Transfers

• 25 replies
Re: Transfers
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
he can shoot? really? I must have missed the game where he shot the ball well.

Neither can shoot. Q is an okay defender, a decent rebounder, and a terrible ball handler. So much so, that not much else matters on the court.

Q is not a lights out shooter but yes he can shoot.  He's a wing player trying to play point in the Big East as a Freshman on a team that has no other ball handlers(when Boothe isnt in the game).  I definitely wouldn't call him a terrible ball handler. JMHO :)

For all I know, Ty may end up being the better player but he hasn't shown much.  He plays rushed and scared.

Based on what they've shown in games noone in their right mind would pick Ty over Q.  No offense intended. :D
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
he can shoot? really? I must have missed the game where he shot the ball well.

Neither can shoot. Q is an okay defender, a decent rebounder, and a terrible ball handler. So much so, that not much else matters on the court.

Q is not a lights out shooter but yes he can shoot.  He's a wing player trying to play point in the Big East as a Freshman on a team that has no other ball handlers(when Boothe isnt in the game).  I definitely wouldn't call him a terrible ball handler. JMHO :)

For all I know, Ty may end up being the better player but he hasn't shown much.  He plays rushed and scared.

Based on what they've shown in games noone in their right mind would pick Ty over Q.  No offense intended. :D

Based on the games we've seen, we should all be in agreement that both should pack their bags after we get housed in the big east tourney.

Neither is what we need right now.

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »
I think Q & Omari will push each other for PT next year I am really high on both players. I don't want Q to leave but I agree he should not be bring the ball up, he is getting exposed & exploited every time he does & it is unfair because Norm can't find a PG his game has to suffer.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 03:08:06 PM »
I don't think Q is as bad of a ball handler as being made out to be. I think he makes bad passes and poor decisions with the ball but his dribbling isn't so bad. I don't think he has very good handles for a PG but for a SG he is fine.

Ty could be something and he could not be something. I think a lot depends on how hard he works to get bigger and stronger.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
I don't think Q is as bad of a ball handler as being made out to be. I think he makes bad passes and poor decisions with the ball but his dribbling isn't so bad. I don't think he has very good handles for a PG but for a SG he is fine.

Ty could be something and he could not be something. I think a lot depends on how hard he works to get bigger and stronger.

he is that bad. he can't even bring it up. Burrell and Q are about at the same level handling the ball. That's scary.

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »
he is that bad. he can't even bring it up. Burrell and Q are about at the same level handling the ball. That's scary.

You could not be more wrong about Q.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!