Burrell?

• 25 replies
Burrell?
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »
The kid has not played well at all this year! But what is going on here? These last games mean nothing, especially if we are to believe Norm is in no danger of losing his job. But even if Norm is coaching for his job, he owes it to the only school that would ever have employed him this long to try and straighten out Justin not bury him! If this program has any hope than Burrell has to be a part of the equation. Now I know Norm has no idea what he is doing and probably can't help Justin, but playing him 10 minutes IS NOT helping anyone!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:23:04 PM by we are sju »

Marillac

Re: Burrell?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »
The kid has not played well at all this year! But what is going on here? These last games mean nothing, especially if we are to believe Norm is in no danger of losing his job. But even if Norm is coaching for his job, he owes it to the only school that would ever have employed him this long to try and straighten out Justin not bury him! If this program has any hope than Burrell has to be a part of the equation. Now I know Norm has no idea what he is doing and probably can't help Justin, but playing him 10 minutes IS NOT helping anyone!

When Burrell plays well we are a good team.  I don't expect Norman the Nightmare to see that, though. 

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »
This is such a drama thread lol.

Justin wasn't playing well what so ever and other were playing well. So we kill Norm for not playing Rob Thomas when Justin played poorly and now we're killing Norm for not playing Justin in favor of Rob Thomas even though he is playing poorly. The best players should play all the time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 11:01:44 PM »

Justin wasn't playing well what so ever and other were playing well. So we kill Norm for not playing Rob Thomas when Justin played poorly and now we're killing Norm for not playing Justin in favor of Rob Thomas even though he is playing poorly. The best players should play all the time.

Justin has not played well all year! Why bench him and play him less than 10 minutes in a game against Duke?
Drama? Not at all, I will go out on a limb and predict Justin is gone after this year!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »

Dave, I appreciate your blind loyalty and in most cases it would be very admirable, but in the case of this basketball program you just don't get it! The longer this team remains terrible, the more likely it will be that we never get back to respetability!. Name a program that sucked for 10 years and then became a consistent top 20 team again! If Burrell transfers and Norm is retained it would be a huge blow for this program!

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »
Great now Burrell will go to Gary Payton school Oregon St.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »

Dave, I appreciate your blind loyalty and in most cases it would be very admirable, but in the case of this basketball program you just don't get it! The longer this team remains terrible, the more likely it will be that we never get back to respetability!. Name a program that sucked for 10 years and then became a consistent top 20 team again! If Burrell transfers and Norm is retained it would be a huge blow for this program!

I'm not sure I get the point of this post or how it applies directly to me?

How do I have blind loyalty?
What don't I get?
I'm sure there are a few teams we could name that apply.
Also there is no truth to Burrell transferring so why start talks/rumor of it?

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:15:31 AM »

What don't I get?

Dave, you were voted the #2 Normie on a poll by BEB.  Clearly you are doing something to give off that impression.  To me, you are have complete blind loyalty.  Many, many others feel the same way.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:40:18 AM »

What don't I get?

Dave, you were voted the #2 Normie on a poll by BEB.  Clearly you are doing something to give off that impression.  To me, you are have complete blind loyalty.  Many, many others feel the same way.

LOL the fact that you label people Normie's is comedy in itself. I'm a St. John's fan as the rest of you. Creating cliques of St. John's basketball fans is a little nutty in my opinion. I call it how I see it. I don't praise Norm unjustly nor do I bash him unjustly. Just because I don't carry a torch and pitchfork does not make me rosy red or put a positive spin on everything.

I don't compare our current state to the state of the program 20 years ago. Some people do. For me the program is what it is and I'm here to provide a place to talk about the daily ins and outs of the program. I try and post many different threads with different outlooks, opinions, and opportunities for discussion which  doesn't necessarily reflect my own opinion or true feelings.

Say what you will but I believe I create an environment here where people can easily enjoy reading threads while also posting in them. I think things are very organized, creative, while also being informative. I don't think one tone is represented here but rather a collection of different opinions and outlooks. I don't think the same can be said for other places that you can discuss St. John's hoops. 

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:03 AM »
I like what Norm did tonight.  This is really the first time he's really been benched for a long period of time for poor play and this is a way of trying to motivate him.  Let's see if it works...
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »
I know he's been playing very poorly, but I'll say one thing, when he went up for that dunk and he missed, I felt sorry for him. He was so much better last year, I just wonder how a player can regress so much.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 08:41:15 AM »
I know he's been playing very poorly, but I'll say one thing, when he went up for that dunk and he missed, I felt sorry for him. He was so much better last year, I just wonder how a player can regress so much.

Hey Dave, Stay strong don't let the dark side beat you down. Call it like you see it.

Justin has not played well, but the kid did get his face broken this year and DJ and Paris do not feed the post well.

I feel that Norm has not been able motivate Justin and Justin is just feeling sorry for himself as people tell him it is Norm's fault he is not doing well.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »

I don't disagree with you on this at all. I am personally worried that he will transfer.  This is not the time of the year to be doing this. 

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 08:57:33 AM »
Its ALL mental with Justin and its written all over his face.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
I think the young man has a lot of ability but he play with absolutely no fire for the game.

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 09:05:26 AM »

What don't I get?

It is my prediction. Every year since Norm has been here there have been transfers. Justin is my prediction for this year!
Larry Wright wasn't transfering and either was Calhoun as I recall ;)

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 09:07:51 AM »

I don't disagree with you on this at all. I am personally worried that he will transfer.  This is not the time of the year to be doing this.

Transfer to where? Iona could use a big man

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
I looked at the box scores at work last night and thought Burrell got injuired because his production in last night game low. I taped the game and will watch this afternoon.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »

I agree that this should be a meritocracy, but I must admit I was surprised by Norm Roberts' decision to insert Coker late over Burrell.

For the record, I never killed him for playing Burrell over Thomas earlier in the year. Thomas needs to make a concerted effort to improve his conditioning in the off-season. He was winded several times during the game.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 01:42:32 PM »

Should I bother asking who was #1?