Saint John's vs. Seton Hall Prediction Poll
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »
65-60 Saint Johns;
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:51:33 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Marillac

Re: Saint John's vs. Seton Hall Prediction Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »
I have to vote STJ >:(

It is just too hard to sweep a conference opponent, especially with the second game on the road. 

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

It is just too hard to sweep a conference opponent, especially with the second game on the road.

I think it's going to be a back-and-forth game with Seton Hall winning by 8 points.  Gonzalez can smell the blood in the water and would rather nothing else than to embarrass Roberts on his home court.  And I'm going to further predict that the post-game press conference will look something along the lines of ...

"Well, we just made too many turnovers on the floor tonight.  But that's how it is when you play in the Big East ... you're going to battle night in and night out with some of the best teams in the nation."

And I'm sure he'll manage to incorporate injuries and the team's youth into the speech.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

I hear that. 8 point loss.

I think it's going to be a back-and-forth game with Seton Hall winning by 8 points.  Gonzalez can smell the blood in the water and would rather nothing else than to embarrass Roberts on his home court.  And I'm going to further predict that the post-game press conference will look something along the lines of ...

"Well, we just made too many turnovers on the floor tonight.  But that's how it is when you play in the Big East ... you're going to battle night in and night out with some of the best teams in the nation."

And I'm sure he'll manage to incorporate injuries and the team's youth into the speech.

I hear that. 8 point loss. 79-71. Not close at any point. Tomas doesn't score one point. We shoot 2-23 from downtown.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:28:28 PM by Poison »

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
82-71 St. John's and Gonzo's head explodes with 2 minutes left and the game has to be called.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:50:56 PM »
I hear that. 8 point loss. 79-71. Not close at any point. Tomas doesn't score one point. We shoot 2-23 from downtown.

I am pleased to report that you were wrong on all your predictions!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »

How about Tomas playing well on Senior night!  Gotta be happy for him!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »

How about Tomas playing well on Senior night!  Gotta be happy for him!

Agreed, did you hear the ovation when he was introduced?
I was real happy for him when he got his 2 points!
He deserved it! A real nice guy, I chatted with him a few times.