Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Cedric Jackson...on FIRE
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »
amen to cedric jackson but i got cleve st....lets go vikings haha

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 11:32:19 PM »
Man, that Cedric Jackson, stats aside, he's got the nuts to play in the Big East!

I had Wake in the Elite Eight, but this could definitely happen.  Wake does a lot of those things to lose a game - too many turnovers, iffy shots, and no ability to hit from outside...

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:05:05 AM »
Marillac is naked with his boyfriend right now

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 07:49:32 AM »
Ced was AWESOME.  That norm really does know how to pick a diamond in the rough. Ugh.
"I drink and I know things"

boo3

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »
 You know things are bad when we get more excited about a kid who transfered 3 years ago than about anything going on with the current program. Hell, Ced got more pub. in the newspaper than Norm and the boys did all year. Hopefully our recruits are to young to remember Ced. and don't see what happens once a player leaves Norms evil clutches.(and a lot of hard work on Ced's part).  Good for him. :)  Bad for us. :'( 

kob24

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
Wow I never saw him play at st.johns so I don't know what kinda player he was. But he be dogging every time I seen him play. I heard he had a good freshman year but a bad sophmore year. What happened?

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
Wow I never saw him play at st.johns so I don't know what kinda player he was. But he be dogging every time I seen him play. I heard he had a good freshman year but a bad sophmore year. What happened?

Good defender but couldn't do anything on offense.  And when I say anything...I mean anything.  He had no confidence and the game didn't seem to slow down for him like it does for most players from their freshman to sophomore years.

He's looking good right now though.  Not sure what happened to Wake...they didn't show up.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:52:58 AM »
 :'( Three years later & we are still looking for a point guard. This is embarassing.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »
Props to the brother.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »
Now he has a good coach. I don't who should more disappointed, us for Norm telling Cedric to go. Or Rutgers fans telling Waters to take a hike?

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »
I heard he had a good freshman year but a bad sophmore year. What happened?
A complete loss of confidence on offense. He couldn't make a layup on a fast break and missed the rim by two feet from five feet out. A great defender who lit up the score board in high school - averaging 26 points per game as a senior (Northern Burlington New Jersey) but hit a wall in sophomore year at St. John's.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »
Wow.  I had this picked in my bracket--obviously ;) 
I can't believe how much Ced dogged the the future 2009 lotter pick, Teague.

Wake has three first rounders if they come out this year, and CSU was up 20 at one piont with a few minutes left.  They just dominated Wake from the 9-0 start. 

Ced has some ONIONS. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »

If people don't think ced's success story is swirling around in the heads of our current players about whether to stay or transfer, they are crazy.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 02:22:14 PM »

If people don't think ced's success story is swirling around in the heads of our current players about whether to stay or transfer, they are crazy.

Not just Ced.  Consider the success of everone that either left STJ or decommitted:

In the tourny this year:

Jonathan Williams - Minnesota
Derwin Kitchen - FSU
Cedric Jackson - Cleveland State

Previously:

Elijah Ingram - New Mexico State
Quinton Hosley - Fresno State
Jermaine Maybank?  - Kansas State (NIT?)

Nex year:
Probably Calhoun and definately Larry Wright

Larry Wright and Oakland making it next year is a 100% Marillac guarantee.

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
I don't think Arizona is a great team--although they do have two lottery picks and a second rounder--but CSU does not matchup well with them at all.

Hill is going to go bizerk against the CSU frontline.  20 and 15.

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 11:22:47 PM »

Marillac,

I second that 100 percent guarantee that oakland makes it next year.  They went 22-12 overall this year, their starting pg will be a senior, their 6'11 center and leading rebounder will be a junior, and then they add larry.  They lose leading scorer - and while I've never seen him play - I'd be surprised if larry does not make up for his loss offensively.  Ill go a step further and say they will be a 14 seed and give a 3 a run for their money. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »
Oakland almost made the tournament this year (the game against North Dakota State was incredible).  Larry will definitely be in the tournament next year.  They have a 2-guard coming back from injury as well.

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
Oakland almost made the tournament this year (the game against North Dakota State was incredible).  Larry will definitely be in the tournament next year.  They have a 2-guard coming back from injury as well.

They have a 2 guard coming back? Does that mean Larry White will be coming off the bench again?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »
I think it's Derrick Nelson (http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/blog/marchmadness/2008/10/summit-league-preview.html  some info in there), he plays SF, actually, so Larry should start.  Their coach is smart, he won't shelve the shooting weapon that is Larry Wright.  Defense is a team concept.  If someone can score on a team that can't, design a defense that keeps your team competitive and try to score the hell out of the ball.

Granted, Larry had some off nights for sure, but this team needed at least one other guard threat this year, if only to keep DJ/ Paris from being gassed at the end of the game.