Project Lance 3/7/2009

• 47 replies
Re: Project Lance 3/7/2009
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,
I am writing to you for your support. I believe that all of us want St Johns to return to its glory days. And there is one recruit that can help us. Now i know all of us have a view on the coach. And i really don't want this to become a topic about that. If Lincoln wins on tues they will be playing on our home court CA next Sat. I really think this could be a moment where we could show him that we really want him. After him being at the Cuse game he could be having mixed feelings. This is one advantage we have over other teams. And i really think we need to use it. Next Sat lets get as many of us to CA and show Lance we want him.

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Great idea, it can't hurt our cause to show him a little love!

Why show some love when we can bash the livin sht out of him and go drool over some other schools recruit?  :D

Tha Kid

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,
I am writing to you for your support. I believe that all of us want St Johns to return to its glory days. And there is one recruit that can help us. Now i know all of us have a view on the coach. And i really don't want this to become a topic about that. If Lincoln wins on tues they will be playing on our home court CA next Sat. I really think this could be a moment where we could show him that we really want him. After him being at the Cuse game he could be having mixed feelings. This is one advantage we have over other teams. And i really think we need to use it. Next Sat lets get as many of us to CA and show Lance we want him.

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Why show some love when we can bash the livin sht out of him and go drool over some other schools recruit?  :D

Why post anything of value when you can just bash what everyone else says without having a real opinion for anyone to attack?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Why post anything of value when you can just bash what everyone else says without having a real opinion for anyone to attack?

Why post of anything of value when I can say the same sht over and over? Why post anything of value when I could just cry and whine like someone stole my baba?

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:03:23 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Why post of anything of value when I can say the same sht over and over? Why post anything of value when I could just cry and whine like someone stole my baba?

You're barkin up the wrong tree.  It's been about a month since I whined about Norm.  I assume we'll keep him even though we shouldn't, and I am hoping we sign Lance.  Try to show me how I have been one of these fans like to lambast.

My point is --- all you do is parade around these sites making fun, or criticizing, or being the king of sarcasm.  Howabout an opinion for a change?  Howabout a commentary on a good game AND a bad game rather than just congratulating or dissing.  you hide behind a thick shell and refuse to show your true opinions of the program unless you've had a few beers and the beast has his hands down your pants.  You're a st johns fan so let's hear what you really think for once.  You don't post funny ANYTHING anymore, so at least give us something of value since all you seem to do is try to be the oversight committee of anyone who attacks norm.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

You're barkin up the wrong tree.  It's been about a month since I whined about Norm.  I assume we'll keep him even though we shouldn't, and I am hoping we sign Lance.  Try to show me how I have been one of these fans like to lambast.

My point is --- all you do is parade around these sites making fun, or criticizing, or being the king of sarcasm.  Howabout an opinion for a change?  Howabout a commentary on a good game AND a bad game rather than just congratulating or dissing.  you hide behind a thick shell and refuse to show your true opinions of the program unless you've had a few beers and the beast has his hands down your pants.  You're a st johns fan so let's hear what you really think for once.  You don't post funny ANYTHING anymore, so at least give us something of value since all you seem to do is try to be the oversight committee of anyone who attacks norm.

Youre kidding right? I have been saying for awhile now that Norm isnt going anywhere and I do think he deserves another year.That by far is not a popular position to take. But like you said, why would a kid stay home when he could go play elsewhere? Why would he come to St Johns? Ive been ridiculed for not bashing Norm, how is that not giving an opinion? Im not flip flopping like some have, but I do think Norm has to do something special next season or hes gone.

Tha Kid

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Youre kidding right? I have been saying for awhile now that Norm isnt going anywhere and I do think he deserves another year.That by far is not a popular position to take. But like you said, why would a kid stay home when he could go play elsewhere? Why would he come to St Johns? Ive been ridiculed for not bashing Norm, how is that not giving an opinion? Im not flip flopping like some have, but I do think Norm has to do something special next season or hes gone.

Finally a real opinion -  Baldi you may think you back Norm but what you usually say is "he's coming back so why are we having this discussion" or "it's not even playing field because he doesn't pay player$"     Those aren't opinions on how the coach is doing.  You rarely give an assessment of how you think Norm is performing xs and os and recruiting - putting aside all the BS.  But you did say "he deserves another year" in this post, so thank you for adding some opinion.  I appreciate it.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Finally a real opinion -  Baldi you may think you back Norm but what you usually say is "he's coming back so why are we having this discussion" or "it's not even playing field because he doesn't pay player$"     Those aren't opinions on how the coach is doing.  You rarely give an assessment of how you think Norm is performing xs and os and recruiting - putting aside all the BS.  But you did say "he deserves another year" in this post, so thank you for adding some opinion.  I appreciate it.

See,all you had to was ask. ;) Lets see how Norm does with 2 of his best recruits coming next year, and hopefully Mr Stephenson. Hopefully, more kids start to stay home after this local class next year

Tha Kid

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

See,all you had to was ask. ;) Lets see how Norm does with 2 of his best recruits coming next year, and hopefully Mr Stephenson. Hopefully, more kids start to stay home after this local class next year

So do you think Norm can lead that team to the NCAA potentially?

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Absolutely. Just need some players,hopefully Omari, Lance,Hardy,Paris,Evans,DJ,JB and a healthy Mase are those players. I think that team has some potential.

Tha Kid

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Absolutely. Just need some players,hopefully Omari, Lance,Hardy,Paris,Evans,DJ,JB and a healthy Mase are those players. I think that team has some potential.

I agree the team has potential.  How do you feel about CM and FH requiring Norm to fire some assistants and bring in an xs and os guy -- maybe someone like Cluess?  If you aren't an offensive mastermind, you need one on the staff, and we don't have one.  Norm has had our teams playing very good D at times in the last 5 years - if Norm is retained, I think it should be a requirmeent for him to bring on a true offensive guru.

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »
Kid, that was Norm worst mistake IMO. The hiring of assistants. I dont have too many names to give you, but like its been said before but not hiring Terrence Mullin was big mistake. Norm was also a couple of years late on bringing in the 2 AAU guys, but now theyre paying divedends quickly.
I have alot more patience than some, I throw away Norms 1st 3 years because nobody was coming here in the shape the program was in. Slowly
but surely things are moving in the right direction.

Check this out from LFBALL

http://lfballonhoops.blogspot.com/

As I have mentioned in the past, St. Johns is improving and rapidly sneaking back into the picture as an area power regarding recruits. If Lance Stephenson signs with St. Johns, and I am sure SJU is all over this, SJU now improves its image and attracts great crowds at MSG. Also Alumni Hall again sells out every game on campus, NYC returns to the glory years, and the Garden again becomes the place to be for College basketball. Come on Lance make it happen! I know you read this blog on occasion and I am telling you that you belong on Broadway, well at least close to Broadway lol. Lance with the current SJU players and recruits would be dangerous!!

Lance we know Maryland wants you to follow in the footsteps of Albert King and be the next NYC superstar to attend school in College Park. Great place and I am sure they will treat you well. But there is nothing like home cooked meals, playing at the Garden, being able to eat a Nathan's hotdog when you wish, having your support network at games, having every NBA scout watch you perform, going to a school where you will be an impact guy from day 1, and lastly becoming a true home-town hero leading SJU back to the NCAA tournament. Watch out SHU, if Lance attends SJU the battle for area players and media coverage will be huge.

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
This is fun...actually talking about basketball, without all the negative attacks.  I wish it happened more often.  It is especially lacking on the other two boards.

I am still a supporter of Norm, but there have been a couple of times when my frustration reached a point where I almost went over to the other side.  I think people dwell too much on Norm's coaching inadequacies because of two reasons.  First, we have not had the players to compete against elite teams.  You can diagram the most brilliant play but if your team is clearly outclassed by the opponent, it will likely be unsuccessful.  Second, Norm came here with no head coaching experience and was asked to learn on the job.  You can disagree with the hire but it should have been expected.  Maybe he's not learning fast enough---I don't know.

My biggest disappointment has been with the recruiting.  That being said, the class from three years ago was supposed to be a pretty good one.  Kitchen didn't qualify, Q. Calhoun, Avery Patterson and Larry Wright transferred, and Rob had the devastating injury that delayed his development.  Or current Soph class was decent and is still a work in progress.  Last year's class has a couple of question marks but what we are getting this year is pretty good so far and may get better. 

We'll see what the future holds---if there is a future for Norm.  I suspect that his in-game coaching will improve with time and recruiting will continue to improve.  I do agree with Marco, however.  Next year, Norm has to show something or he may not last much longer.

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »
Well done tha kid.

Baldi you were being over the top ripping everyone lately even more than usual. It's good to add some of your own thoughts than being sarcastic about everyone else's thoughts.

Side note this thread has turned into a Norm thread....lol. LANCE, LANCE, LANCE. Who can go over there and make it for the game at CA?

How about someone organizes a pre-game gathering over at Sly-Fox or something. It would be really cool for everyone to go rocking red/white at the game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »
Well done tha kid.

Baldi you were being over the top ripping everyone lately even more than usual. It's good to add some of your own thoughts than being sarcastic about everyone else's thoughts.

Side note this thread has turned into a Norm thread....lol. LANCE, LANCE, LANCE. Who can go over there and make it for the game at CA?

How about someone organizes a pre-game gathering over at Sly-Fox or something. It would be really cool for everyone to go rocking red/white at the game.

I do go over the top sometimes, but I do get fed up with all the whining,and repetitive stuff about Norm. And I dont mean to single out anyone in particular, just comes out that way. I have no hard feelings towards tha kid or anyone else for that matter.

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »
Well done tha kid.

I do go over the top sometimes, but I do get fed up with all the whining,and repetitive stuff about Norm. And I dont mean to single out anyone in particular, just comes out that way. I have no hard feelings towards tha kid or anyone else for that matter.

Believe me I hear ya and know exactly what we're talking about. You make your point but to harp on the point you're just as guilty as being repetitive. You're still my man Baldi  :D Anyways back to Lance....
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »
Well done tha kid.

I can attend.  Would love to attend a gathering, say, 2 hrs before start of the game.  We should all chant "We are...St. John's" each time Lance touches the ball.

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »
I'm going, just have to find something else to wear.

My SJU shirts are all UnderArmour!   LOL

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 12:22:27 AM »
I will likely be there as well.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2009, 10:03:45 PM »
Great News guys they won today. They play at 5pm on Sat. so dont worry st johns plays at 7pm that night

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »
Great News guys they won today. They play at 5pm on Sat. so dont worry st johns plays at 7pm that night

St. John's plays on Friday at 7pm. 8)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!