOT players of the week checking in at #8 for his missed dunk against Duke.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle